IGNORED

POST YOUR MOST RECENT PIC!

Guest boo

I'm fine with jeans, but everyone in LA wears jeans all the time; it's rather ridiculous.

Delet..., I have to wear a suit and tie pretty frequently for work. As long as it all fits ok, it's pretty comfy. I don't feel suffocated or anything.

MEH

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's kind of funny how many people i can offend by wearing something as simple as blue jeans and a black top

offend probably isn't the right word but anyway

it's kind of funny how many people i can offend by wearing something as simple as blue jeans and a black top

I hope I'm not coming across as a suit and tie snob guy, because I wear a black t shirt and jeans about as often as Louis C.K.

Oh, I don't get offended—I don't give a fuck what anyone else wears. I just wouldn't wear blue jeans, personally. Just remnants from my goth days, I guess.

Jeans are awesome. Dleet is a queen.

trousers 4 eva !!!

I'm fine with jeans, but everyone in LA wears jeans all the time; it's rather ridiculous.

Delet..., I have to wear a suit and tie pretty frequently for work. As long as it all fits ok, it's pretty comfy. I don't feel suffocated or anything.

MEH

Don't worry baph, i don't care what you wear. And that is the point really. ;-] .. Tis the douches inside clothes (any sort of clothes to be specific) that can be a problem.

Actually i do care. If you wear bad 80's clothes or their modern equivalent ironically i despise you. As for the masses that follow the trend, well you can't blame them, the poor dears. They have enough trouble just doing basic problem solving, without having to worry about something as taxing as understanding the visual mechanics of apparel.

yes, i've noticed that. It pains me, but i don't hate you for it. (you're in a third group, people with no dress sense who think that they have. Like people that wear those 'zany' multicoloured bow ties. Or Elton John in the 70s. Actually he's in another group, not ironically using clothes for the pure confrontation of it all.)

;-p

Ah, I'm not too concerned. We're in different age groups, it's natural to disagree on style.

:cool:

My sense of style has been pretty consistent throughout my life. And when i was in the 80's i didn't like those clothes. But yes agegroup has something to do with it. As I've noticed that people tend to latch on to and ape, visual references from the heyday of their parents.

Maybe there's something deeper going on in your comment that i'm unable to gauge. And i'm really as shallow and immutable as the next man. A ball bearing trapped in the rut of the age he was dropped into. Unable to see over the edge into the greater scheme of things. You never know.

My parents were more into 70s rock actually; I remember asking them about Gary Numan once when I was in my early teens and they had no clue.

I dunno where the 80s thing came from for me. I just love the pop music from that era and the post-punk fashion, I guess.

It's not an opinion, it's a light hearted dig that bears to relation to what i actually think. That is stated for the purpose of friendly ribbing. Kinda like Modey did to you the other day, in which ever thread that i can't remember.

The Pacific is nothing in comparison to the gulf between antipodean and north american senses of humour methinks.

Anyway, if someone likes you and has always been mostly friendly, a mate, says something unbelievable that is out of sorts. It is probably meant in the context of the first paragraph. Sure if you are still unsure, investigate why the person said such a thing. But don't immediately assume the worst.

The word is love.

;-]

It's a plague.

And you know what zombies would be wearing then, jeans. (hard wearing for creatures that don't get much of a chance to change their wardrobe.)

Good jeans require limited washing. I don't see the downside there.

And with ties, I always thought their main use was to cover up the buttons underneath?

Maybe then, they need to move to novel button designs. To catch your fellows eye, in the workplace or out on that hot date. Satiate the need for display, whilst drawing attention away from the fact that you've got your buttons showing (crikey really !?)

I have a few shirts with nice buttons on them (black shirt with red buttons, black with white, blue with black, red with black)—actually I changed the buttons myself. I'm not sure about the original purpose of neck ties, but I fucking love them. Especially skinny ones.

I wore this one on monday. I think I've got a favourite here.

tumblr_m78zdrnIlx1radctjo1_1280.jpg

Really getting into those military style shirts too.

Archived