IGNORED

Q-Chastic/Melodies from Mars

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

too bad about those tracks... forums gone to shit in my absence. so for everyone asking about count binoculars, i sort of have a confession to make. i made a bet a couple of years ago with my friend (count binoculars) that i could get him to post in an internet forum. so i tried first in the max/msp forum by being a cock (hoping he would come in to defend his good name -- he didn't) but i was merely testing the waters there. i was also in possession of some old jazz disks of his that had what sounded like some older unfinished tracks and some dats with mic'd studio recordings. I of course happened upon watmm and around this time and i figured i had him fucking nailed. so i posted those old tracks and created a myspace page and started posting as him here. unfortunately my mom unexpectedly passed on just when things were getting good and i moved back to boston. long story short, i lost the bet and had to fly to iceland to purchase a bottle of brennevin for the count.

iceland was awesome.

-Tim

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah
i really loved count binoculars

so i suppose that means i really loved you all along?

haha, well it depends. he tends to rant and rave about shit a lot and im especially good at revving him up so i could just go ask him about something and get plenty of material to post. and it was really his music, just old throwaway stuff according to him. so its kind of like you loved him...

i also tried bugging his studio with a digital field recorder but i would just get hours and hours of bizzare noises and shit. he has these computers that are always running building these weird collages of noises. a "target based search through perceptual space" or some shit. but anyway you can turn the sound on on them and listen to it and i think that is what i got. i think he and sven koenig (the scrambled hackz guy) worked on it together. i was going to try to get that software and post it but like i said, some bad shit happened.

rocky path -> read the original thread.

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah
I think ZZZ is trying to imply that the unreleased RDJ tracks are Count Binoculars - they are not.

what?! that's ridiculous! no, not at all! in fact if you remember (look back through your pm's) i was the first to point out that i thought those where RDJ. all i am saying is that I was posting as count binoculars to try and win a bet. you and many others asked the count (who was me) for more music and i couldn't deliver it because i only had some old throwaway crap and couldn't get any better stuff (he's a secretive fucker). jesus don't go senile on us rex.

i thought it would be funny to come clean but this is getting boring. obviously not as good a joke as i thought.

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah
Yeah the joke backfired. Not much of a punchline. More a contorted explanation that fails to hold the attention.

i completely fucked this up. which is amusing in and of itself. no wonder i lost the bet.

Archived