IGNORED

MEN RECORDS

MEN Records is named after the Roger Hargreaves series of books, and an old, unused alias of Richard's around the time of PAC-MAN: Powerpill and the like.

Mr. Men? I loved those cartoons. How did you work this out though? Were told this by the "powers that be" then Joyrex?

Mike P and I were discussing it ages ago (around the time he broke that Brad Strider was Aphex), and he also mentioned a few other less-known aborted projects he had the fortune of hearing and knowing about. Supposedly he had a follow-up track to PAC-MAN called 'mind the gap' about the London Underground...

Another tidbit I recall: Back before R&S put out SA 85-92, the songs consisted of C90 audio cassettes he gave to his mates to listen to in their cars - there were quite a few cassettes, and the best of those got compiled into what is now SAW 85-92. Some of those cassettes still exist... and think about how many tracks could fit on a double-sided C90...

Extremely interesting information here, thanks Joyrex! :beer:

I've heard the C90 cassettes mentioned before in interviews (2005 Breezeblock special) also remember reading an interview with Vibert that some other known tracks were on those tapes, like Supremacy II and something else I think. Joyrex, didn't you mention before that supposedly Tom Middleton (I think?) had some of these tapes that were ruined in a flood? I could be slightly hazy on some of the above details

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another tidbit I recall: Back before R&S put out SA 85-92, the songs consisted of C90 audio cassettes he gave to his mates to listen to in their cars - there were quite a few cassettes, and the best of those got compiled into what is now SAW 85-92. Some of those cassettes still exist... and think about how many tracks could fit on a double-sided C90...

Was reading through some old articles and in one of the interviews Richard mentions that he had picked certain tracks from his cassettes and made different playlist versions of these cassettes for different friends, and based on reactions and feedback he assembled Selected Ambient Works 85-92 from the best responses

They are not data?! But I spent the last 4 years trying to decipher them! I got some weird mysterious patterns on analogue talks, they look like MIDI information!

Are you being sarcastic!?

This thread promotes sexism.

Aphex has said his music is for boys and girls.

lol (iffy translation)

Open your minds , you'll be happier.

Aphex is for men and woman.

xi (no idea)

seriously i want those tapes.

Joyrex has them :whistling:

I believe the only tapes Joyrex has are actual albums on tape, Melodies From Mars tape, and the MD of tracks recorded from tape ('95 era). The tapes in question are from the early 90's.

If Joyrex had anything else on tape or these particular tapes, I'm pretty sure he would have eluded to it or mentioned at some point in the past (as he's done by mentioning that MD of unreleased tracks for several years now...)

I believe the only tapes Joyrex has are actual albums on tape, Melodies From Mars tape, and the MD of tracks recorded from tape ('95 era). The tapes in question are from the early 90's.

If Joyrex had anything else on tape or these particular tapes, I'm pretty sure he would have eluded to it or mentioned at some point in the past (as he's done by mentioning that MD of unreleased tracks for several years now...)

u don't know the joyrex's collection about these tapes, he has more than u think

u don't know the joyrex's collection about these tapes, he has more than u think

:angry:

Guest Sir Winston

Oh YEK I remember that one I did have it but got lost on the zip drive transfer (yes it was that long ago, no pen drives here) to my other computer. Could you PM me a copy? Much appreciated.

Also ok on the yellow men, but to be honest if I do look for it will send it if you want it, have a white first pressing so won't charge you for it.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
lol what

they aren't good

pendejo_1.jpg The Dude: "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

:laughing: yeah, I'll change mine when he'll release the boxset

Archived