MEN 1 AFX* 2 Remixes By AFX (12", Bro)

MEN 1 AFX* 2 Remixes By AFX (12", Ora)

MEN 1 AFX* 2 Remixes By AFX (12", Yel)

MEN 1 CD AFX* 2 Remixes By AFX (CD, Maxi) In Collection

MEN 2 AFX* Smojphace EP (12", EP)

MEN 2 CD AFX* Smojphace EP (CD, EP, Bla) In Collection

User Reviews:

anType, Jul 04, 2003

Random thoughts: AFX's releases on Men Records are similar in content - all of them contain remixes made by AFX for other artists and noise tracks. 1st single "2 Remixes by AFX" contains two great remixes by AFX and one noise track. 2nd single "Smojphace EP" contains one stunning remix by AFX and TWO noise tracks. So, I guess, the 3rd single on Men Records will contain NO remixes by AFX and 3 noise tracks :).

From http://www.discogs.com/label/Men+Records

Don't tell us if it's a label created by Richard & Thomas...

And who know Ultravisitor? i think it's well a project by themselves!

about all that, discuss!

But b4 post a thread, read the rules!!! :angry:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wanted to be the pioneer of a modern, experimental record label by ripping "Sweet Exorcist - Clonks Coming" to his computer, hitting "Import Raw Data", pressing the bastard onto a 12", and sticking a spare remix on the other side.

2 Remixes By AFX was an experiment to see if "MEN RECORDS" would look good written on a release.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
He wanted to be the pioneer of a modern, experimental record label by ripping "Sweet Exorcist - Clonks Coming" to his computer, hitting "Import Raw Data", pressing the bastard onto a 12", and sticking a spare remix on the other side.

2 Remixes By AFX was an experiment to see if "MEN RECORDS" would look good written on a release.

:ohmy:

Guest Barricade

:angry:

but Smojphace EP? :angry:

Guest Enter a new display name

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

anType, Jul 04, 2003

So, I guess, the 3rd single on Men Records will contain NO remixes by AFX and 3 noise tracks :).

I actually really like the KTPA tracks, so I'm holding out for this release. No matter how ridiculously horrible the noise tracks sound, it'll never be as controversial as 4"33 smiley-evil.gif

anType, Jul 04, 2003

So, I guess, the 3rd single on Men Records will contain NO remixes by AFX and 3 noise tracks :).

I actually really like the KTPA tracks, so I'm holding out for this release. No matter how ridiculously horrible the noise tracks sound, it'll never be as controversial as 4"33 smiley-evil.gif

yes i'm agree with u, i don't understand some of here who don't like these ktpa tracks! That's really controversial since some tracks by squarepusher in ultravisitor album smiley-evil.gif in experimental! Bcause the noise, which by meaning is something noisy, cannot b listening? 2 where the noise is disturbing us? And why not us 2 amuse listening to any sorts of noise and making it of the "music", it's 4 me a revolution!

Or then the noise is just something that we hear (understand), whatever the dregree of it, bcause sometimes it is inevitable? smiley-evil.gif

:squarepusher::squarepusher_logo:

Guest Kenneth172
anType, Jul 04, 2003

yes i'm agree with u, i don't understand some of here who don't like these ktpa tracks! That's really controversial since some tracks by squarepusher in ultravisitor album smiley-evil.gif in experimental! Bcause the noise, which by meaning is something noisy, cannot b listening? 2 where the noise is disturbing us? And why not us 2 amuse listening to any sorts of noise and making it of the "music", it's 4 me a revolution!

Or then the noise is just something that we hear (understand), whatever the dregree of it, bcause sometimes it is inevitable? smiley-evil.gif

:squarepusher::squarepusher_logo:

Those KTPA tracks sound like DATA, not actual audio. I'm surprised nobody has found a way to decrypt them yet. The KTPA tracks are unlistenable IMHO. The sound of a ZX Spectrum loading was more interesting to listen to.

As for the name 'MEN' Records I thought that might be another Cornwall reference as in Mên-an-Tol (megalithic stone circles).

9705213.jpg

Dunno, total speculation.

MEN Records is named after the Roger Hargreaves series of books, and an old, unused alias of Richard's around the time of PAC-MAN: Powerpill and the like.

Archived