IGNORED

MEN RECORDS

Guest Kenneth172
MEN Records is named after the Roger Hargreaves series of books, and an old, unused alias of Richard's around the time of PAC-MAN: Powerpill and the like.

Mr. Men? I loved those cartoons. How did you work this out though? Were told this by the "powers that be" then Joyrex?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those KTPA tracks sound like DATA, not actual audio. I'm surprised nobody has found a way to decrypt them yet. The KTPA tracks are unlistenable IMHO. The sound of a ZX Spectrum loading was more interesting to listen to.

Agreed. I feel the same way about 95% of Merzbow tracks. NOBODY can move to that music. Including the composer. Shit, I can't even call it music with a straight face. Thankfully the one time I saw RDJ there were no noise tracks in his set. Merzbow however, doesn't move anything but his mouse. What can you move to that shite?

I seriously think noise tracks are a joke. A terrible, godforsaken joke.

Guest Kenneth172
Those KTPA tracks sound like DATA, not actual audio. I'm surprised nobody has found a way to decrypt them yet. The KTPA tracks are unlistenable IMHO. The sound of a ZX Spectrum loading was more interesting to listen to.

Agreed. I feel the same way about 95% of Merzbow tracks. NOBODY can move to that music. Including the composer. Shit, I can't even call it music with a straight face. Thankfully the one time I saw RDJ there were no noise tracks in his set. Merzbow however, doesn't move anything but his mouse. What can you move to that shite?

Yeah, it's got to be data. Otherwise they're pointless really shit tracks, they're like putting your ears through a cheese grater.

Guest Sir Winston

YEK you serious about a yellow men? I might have one lying about somewhere if you are interested.

Yeah, it's got to be data. Otherwise they're pointless really shit tracks, they're like putting your ears through a cheese grater.

The KTPA tracks are better than all the tracks on the unreleased MD (bar Praze-an-beeble).

this thread promots th e sxeimsm

aphex has adsi his music si 43 bous and girls\

jpow

open your monds to perfectioj, youll be happier,

aphed is for men and woman

xi

MEN Records is named after the Roger Hargreaves series of books, and an old, unused alias of Richard's around the time of PAC-MAN: Powerpill and the like.

Mr. Men? I loved those cartoons. How did you work this out though? Were told this by the "powers that be" then Joyrex?

Mike P and I were discussing it ages ago (around the time he broke that Brad Strider was Aphex), and he also mentioned a few other less-known aborted projects he had the fortune of hearing and knowing about. Supposedly he had a follow-up track to PAC-MAN called 'mind the gap' about the London Underground...

Another tidbit I recall: Back before R&S put out SA 85-92, the songs consisted of C90 audio cassettes he gave to his mates to listen to in their cars - there were quite a few cassettes, and the best of those got compiled into what is now SAW 85-92. Some of those cassettes still exist... and think about how many tracks could fit on a double-sided C90...

Guest Kenneth172

Hmmm..... Interesting. Wonder where those tapes are now? Unreleased tracks too? Cheers for that Joyrex.

the KTPAs sound like analog noise to me, not data

that's what i thought too.. sounds like he's just messing around with a couple of synths running through loads of distortion, or something heh.

Guest vodor

that's what i thought too.. sounds like he's just messing around with a couple of synths running through loads of distortion, or something heh.

ABSOLUTELY. synths.

data doesn't sound like that.

well, data can sound like anything, but data that's meant to be decoded doesn't sound like that.

yeah.

ABSOLUTELY. synths.

data doesn't sound like that.

well, data can sound like anything, but data that's meant to be decoded doesn't sound like that.

yeah.

:angry:

Archived