IGNORED

Sandpaper/blender

Guest galwegian

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=20791

The fourth piece is most interesting, the sample source apparently coming from Richard D James' seminal London gig in 1994 where he played with sandpaper instead of records; called 'DJ Set' you can hear the sandpaper in the distance but overlaid is a giant expanse of reverb, making it sound rather like you're trapped in an aircraft hangar.

*listens to this*

This is fucking awesome. Really.

so how the fuck did he record/get it?

edit: also this is anything but awesome. Just a bunch of "PAUHH"s

Edited by boris

I think Richard did the sandpaper gig in Philly or NYC. Not sure which. Classic folklore. Although, I feel old cause I remember hearing about it a couple months later..The people that get to see these gigs are always those high fidelity jaded record geeks with thousands of shows under their belts.. Never the real fan. Who can actually say they were at that show today?

I can. It was at the Knitting Factory in NYC. Was a good night. Caught the Club Disobey show with Aphex, Pan Sonic, DJ Beekeeper, FM Einheit & Casper Brotzmann, etc. Later in the night caught Prototype 909 at another club.

k, i
found...

It's scary how some of that does actually seem to sync.... still fucking hilarious though.

Don't have to watch it, got rick-rolled the other day on youtube by this

• 13 years later...
3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Scanner has a set on these 

awesomesauce

haven't listened to Scanner for a while. damn, those early albums of his would be really, really illegal nowadays.