IGNORED

Deerhoof - Offend Maggie

Guest Alfred E. Neuman

Guest Alfred E. Neuman

Such a great album. Their new guitar player has really added a lot to the band. Leaked.

KRS485.jpg

Tracklist:

CD

1. "The Tears and Music of Love"

2. "Chandelier Searchlight"

3. "Buck and Judy"

4. "Snoopy Waves"

5. "Offend Maggie"

6. "Basket Ball Get Your Groove Back"

7. "Don't Get Born"

8. "My Purple Past"

9. "Family of Others"

10. "Fresh Born"

11. "Eaguru Guru"

12. "This is God Speaking"

13. "Numina"

14. "Jagged Fruit"

LP

Act 1

1. "Offend Maggie"

2. "Fresh Born"

3. "Chandelier Searchlight"

4. "The Tears and Music of Love"

5. "Buck and Judy"

6. "Don't Get Born"

7. "My Purple Past"

Act 2

1. "Basket Ball Get Your Groove Back"

2. "Numina O"

3. "This is God Speaking"

4. "Eaguru Guru"

5. "Snoopy Waves"

6. "Jagged Fruit"

7. "Family of Others"

Guest awkward

fuckign sweet! not heard yet but loved the last one. they playing here tonight but i dint get tickets in time. doubt theres any on the door but might try.

interestign how the lp has different tracklisting

Guest Alfred E. Neuman
Eaguru Guru

Yeah that was my favorite on first listening too. I also like 'Fresh Born' and 'My Purple Past'

Guest Alfred E. Neuman

Just bought the vinyl edition. It's pretty nice. And I like this tracklisting better than the CD.

This band has enormous potential (even though they've put out several LPs). In many ways the guitar work reminds of The Beatles...

Just bought the vinyl edition. It's pretty nice. And I like this tracklisting better than the CD.

This band has enormous potential (even though they've put out several LPs). In many ways the guitar work reminds of The Beatles...

They've put out three outstanding LPs already; Reveille, Apple O, and Friend Opportunity. To top the quality of these would be difficult, and I don't think Offend Maggie really touches the moments on these previously released albums. Plus, The Runners Four is another thoroughly (mostly) consistent album, and one of my favorites.

milkman, apple o, and reveille I played to death and loved....didn't like runners four or friend opportunity

maggie is bringing me back to my deerhoof love

edit: now i'm bummed i missed this show this weekend with okay

fuckign sweet! not heard yet but loved the last one. they playing here tonight but i dint get tickets in time. doubt theres any on the door but might try.

sometimes you gotta do TLs different on vinyl to account for timing and overall feel from side to side. but is interesting how different the orders are anyway

Guest awkward

sometimes you gotta do TLs different on vinyl to account for timing and overall feel from side to side. but is interesting how different the orders are anyway

yeah its wildly different. i would have thought the best idea would be to plan the TL based on the vinyl version then the cd just runs stragt through. maybe they just couldnt decide.

i still need to go buy offend maggie. i know if i download it i won't buy it so am resisting that urge

• 9 months later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i still need to go buy offend maggie. i know if i download it i won't buy it so am resisting that urge

finally bought it. first listen right now. its not as instantly likeable a FO. bought it at the show last night which was great. knew they'd be great live!

finally bought it. first listen right now. its not as instantly likeable a FO. bought it at the show last night which was great. knew they'd be great live!

Did she bring out her little dog toy? The last time I saw them she did the encore with a huge tiger head on.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

nope. she had a glow in the dark ball which she threw in the air and she stage dived and got carried around a half empty venue. shes great. my wife thinks i fancy her but shes missing the point

Archived