IGNORED

joaquin phoenix...rapper?

takeshi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah but it doesnt need to be a parody for the loser brother of a famous person to be "making a documentary" - that happens all the time.

Also, Joaquin PHOENIX parodying drug-fucked actors would be in somewhat...poor...taste...

imo casey affleck is far superior to ben affleck as an actor

No doubt about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest analogue wings

Apparently he's on Letterman tonight. Rumours of shenannigans during the taping.

This shoud establish once and for all if it's a lame trainwreck career move or an even lamer "ironic satire of the media"

Guest Sir Winston

Meh I will just carry on listening to Sole instead. Looks about the same but his beats are tighter, only because they aren't made by him in the first place.

......Andddddddd resume thread.

Guest assegai

just watched it, Joaquin stayed in character the entire time. Just answering questions with one word responses. The crowd and letterman took it as a joke but the interview just became more awkward as everyone went from "ha-ha" to "wtf is up with this guy". His hair/beard is alll grown out and he had sunglasses on and a suit.

he's trying to pull a borat/bruno style prank but it's just a total disaster and pretty embarrassing. then in a year he'll go 'i got you!' thinking he outsmarted everyone. just more lame hollywood bullshit

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

comparing sole and this guy is fucking harsh. on sole. hes been doing it so long and he has a sense of humour, great lyrics, flow style etc. i hope you were just comparing the beards

Guest Sir Winston

I was being sarcastic as someone said white guys can't rap, I think Selling Live Water is all shades of awesome. So yeah sorry my irony mask was not when it was meant to be.

Vanilla Ice sucks balls though.

Guest Sir Winston

I was being sarcastic as someone said white guys can't rap, I think Selling Live Water is all shades of awesome. So yeah sorry my irony mask was not when it was meant to be.

Vanilla Ice sucks balls though.

Guest hahathhat

i have to say, i have a hard time telling whether he's being serious or not, but i did find it entertaining. if hahathhat ever goes on teh letterman show, he will likely give an interview similar to this one.

the documentary thing does indicate it's probably a prank... but i'm not sure the prank is to convince people he's snapped (though it's part of it) -- i think perhaps it's a prank on hiphop. i mean, it'd make sense as a commentary about talentless hacks "rapping" and selling records purely based on image, reputation... and name.

p.s. since we're here --

am i a bad person for wanting a photo of myself posing in the gutter outside the viper room?

Archived