IGNORED

bad lieutenant

Guest Z_B_Z

But has anyone seen the earlier version (I think) of the film that had Schooly D on the soundtrack?

i heard about this. didnt they remove it because it was played during the rape scene or something?

Yeah, I think you may be right there.

It was played during the end credits and removed because of an uncleared Led Zeppelin sample...

Ah, right. I remember it sampled Kashmir. It definitely appeared during the actual film as well though.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

This film is absolutely fantastic, and I definetly don't agree with a remake starring Nicholas Cage, I'm not saying I don't like him, no ones gets to his status unless they have some acting credentials, but he's not the right man for the job.

The remake will be better than the original.

Zero doubt.

Werner Herzog >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Abel Ferera

btw lumpenprol, I almost walked out of Requiem for a Dream, too. I hated that movie.

• 4 months later...
Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Asked about the Herzog film at a Cannes 2008 press conference, Ferrara confided: "I wish these people die in hell. I hope they're all in the same streetcar, and it blows up."

Herzog's response: "Let him fight the windmills, like Don Quixote."

Guest Mr Salads

The remake will probably have little to even do with the original, I think purists have nothing to worry about

you absolutely are, sir

have you even seen the original? there's no way anyone could top keitels performance in that movie

It's not about topping. There's no fucking movie ladder.

It's a fucking Herzog movie.

ive got 20 bucks on a lower than 60% on rotten tomatoes

Yeah, probably.

you absolutely are, sir

have you even seen the original? there's no way anyone could top keitels performance in that movie

It's not about topping. There's no fucking movie ladder.

It's a fucking Herzog movie.

exactly! and yes, I have seen the original.

All I remember about seeing Bad Lieutenant was Harvey Keitel's wail at the end of the film when he realizes he's dead. And I think it was the edited version.

King of New York I love though. Anyone seen Ferrera's New Rose Hotel? It's based on a William Gibson short story and has Christopher Walken, Willem Dafoe and Asia Argento in it. It's so goddamn bad.

All I remember about seeing Bad Lieutenant was Harvey Keitel's wail at the end of the film when he realizes he's dead. And I think it was the edited version.

King of New York I love though. Anyone seen Ferrera's New Rose Hotel? It's based on a William Gibson short story and has Christopher Walken, Willem Dafoe and Asia Argento in it. It's so goddamn bad.

I actually own that piece of shit.

I actually own that piece of shit.

I got it at some bargain bin VHS sale. The sad thing is the short story is decent.

Archived