IGNORED

Inscribed Yamaha CS-5

Guest Lannerlog

Guest Lannerlog

Remember that CS-5 that sold a couple of years ago with the Selected Ambient Works 2 liner notes inscribed on the back? Could that be the ultimate AFX collectible? Who has it?

post-2450-1228540384_thumb.jpg

Guest Lannerlog

There was also that original DAT tape with Phlaps that sold on ebay a while back. I read that the same person bought it! Who is this person?! Some say it was Gianluigi Di Costanzo...

There was also that original DAT tape with Phlaps that sold on ebay a while back. I read that the same person bought it! Who is this person?! Some say it was Gianluigi Di Costanzo...

They have to be some of the most unique known AFX items sold as memorabilia

I do remember both of these... didn't the DAT tape sell through eBay espanol ?

heres the ad:

Absolutely a one-off original Caustic Window studio DAT.

The writing on it is Mr Aphex`s own and it says-

Artist: Caustic Window

Track: Phlaps

Recorded at Llannerlog Studio Summer 1990

Written and Phuqed by Richard D James

Licensed from Rephlex Records.

This is a monster of a track as you`d expect and a unique copy. Serious bidders only please.

Guest Bramsworth

So does the inscription on the CS-5 imply that the SAW2 was made on that synth, or is it still supposedly that Oberheim 1000 thing or whatever..

the cs5 was definitely used on saw2

iirc there's another, failed attempt at scratching the liner notes somewhere on the underside

definitely the ultimate afx collectible, at least til he pops his clogs and his gx1 gets put on ebay.

when orbital sold half their studio a big part of the appeal was that things like the chime and belfast patches were still present on the equipment. i wonder if this cs5 had any custom patches on it (if capable of such a thing, which is something i can't be bothered checking)?

Guest Lannerlog
I read that the same person bought it!

ive read a lot of things posted by silly men on forums myself.

Are you saying I'm a silly man?

Guest Lannerlog

Good! I like being silly! It's been a while since someone has called me silly.

I'm just having fun with you wankers! I want my CS-5 back!!!

i am

(a silly man)

Guest Lannerlog

I must be drunk! I should have never sold it to Peter! Let's quiz you a bit, mate. What did I etch along the edge? This is fun! Luke, come on, say something!!!

would you like me to clean up those chickenscratches on the bottom before i ship it back to you m8

Guest hahathhat

i actually saw some auction on vemia, but i think ive been using qtips too hard or something, i can't remember much other than that i saw it and that i couldn't afford it.

edit:

here we are

http://www.spheremusic.com/Bargaindtl.asp?Item=4856

As well as the main inscription, there is another little pic of a T shirt, the word 'Warp', and a false start on the main inscription, in the gulley at the back right of the bottom of the synth, which reads 'Written and prod '.

Guest Lannerlog

It's worthless! I didn't use it on shit! I was hoping someone here had it! Christmas present?! Luke!!!! Join in! I'm having fun with this!

i actually saw some auction on vemia, but i think ive been using qtips too hard or something, i can't remember much other than that i saw it and that i couldn't afford it.

It's worthless! I didn't use it on shit! I was hoping someone here had it! Christmas present?! Luke!!!! Join in! I'm having fun with this!

please give Richard his equipment back... :tongue2:

• 3 weeks later...

Its mentions Mammoth on the liner notes. I saw a message of richard's on the supercollider forum way back in '99 stating that Mammoth does his coding while he makes the music. Who is Mammoth? Cylob?

THat was a long time ago so Im sure things have changed.

That CS was sold via Peter Forest pforrest@vemia.co.uk via Vemia

Peter also was selling a GX1 at one stage but it was withdrawn from auction as the seller changed his mind

Link to database here

http://www.spheremusic.com/Auctionpastsale.asp

a search shows

Yamaha CS5 90 GBP Very good Uk 2006/11/11

Yamaha CS5 95 GBP Near good Uk 2006/11/11

Yamaha CS5 120 GBP Near mint Uk 2002/11/15

Yamaha Richard D James' CS5, inscribed 140 GBP Near good Uk 2006/03/18

David

http://www.myspace.com/jointhecarcrashset

Archived