IGNORED

Terminator Salvation

Squee

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this movie was unbelievably bad, i am sooo happy i did not pay to see it

please anyone curious PAY for drag me to hell, WALK INTO Terminator 4 after it's over. trust me you will see why very quickly why you should not pay for this

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headli...cameron_mcg.mp3

James Cameron makes fun of McG...

now that Cameron has probably had his eyeballs raped (not fucked) by T4 it's only natural he would unleash on the Charlie's Angels director

he hardly says anything about mcg...

He does so indirectly by saying that making a Terminator movie without Arnold is retarded... and the crowd goes wild.

Guest zaphod

well yeah, i know. but he's hardly "unleashing" on mcg. and i think a terminator movie without arnold is absolutely fine, i'm tired of the time travel concept as the foundation of the terminator movie. it's time to move on. it's just too bad they got mcg to continue to franchise.

Guest Gary C

Yeah, the CGI Arnie did look good. I assume there are little bits of footage from the first film in there somewhere.

But overall, it was very meh. Not that I expected a lot. 5/10

Also, the Sony Vaio advertisement made me cringe, but at least that was the only one I noticed.

Guest Gary C

After perusing the last few pages of this thread I'll reiterate a few points:

I was irked towards the end that yeah, for a Skynet complex it was very easy for humans to run around through corridors and use computer panels and shit. I would've expected the assembly line to have been an efficient close-quartered machine. Not a big room with stairways and shit.

Bonham Carter as Skynet sucked a bit. Generally that guys whole subplot was fucking shit. Is he a robot? No, well maybe? No. But have they been using him as a spy? Yes. Whatever, fuck off. If they'd managed to infiltrate the rebel-base(!), they should've just killed Connor then and there. Job done.

I didn't understand the fighter-jet scenes really. Couldn't grasp what was supposed to be happening.

Yeah, why were Skynet rounding-up humans then? They weren't even killing them, just moving them into some room...

Bale's gruff voice was as shit as ever. Plus his character lacked motivation, he hadn't particularly done anything to warrant this Messiah-tag. I also wondered why he doesn't just run into Skynet and blow the shit up himself. If he exists then he's destined to send his own father back in time, so he must be invincible until he does that, right? Uh.

Why did the gang that Kyle stumbles upon believe they'd be safe in a wooden shack in the middle of nowhere? And why was no-one looking out (or had even heard) the building sized robot that crashed through the roof?

Yes, how the fuck were they supposed to have transplated a robotic heart into John Connor when he was seemingly on his deathbed a minute earlier?

And yeah, the final fight scenes made no sense. Just a punch from a Terminator would've broken his face. Hollywood.

The more I think about it, yeah, it probably has ruined the idea of Terminator for me. The first two are amazing, classics, but I didn't really need to see this shit.

Also, where the fuck is a time machine going to come from? I safely assume they're making another, a 5th (probably a 6th?). They shouldn't try to explain time-travel... A race of robots is one thing, but time-travel?

i agree with everything you just said, for being a post apocalyptic film they had more fuel, jet planes, submarines(was i hallucinating that shit?) helicopters, clean clothing and general resources than any post apocalyptic landscape i've ever seen. I haven't felt this raped by a new sequel to a loved child-hood movie franchise since Phantom Menace

Guest Gary C

Am I wrong or did Skynet fire a shitload of nukes at the end of T3? Presumably Russia/China/whoever would have fired back and the Earth would be in a nuclear-winter. It was quite sunny.

Guest Gary C

Yep. 4:20 onwards. What a load of shit. Fuck this film, and the third too. I'd forgotten what a dweeb that Connor was.

Yep. 4:20 onwards. What a load of shit. Fuck this film, and the third too. I'd forgotten what a dweeb that Connor was.

not much more than a dweeb than eddie furlong though if you think about it , i actually like the actor who played conner in 3 (have you seen the movie Bully?), and maybe a cheeseball ending but it is somewhat ballsy to end a movie with nuclear winter, i gave them props for that . T4 did nothing that surprised me, it was like a paint by numbers fan fiction terminator movie, and yeah why the hell was it so sunny? The intro scene to T3 with the bombs dropping and all the t-800s dropping out of HKs i thought beat any single scene in Terminator 4. I know it's sad im here reveling in the goodness of T3, T4 was really that awful. And i guess for me the concept of Terminator 4 i was a lot more attached to, i wanted to see a future wars post judgement day movie done properly. T3 was easier for me to forgive because it was kind of just an excuse to get us to judgment day, a filler if you will.

Guest Pennywise

soon ghostbusters will be ruined too. we are running out of 80's and early 90's classics.

With all the crap reviews I found it surprisingly good. :huh:

They continued the Terminator story very well and had flavors of the past films without ripping them off like T3 or AVP2, the cinematography quite was original too. Some of the characters were a little OTT but Sam Worthington really stole the show from Bale, I thought the young Kyle Reece was well cast too.

Not the same ole shit and what T3 should have been.

as enjoyable as the new Star Trek for me.

Anyone think Reece's little friend is the woman who get shot in his flashbacks in the first film?

new predator movie is on the horizon

it would be hard to ruin the image of the predator franchise, as it has always been cheese.

fucking t3 and the new one sucked so fucking much. i hadn't planned on watching the third one until i read awepittance sucking its dick here so i downloaded it. fucking waste of time, who would greenlight another movie in this franchise after t3? whatever, its fucking shit and the time travel bullshit never made sense in the first place.

i got a kick out of the fact that the whole movie it looked like arnie was beating the shit out of some lady. plus he got driven through a building. he also got shot in the face

i enjoyed it.

Guest zaphod

yeah i actually liked most of t3. i never got the hate for that. also i just watched terminator again. you wanna talk cheese, fucking rewatch that shit. it's atmospheric or whatever, but holy shit what a b-movie.

Guest Pennywise
yeah i actually liked most of t3. i never got the hate for that. also i just watched terminator again. you wanna talk cheese, fucking rewatch that shit. it's atmospheric or whatever, but holy shit what a b-movie.

you fucking suck

Archived