IGNORED

Cubus - Iso's Dream

Guest JOSEF

Guest Josefmcb

i haven't been able to make the time for music in the last many months, so even though this track isn't exactly epic i'm still chuffed! :)

Cubus - Iso's Dream

i'm not too sure about the beat, and i just noticed the ride cymbal's a bit too loud..

...any comments much appreciated! Cheers! :)

btw our last live set is available at www.ilovecubus.co.uk

Awesomo man. Is the start influenced by the MSN jam session we did yersturns :) The main sample thing is Isoba based yeah (hmm maybe I don't mean Isoba) ? But yeah man that bethe top king tennis appreciation fund. Well done man

I missed all yo' tracks a la Summer. Here marks the start of the cubus return possibly after the rather quiet middle part of the year ? Catch you later man (nacho)

Pete..

Guest Josefmcb

cheers, earvalve. let us know what you think when u've had a proper listen..!

pete, i didn't do no tracks in the summer other than 'city' and 'mr giolini's colourful clockwork sofa' or whatever it was called, on account of i was in guatemala and then slaving away for the rest of it innit...(wait..maybe that's what u meant....?)

(and yeah there's a few samples from the MSN jam, namely the isoba one, the horn-type-thing that pitch-bends and some sorta percussive bits that sound like a duck or a frog or something)

Guest Max Marlow

there was one small moment i was unsure... that was when the deep piano sounds came in... i was unsure where you going at, and also the deepness was quite unexpected, but in fact its very crystal sound. did you record the piano yourself ?

great! awesome intrack development. nodding rhythm, variation of frequencies... main idea & heart, blending structure. i'd say this is the best stuff i heard from you so far.

ps: do you have comparable material ? pm me bout that plz-

max

retropublik

Guest Josefmcb
there was one small moment i was unsure... that was when the deep piano sounds came in... i was unsure where you going at, and also the deepness was quite unexpected, but in fact its very crystal sound. did you record the piano yourself ?

ps: do you have comparable material ? pm me bout that plz-

cheers max.....

i'm not entirely sure what piano you're referring to (as there are no pianos involved!) but i'm guessing you mean the simple bass note at the start of the phrase- that's actually a glockenspiel re-pitched way down.

and yeah i recorded it all myself as far as i know. i try to record stuff myself as much as possible. i don't get much satisfaction from using other peoples' loops either, but i do use instrument&drum single-note samples..

trying to think of comparable material...the most recent tracks which are comparable are 'city' (only available on the live set at www.ilovecubus.co.uk (it's all one track tho i'm afraid), though this has a fairly different vibe to it...apart from that maybe 'chas sleeps' off the album 'pathogenesis' (also available on our website) but then i only say that because this track has a similar beat, and the same drum set..!

Guest Chimp Logic

F*ck yeah. This is lovely. Fantastic atmo going on here.

When that opening detuned glock note drops...WARM. Love it.

At times there was a great 'Bladrunner-eque' vibe happening but then you introduce these nice ployrhytmic layers and it takes it somewhere else.

Really great track. Nothing sounded too loud or off at all in my cans or through my monitors. Very balanced. More please? :)

Thanks for sharing!

Peace

Guest yan_g of course!

IRAIL (i review as i listen)

starts pretty well, nice ambience(?), makes the expectations high for the track ;)

i like the sounds a lot, a bit disappointed by the beat :(

like the percussive sounds around 4:00 but it calms when i expect things to get more intense :/ i don't dig the way the track is structured. i like when all the elements come back.

i guess not a track for me or maybe i should give it more listens and get used to the way it works. it *sounds* good anyway, quiet but active.

hope my review is not too useless :P

edit: actually listening for the 3rd time in a row while instant messaging and i quite like having it as a soundtrack for my discussion :) thx

peeeeeeaceful.

really dug this - the awkward loop of the thumb piano, the lovely build of the break. it's a really lovely tune to start a day with.

edit

btw did you know cubus is a budget clothes shop in norway (like a norsk primark)? i'm guessing not... ;)

Guest Josefmcb
edit

btw did you know cubus is a budget clothes shop in norway (like a norsk primark)? i'm guessing not... ;)

um.. yeah we actually own that store and were branching out into music now that we've conquered the clothing market.

thanks for mentioning it wasps... i guess it's the equivalent of being called 'primark' here in the uk (wouldn't be so bad...(??)) :undecided:

and thanks everyone for the comments

edit

i guess it's the equivalent of being called 'primark' here in the uk (wouldn't be so bad...(??)) :undecided:

:D i reckon primark would be pretty good as an artist name, actually. as long as the beats came heavily ironic, like... ;)

This is really really really cool!

Very nice textures.... this is a very unique style and sound. I reackon it has a sort of world music vibe to it... like... it makes me picture old temples in jungles and stuff like that... which is refreshing for electronic music.

very sweet track, listening to it on repeat. All the repeating, fluttering, panning notes have an unsettling effect on headphones, sort of like Drane from Autechre's first peel session. But the track is ultimately warmer and more peaceful. Nice and hypnotic.

Guest Max Marlow

Finally we managed to give this wonderful piece a home. You can now find this great art under the catalogue of retropublik.

Cubus is RETEU009

cubus_-_masumoto_city_large.jpg

001 : iso's dream

002 : tainted

003 : city

you should definately check the other tracks also.

[downloads here]

thanks Cubus says

Max

Archived