IGNORED

Battlestar Season 4.5

hayhook

what i really want to know is what did balthar whisper to gaeta

i am not sure, but i think it was revealed in the webisodes that came just before s4 continued. haven't seen them tho.

edit: synopsis of the webisodes

Set nine days after episode 10 of the fourth season, Galactica and the fleet are back in space. Lt. Gaeta is on a Raptor with two Cylon number Eights and three other humans. The fleet jumps, and Gaeta's Raptor has a computer error and jumps to the wrong place, and cannot find their way back. They hope that Galactica will find them before they run out of oxygen in a few hours.

Back on Galactica, Lt. Hoshi and Racetrack take another Raptor to search for Gaeta. Hoshi is worried, since he and Gaeta are in a romantic relationship.

Months ago during the Cylon occupation of New Caprica, Gaeta had worked with one of the Eights who is now on his Raptor. He gave her the names of important members of the resistance, and she helped get them out of the Cylon jail, although some of them died before she was able to rescue them. They were in a romantic relationship at the time.

People aboard Gaeta's Raptor begin to die under mysterious circumstances. They suspect the Eight who worked with Gaeta on New Caprica, but they are not certain. Eventually the Eight kills everyone other than herself and Gaeta. He is angry with her, but she says that she did it for them because they needed the oxygen. He is still angry, and she argues that he needs to realize that people kill when it makes sense to do so. She also mentions that back on New Caprica, she was actually killing most of the people he asked her to save, since they were the most important members of the resistance.

The Eight further implies that on some level, Gaeta knew what was going on, and is thus even more guilty of aiding the Cylons in their occupation than was Gaius Baltar. In a flashback, we then see that it was Baltar's threat to reveal Gaeta's role in the executions that caused him to try to kill Baltar in his cell in the episode "Taking a Break from All Your Worries". Gaeta becomes so enraged that he kills the Eight, leaving him as the sole survivor aboard the Raptor.

At the end of the episodes Gaeta is rescued, and declares that the humans should end their alliance with the Cylons. On his way back to his quarters, Gaeta tells Lt. Hoshi, "You found me and you saved me, so I'll protect you. And if I'm wrong, then you have a bright future, Louis. But keep your head down."

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest catsonearth

what baltar said to gaeta:

basically "i know that you were banging an 8 back on new caprica, when you were basically my vice pres and you gave her a list of people that all turned up dead". that's not literally what he said, but that's what he meant by it. it's basically what you learn from watching the webisodes. and that gaeta's going to be joining up with zarek and going totally anti-cylon sometime in the near future, i'm guessing. that's what all the soundbites on the previews of baltar saying "i want this to stop, this is madness". he's trying to get gaeta to back down.

Guest analogue wings
not much happened, but it did setup things for the future. wonder if adama is the dying leader in the prophecies, cuz he didn't look to well in this episode, but then again maybe he was hungover.

i think he was just supposed to be hungover/depressed/stressed. he read that poem about pain and suffering etc.

who is the dr's assistant with the (british? australian?) accent? has she been in the show before?

looking like she be cooking up baby snuff ideas...

holy toledo what an episode.

my stomach is in knots.

to be continued...

grrrrr

how about that scene in the hangar when starbuck shows up guns blazing.

AWESOME!

can't wait for gaeta to get it right between the eyes....

Guest tv_party

fuckin a I was dubious about the last show they cut off with but goddam lately I'm on the edge of my seat. I was sceptical that they could rescue the bob dylan infused corner that they ran into but cheers to good writing and god bless fuckin richard hatch. I'm a fan from the original series and they do that one a credit plus his endorsement as a castmember means a lot to me. a case of the cover exceeding the original. truly. cheers fuckers.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

yeah, the all along the watcher tower stuff was super homosexual, especially when they started to speak the lyrics, as though they contained some kind of ancient wisdom. so, was dylan a cylon? whoever put that into the script needs drowning.

yeah, the all along the watcher tower stuff was super homosexual, especially when they started to speak the lyrics, as though they contained some kind of ancient wisdom. so, was dylan a cylon? whoever put that into the script needs drowning.

When they were on earth sam (after picking up a broken guitar) remembered playing that song on earth 3000 years or whatever before, and tory remembered too. was also quite a cheesy moment. Chief bought an avocado. but yea, it wasn't supposed to be some kind of ancient wisdom. it must have happened because they were near earth.

Guest analogue wings

Good shit, but they seemed to have wrapped up the whole civil war plot after only 2 episodes.

Um.

So now what?

They're aimlessly looking for a planet.

With 6 episiodes left.

WTF is driving the plot right now?

Also, wtf did the chief see that freaked him out? Stains?

Guest catsonearth
Good shit, but they seemed to have wrapped up the whole civil war plot after only 2 episodes.

Um.

So now what?

They're aimlessly looking for a planet.

With 6 episiodes left.

WTF is driving the plot right now?

Also, wtf did the chief see that freaked him out? Stains?

looks like a giant rip in the structure of the ship. in one of the "youwillknowthetruth.com" clues, there's a scene where adama sees the same kind of rip in his quarters (probably from the next ep). 4-5 years without dry docking for repairs on an already outdated ship that was about to be retired and has since taken countless nuke hits...methinks galactica is going to literally tear itself in two! insanity!

as for what's driving the plot now - i think part of it will be dealing with the fallout of the coup (remember zarek executed the entire quorum of 12), upgrading the ships to look for a new planet, roslin will probably die, lee will take his place as the head of the govt., saul will reunite with ellen, the final 5 will remember what their purpose is, at some point cavil's cylons will show up and there will be an epic battle, everyone will die except for baltar, hera and maybe a very few others who will go on to create the next generation and perhaps we'll see what, if anything, is driving all this madness to its inevitable end (who is head 6, who were the gods of kobol, who was the jealous god that the 13th tribe worshiped as the one true god, what exists between life and death, how did starbuck come back, etc.). so, still lots more to deal with. next episode should be a doozy.

Archived