IGNORED

Battlestar Season 4.5

hayhook

the show had one good thing going for it though: the adama drinking game. every time he breaks a mirror or shaves, do a shot. if he sort of falls down against a wall crying, you have to chug a beer, and if there's a visible line of "the drool of overacting" coming from some orifice, kill yourself.

that's a lol right there

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BSG reminds me of M*A*S*H in that by the end the actors had well and truly taken over the show and giving the characters "moments" had precedence over everything else (plot, themes, fun, etc)

how-to-fix-popped-nails-1.jpg

the show had one good thing going for it though: the adama drinking game. every time he breaks a mirror or shaves, do a shot. if he sort of falls down against a wall crying, you have to chug a beer, and if there's a visible line of "the drool of overacting" coming from some orifice, kill yourself.

that's a lol right there

Everytime i hear his name or see his face i always inevitably think of this scene out of the movie Happiness

'something something something'

To me the show was never thaaaaat good, it had some good elements holding it together like the overall plot and acting and stuff. It had some brilliant and moving episodes per season but the rest was like trying to be alias in space or something which was a complete turnoff sometimes. I also don't get how is it possible that they had to cut some important stuff in the end, when pretty much the last 3 or 4 episodes leading to the finale, were a complete bore and waste of time, in fact maybe the whole 4.5 was a a waste, the coup thing was well done and fun and all but unnecessary at the end, it's like they were just trying to kill characters so they didn't have to deal with them in the epilogue.

so i guess moore never planned a decent ending, even before the writer's strike, it was some vague bullshit that couldn't tie up all the loose metaphysical ends:

http://io9.com/5180872/the-battlestar-gala...e-you-didnt-see

I rethought about it and thought, "That's not going to do it. It's not epic enough. It's not interesting enough."

he said the same thing about the season 3 finale (not epic enough). apparently it was just going to be the Baltar trial.

unfortunately i decided to start doing the fanboy thing before the final and i watched "the last frakkin special". moore talking about the selection of the last 5 was a bit disturbing (but obvious, i just didn't enjoy knowing that really is how tv works). it wouldn't matter if i didn't know, though. the worst thing about watching the special was that i then knew what Moore looks like, so i was aware of that disgusting cameo right before the end.

anyone lol real hard when Adama puked? I'd like to see a Ytmnd or youtube clip of that. Also, when Colonel Tigh was screaming "YEEAAAAAAAAAAH!" in the strip club. wtf?

anyhow, the gunship battle was fucking dope, and it more or less ended how I expected it to. Would have preferred them to lord over the primitives and show technology being used to make pyramids etc. sort of gay i know, but I didn't like how it ended up in modern day NYC. pretty tarded if you ask me.

edit for spoilers.

unfortunately i decided to start doing the fanboy thing before the final and i watched "the last frakkin special". moore talking about the selection of the last 5 was a bit disturbing (but obvious, i just didn't enjoy knowing that really is how tv works). it wouldn't matter if i didn't know, though. the worst thing about watching the special was that i then knew what Moore looks like, so i was aware of that disgusting cameo right before the end.

yeah, my respect for the show went way down when i saw an interview with moore ... he's like a retarded version of george lucas, complete with quasi-mullet

• 4 months later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

my eyes made a little water at the end of the 3 hour finale. damn you bear with your soppy music!

it dipped in quality the last few season but they tidied it up and put it away in the finale.

i liked the ending. up to the point they jumped 150,000 years ahead. no point to that at all. would have prefered to leave them living in huts etc and let us imagine how they evolved. plus the cameo was bad. plus the spreading out on earth 2 was silly.

how can anyone say tigh is a bad actor? hes holding the show together. "gods dammit", "where's the frakin booze" etc.

now i can read mbs and battlewiki without seeing spoilers

overall i didnt like the "final five" idea. hated the way they were awaken with that awful music and lyric speaking.

and i hated what they did with baltar. my favorite character until he became president and then they didnt know what to do with him it seems. the cult was bullshit. i wish they had had him killed really. i would have hated it at the time but lookign back now he was nothing after that moment. his part of the opera house/hera prophecy was bullshit. he was just there. just there.

tory getting her neck snapped was pure fucking bliss

i'm serious i think hes the patrick stewart of BSG. some shakespearian type shit. i cringe at lee adama mostly

yea that was surprisingly pleasant.

i called him ziggy the entire series as I can't remember his characters name from quantum leap but i remember him always saying "ziggy".

al right. i'm gonna go back and watch some old quantum leap, used to love, haven't seen in years. and watch the BSG miniseries again soon.

one lol from the finale was the chief/kalley flashback where they both looked completely different to how they actually looked in the season 1. kalley was weird looking back then and cheif was thin.

Guest analogue wings

so they are making a battlestar movie which has no connection to the tv show that only just finished

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42060

Earlier this week, we heard rumblings that Bryan Singer may be closing in on a deal to direct a BATTLESTAR GALACTICA feature film.

This would not be an adaptation of the recently concluded SyFy series, but an alternate interpretation of Glen A. Larson's source material.

Archived