IGNORED

Battlestar Season 4.5

hayhook

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest catsonearth

hellllls yea. i don't really care too much about who the 5th is...obviously it's going to be

ellen tigh

but i am psyched to see what's going on in other respects. who the final 5 really are, what happened on earth, what really happened on kobol, what are the "head" characters really, how did starbuck come back, etc. i have my ideas, but it'll be nice to finally know for sure.

hellllls yea. i don't really care too much about who the 5th is...

but i am psyched to see what's going on in other respects. who the final 5 really are, what happened on earth, what really happened on kobol, what are the "head" characters really, how did starbuck come back, etc. i have my ideas, but it'll be nice to finally know for sure.

yea.

Guest analogue wings

my nerdy theory:

"All this has happened before" means that the "humans" are artifical as well, and the people manipulating everything behind the scenes (i.e. Earth people) are THEIR creators. This would explain how non-cylons are able to do things like resurrect and share visions. And maybe the final 5 aren't cylons at all, they're just humans who've had their switches flipped.

Guest catsonearth
my nerdy theory:

"All this has happened before" means that the "humans" are artifical as well, and the people manipulating everything behind the scenes (i.e. Earth people) are THEIR creators. This would explain how non-cylons are able to do things like resurrect and share visions. And maybe the final 5 aren't cylons at all, they're just humans who've had their switches flipped.

this is pretty similar to what i think. there's a cycle of life going on and nobody currently, "human" or cylon, is truly human. i imagine the true humans probably died out long, long ago on earth, the cylons that they created fled to kobol, which became their home, they were so close to human (like the skin jobs) that they essentially became human when they were able to reproduce naturally and then progressed to the point where they were able to create artificial lifeforms (cylons) again, those lifeforms then rebelled just as their creators had once, fled to create the 12 colonies, where they lived on as humans until they progressed to the point they created life, etc. the coming together of one species with the other is what creates the next generation. so in the current story you have the cylons trying to reproduce naturally with humans and the result (hera, possibly nicky and tigh's new lovechild) is the "face of things to come" or whatever, meaning they will become the new "humanity" that will eventually continue the cycle by creating artificial life, etc.

but i think the way "humans" are able to have these visions and shared visions is an example of this. in the pilot for "caprica" they introduce something daniel greystone (the creator of the cylons in the colonies) invented called a holoband, which is like photorealistic virtual reality, kinda like the holodeck on star trek. my theory is, if all the humans are actually perfected cylons that are indistinguishable from real humans much like the skinjobs are, then they still possess some of that bio-mechanical engineering within them and whoever is responsible for the visions has found some way to patch into that part of their brain and transport whatever virtual construct they wish the person to see straight into their brain and it would appear to be completely real in front of them.

i also have a theory about the gods and the one true god. i don't think there are real gods in the BSG universe, rather the god/gods they worship are in fact the "humans" that created them. the colonial cylons were created by daniel greystone (one man) and there are many rumors out there that the hybrid aboard the old school cylon basestar in "razor" is in fact daniel greystone himself. that hybrid says specifically "my children believe i am god". the 12 lords of kobol, if the humans truly are cylons themselves, could be the 12 scientists that created their brand of cylon much like greystone is to the new cylons. not really important to the story (unless the old hybrid comes back or something), but interesting to think about.

but i also think there is something else going on...perhaps another dimension or reality...something like that. this reality can only be reached when you die (an afterlife, in a way, but not necessarily in a religious sense). cylons, as they were before "the hub" could not reach this afterlife because they couldn't die. as leoben has said, he "swims in the stream, but the current never takes him down". streams, rivers, bodies of water are a reoccurring theme associated with death in the series. this brings a new meaning to starbuck being the "harbinger of death", since it was her actions that resulted in the destroying of the resurrection hub, giving the cylons the ability to die. the "first article of faith" or whatever it's called is "this is not all that we are" and i believe that will come into play just as much as the more often cited "all of this has happened before" line by the end. i think at least some of the ending will deal with what happens after death.

catsonearth and analogue wings pretty much nailed it with the 13th tribe. but who knows if the fifth

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

really is ellen, could be a red herring

. otherwise a strong opener, imo. very dark and didn't really see that one death coming. can't wait til next episode.

nah, don't think dualla is a cylon. she just had nothing to live for anymore. all her family died in a nuclear holocaust. billy got killed, a failed marriage with lee and now the only hope she had left, finding earth, and it turns out it's destroyed. the jacks and locket just reminded her that other people had also suffered the same fate as her people.

I think it is going to say that all humans are cylons... tighs wife was shown, to throw us off, but we already know kara is the "5th" for a fact. Much like COE's theory... everyone is somehow a cylon... circle of life, rebirth, etc yeah

Guest analogue wings

Just watched for the first time and I'm confused as hell

My "theory" isnt proven yet, but we did see proof that Starbuck, a non-cylon (as tested repeatedly) has resurrected

Also, the final 4 were presumably all tested and passed as "human", now their tests show all the skeletons on Earth are "cylon". If they were all final four style cylons, they wouldnt have a test, would they?

the final four can fool the cylon test, but they are resurrected from cylons who couldnt??

isnt the Caprica spin-off going to show us the cylons being invented like 50 years ago?

sooo... why did no one bat an eylid when they came up with the hypothesis that Earth was settled by cylons THREE THOUSAND years ago??

how do you know Caprica will be about that? this stuff makes it seem like it might be more interesting

i wonder why people (in the series) didn't decide to ignore baltar's tests (which he lied about the results of) when they found out sharon was a cylon etc.

Also, the final 4 were presumably all tested and passed as "human", now their tests show all the skeletons on Earth are "cylon". If they were all final four style cylons, they wouldnt have a test, would they?

but i don't remember that so maybe i'm forgetting shit

i think it's way too early to draw any conclusions about how things are after just this episode. hopefully they'll be able to tie up all the loose ends and answer all the questions within the season and the movie.

Guest inteeliguntdesign
I'm thinking Caprica might have a big reveal of "proto cylons" secretly manipulating the creation of the regular cylons 50 years ago.

I'm also thinking that big reveal has been prettty much spoiled now

agreed about the manipulation part. there's probably something about them manipulation the humans, or whatever the fuck they are now, too.

Guest catsonearth
I think it is going to say that all humans are cylons... tighs wife was shown, to throw us off, but we already know kara is the "5th" for a fact. Much like COE's theory... everyone is somehow a cylon... circle of life, rebirth, etc yeah

i don't think kara is the 5th. ellen is definitely the 5th. something different happened to starbuck because she didn't just "resurrect" or anything like that - whatever happened to her, it not only duplicated her viper, but also her body exactly, down to the clothes she was wearing and her dog tags/wedding ring chain (which she returned with at the beginning of s4). my theory is a bit out there, but totally supported by evidence within the show. starbuck is just starbuck, she's dead on earth and living in the fleet simultaneously. how? when she went through that swirly eye of jupiter looking thing, she died, but when you die in the galactica universe, you don't really die, you go to another reality, you suddenly exist on another plane of existence. perhaps she actually saw a living earth, visited it, but in the other reality where it is not all nuked up. someone/something simply plopped her from that death reality back into the other one. it's the only way to explain how she is an exact copy of the other starbuck, clothes, accessories, ship and all without going into super convoluted technobabble explanations.

the final four can fool the cylon test, but they are resurrected from cylons who couldnt??

isnt the Caprica spin-off going to show us the cylons being invented like 50 years ago?

sooo... why did no one bat an eylid when they came up with the hypothesis that Earth was settled by cylons THREE THOUSAND years ago??

...i think you're misunderstanding. the final 5 are not of the same batch of cylons as the new skinjobs. think of "cylon" as just a generic term meaning "cybernetic lifeform". thousands of years ago on kobol, those humans (whether they really were true humans or not remains to be seen) created their own cylons. those cylons went on to populate earth while the 12 tribes populated the colonies. the final 5 come from those earth cylons, far predating the 7 new skinjobs. somebody did bat an eyelid...roslin, she was devastated by that news because it totally fucked with the faith she believed for so long...up until then they'd assumed that the cylons they'd created were the first ever made.

we have to assume that whatever the test was that they ran on the bones (which sounded like they were run using cylon technology, not human) was not the same test baltar ran on the blood samples back on galactica. also, baltar's test can't really be trusted because we know he didn't actually tell the truth about who was and wasn't cylon. it's hard to say that if the final 5's bones were examined if they'd read as cylon or not. we don't know the differences between the earth cylons and the new cylons.

Guest analogue wings

I think it was confusing because they went straight from hypothesising that the 13th tribe created artificial life , to using "Cylon" as a generic term for all artificial life.

Cylon is a word they made up to describe their own artificial life. So when they said "all the skeletons are Cylon", it was pretty wtf. Just a lazy shortcut, but a confusing one.

Archived