IGNORED

Reverse Strings in Reason

Guest tbio2007

Guest tbio2007

Years ago when I used FL studio, it was dead easy to do this, can anyone tell us how to do it in Reason? With any of the synths/samplers?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I think I was reading of a way you can revere a wav from one of the sampler units.. but im not sure

when I want to reverse something so far ive had to actually flip the programming backwards manually, export the loop in soundforge or cubase and then bring it back into reason using the redrum. I guess from what ive seen its smarter to use the nn-xt or the nn19 or whatevs for wavs though

search for the knob that reverses stuff using those two seeing-bulbs positioned in the middle of that blob above your shoulders (y'know, the ones that make you see pretty shapes and colours), then twist it to reverse.

The NN-XT has a series of knobs at the bottom of the screen, and above one of them, there are the letters "FWD".  Turn the knob all the way to the right and the letters "BKWD" should show.  This knob has a series of settings, such as forward-loop, forward-sustain, and forward-backward, in between those two extremes.

Me gusta mucho NN-XT.

Wait, why do you want to reverse strings?!

reverse sounds cool on ANYTHING, I've refused to listen to an album played forward for over 33 years.

Yeah, strings aren't that much fun backwards.

But Rex guitar loops, those can be LOADS of fun when loaded into an NN-XT.

you can do a lot more by reversing that kinda shit in a DAW like cubase

I get really creative with reversing guitar and layering a symphony of git fiddle delight. couldnt really some of the editing and reverse experimentation in reason you can in a multitracker

I never really played a song backwards. I imagine hearing the reversed snares on tracks suddenly sound like normal snares is pretty amazing (the opposite goes for the normal snares of course, and this wasn't really meant as sarcasm)

i dunno, some serious fail contained in this thread: you and blanket fort collapse talking about reversing things in reason

BFC: whats your beef with reversing in reason?

beneboi: lol none

beneboi: i was just giving you shit

BFC: were you trying to say there was another way?

BFC: or just saying reversing is dumb?? because reversing can be a really tasteful technique sometimes

beneboi: neither

BFC: thanks for your input of NOTHING into a mediocre thread and then complaining its the worst thread ever

BFC: your either apart of the solution OR THE PROBLEM

Archived