IGNORED

you guys told me "Arrested Development" was awesome

kokoon

watmm... what the fuck?

i just watched the first 5 episodes... is there something wrong with me? or this maybe even isn't supposed to be funny? i got TWO lols in those 5 episodes. TWO. and don't ask me what they were, cause i forgot.

watmm, please explain.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

Not funny? NOT FUNNY, what are you talking about? That programme is hilarious, maybe you just happen to catch the five shittest episodes.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

hey not everyone can find the same things amusing. personally everytime david cross is on screen this show is gold.

i really didn't mean to offend anybody...

i guess it's just not my type of humor. and not my girlfriend's type either. she got zero lols, then fell asleep during the ep05.

it got me thinking. the comedy i'm really enjoying at the moment is "trailer park boys". but i guess it's really completely different type of comedy. is there anybody out there that think both are good comedy?

it got me thinking. the comedy i'm really enjoying at the moment is "trailer park boys". but i guess it's really completely different type of comedy. is there anybody out there that think both are good comedy?

Yes, these are two of my favorite comedy series, for reals. But they are completely different types of humor.

In my opinion you should stick with AD, it took a while to grow on me and I liked the second season better than the first. However, if you've only gotten two laughs out of five episodes, maybe it's just not for you.

hmm. i know it's really inappropriate to discuss such things, but could someone try to explain what they find funny in arrested development? like, what kind of situations/gags... maybe i'm just missing it?

i can think of 2 LOLs in the first 5 minutes or so of the first episode and ive watched it once

the maybe/Maeby cheap gag

when Jason asks George-Michael what the most important thing is, and he says breakfast - their awkward father/son relationship is amusing

hmm. i know it's really inappropriate to discuss such things, but could someone try to explain what they find funny in arrested development? like, what kind of situations/gags... maybe i'm just missing it?

Pretty much anything GOB says or does.

"Look at banner Michael!"

Guest Al Hounos

it's only MY FAVORITE TV SHOW OF ALL TIME! :beer:

they are totally different but i love both.

also, on AD, the mother is hilarious. and a lot of what she says is mumbled/subtle so you have to pay attention.

wow...

actually... i was hoping that some things other than the "obvious" ones were supposed to be funny. too bad.

again, i don't wanna insult anybody, but i get more lols out of gilmore girls.

or maybe i just shouldn't watch these when i have the flu.

This just makes me want to puke all over your head, sir.

I think a lot of the humor comes from understanding the characters, their personalities and exploits. Once you have a feel for each character's role, the show becomes a juggernaut. It took me about five episodes too. (but i loled WAY more than 2 times)

Take some time with it. Give it a chance to tell the bard's tale.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
i really didn't mean to offend anybody...

i guess it's just not my type of humor. and not my girlfriend's type either. she got zero lols, then fell asleep during the ep05.

I like both.

you watch gilmore girls

no, i most definitely do not. i just happened to catch the last few minutes of an episode today. i thought it was really really really bad, especially the humor.

i do watch desperate housewives though :)

guys, please don't get personal. it's about a tv series. i love you all. i'm just saying i didn't like arrested development.

CAUSE IT'S CRAP!

Guest abusivegeorge
you watch gilmore girls

no, i most definitely do not. i just happened to catch the last few minutes of an episode today. i thought it was really really really bad, especially the humor.

i do watch desperate housewives though :)

guys, please don't get personal. it's about a tv series. i love you all. i'm just saying i didn't like arrested development.

CAUSE IT'S CRAP!

Fair do's and desperate housewives if like MILF village, I watch that too.

Try watching it when you haven't got the flu, it's hard to laugh when you have flu.

Guest assegai

Pineapple express was meh.

Arrested Development is pure win and has an astounding amount of replay value.

Stick with it.

C'MON!!

Archived