IGNORED

you guys told me "Arrested Development" was awesome

kokoon

heh .. this thread has made me dislike arresteed development more than i already had thought that i would ..

the clips are lame .. it's not funny .. i don't have to rewatch things to get them if they don't work on the first time round it's cause they aren't funny .. perhaps they work for mediocre brains that need something that appears to suggest that it's alternative .. with some 'zany' stuff going on (but no real meat or sparks of 'wow where'd that come from' or 'oh i didn't see that comming' or 'goodness that's insiteful' in the writing) ... kinda like how people that laude little britain as classic .. but never got nor were into the league of gentlemen ..

back to arrested dev.... friend of mine last year (or somewhere back in time) wanted to buy me a dvd of the first series he was so sure that the show rocked ... when we were in a store ... he went up to the counter despite my protestations .. completely unable to fathom my objects of 'i don't like US sitcoms, i'm sorry, they always let me down, especially the ones that are soo into themselves' .. in the end i made him get his money back .. after stopping him at the door ... i was so insistant that i didn't need to watch what would most likely be dross (you never know .. i could be wrong .. never having watched it .. heh ... but still i know my tastes and preferences by now .. just the smell of a series is enough to tell me where it's at) ....

I found it entertaining if not side-splitting *shrug*

sitcoms suck in general. arrested development doesn't have a laugh track, though, so that's worth a couple points.

yep .. more need to do that .. but won't it's a tried and tested formula yeah ... like sugar in coke ..

maybe you should just stick with gilmore girls and desperate housewives

chill out ... we all know they big budget suck ..

watmm... what the fuck?

i just watched the first 5 episodes... is there something wrong with me? or this maybe even isn't supposed to be funny? i got TWO lols in those 5 episodes. TWO. and don't ask me what they were, cause i forgot.

watmm, please explain.

the writing in AD is not only hilarious, it's smart as well. Kokoon, i would give it some more time to get to know the characters then go back and rewatch it from the start once you're realizing how funny everything is. almost everything is perfect from camarawork to lines to delivery to props to character development.

it shouldnt take any time to get into, if you dont immediately find arrested development funny you are a fucking humorless faggot and should probably go ahead and kill yourself.

just saying.

again with this bS ... you just have to face that the limited scope available to your tiny mind can't fathom why we're unimpressed by this maggotized dross ..

if you wanna go the painful route to insult land ..

heh ;-] :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge
heh ... so you guys can continue on your path to self immolation unhindered by the enlightened ..

Shit, he's got us.

again with this bS ... you just have to face that the limited scope available to your tiny mind can't fathom why we're unimpressed by this maggotized dross ..

if you wanna go the painful route to insult land ..

heh ;-] :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

oh damn, your sense of humor is so sophisticated. now i feel stupid that i watch this show, because you're so smart and you say that it's beneath you. i'm crushed, really. let me go burn all my dvds. then i'll sit and watch some high comedy, like keeping up appearances, yeah, that's it. because all american things are trash, yup yup.

you insult my standing as your better by by suggesting i watch something that is lame like abfab .. it might make you feel better to believe this yes .. so go ahead ... rot in your own prefab house of cards ..

:embrassed:

and the free world has guns ... pity they're spending all their time writing insults on a msgboard to poor old kokoon instead .. and in so doing .. getting dleetrs back up given their unnecessarily vile retardedness ...

the post delet made was just stupid

i can understand disliking the show but you're being a complete dick.

jesus.

did you read what was being said to kokoon .. what goes around comes around slutfingers .. or maybe you only just checked into the thread .. ?? ..meh ... plus any attempt on my part to be ironic was completely missed yeah ... further illustrating my point about yollziz mental faculties .. hah ..

I haven't seen any of this yet but have had it recommended to me by those whose opinions I value so I'm going to get around to it soon. It seems those in this thread who don't like the show haven't been able to articulate their criticism beyond a vague meh which in the light of enthusiasm of the other posters indicates more of a lack of comprehension than any objection to the style of humor.

i really didn't mean to offend anybody...

i guess it's just not my type of humor. and not my girlfriend's type either. she got zero lols, then fell asleep during the ep05.

it got me thinking. the comedy i'm really enjoying at the moment is "trailer park boys". but i guess it's really completely different type of comedy. is there anybody out there that think both are good comedy?

sounds like you're more of the Urkel type haha, or maybe you'd enjoy The Parkers. lots of bad slapstick and bad hair.

jesus.

did you read what was being said to kokoon .. what goes around comes around slutfingers .. or maybe you only just checked into the thread .. ?? ..meh ... plus any attempt on my part to be ironic was completely missed yeah ... further illustrating my point about yollziz mental faculties .. hah ..

see this is why i rarely reply to you. it's nearly impossible to get any sublties out of what you post because even the most obvious things are far past subtle.

as for the thread, kokoon walked into this himself. you go to a place where the huge majority of the people love what you are about to talk shit about and then you talk shit about it. i appreciated when he said "nothing personal", but give me a fucking break. can you really hold out for 'nothing personal'?

course i didn't talk shit to kokoon and i'm sorry i'm being a bit rude here but i guess i'm in a bad mood.

you know i love you delet.

so you are going to make us watch this just to prove a point .. ?? ... the whole point of the thread .. was for the people who liked the show .. to explain what was worthy about it .. apparently that left the thread starter underwhelmed .. and there in did a monumental shitfight about nothing begin .. when those that liked the show felt so aggrieved that their holy sense of taste wasn't adhered to that they went on a jihad ..

/leaves thread

Guest abusivegeorge

Wow, at least kokoon took the time out to actually watch some of these episodes, five in fact, you wouldn't even leave the shop with it.

delet.. prop your hands up against the wall and drop your trousers while I lube up the handle of this broom real well..

Guest abusivegeorge

jesus.

see this is why i rarely reply to you. it's nearly impossible to get any sublties out of what you post because even the most obvious things are far past subtle.

as for the thread, kokoon walked into this himself. you go to a place where the huge majority of the people love what you are about to talk shit about and then you talk shit about it. i appreciated when he said "nothing personal", but give me a fucking break. can you really hold out for 'nothing personal'?

course i didn't talk shit to kokoon and i'm sorry i'm being a bit rude here but i guess i'm in a bad mood.

Well at least I now know which one of us is the butch.

my last reply was to betty btw ... this practically instant removal of the edit facility is kinda pissing me off joyrex ...

plus at essines .. you know i loves everyone here ... even when they piss me off for their unseemly behavior heh ;-] ..

jesus.

Well at least I now know which one of us is the butch.

yeah, your mom.

+ *sticks that broom into georges eye .. and mentions something to his crying relatives about him being ok to go to work .. noone'll know .. he just has to wear sunglasses ..*

mighty thread crossover

Archived