IGNORED

After careful consideration

Guest theSun

Quaristice + Quadrange + Live tour = Ae really is just getting better and better. They aren't just getting better technically either. It's not that they are just learning to program things more explicitly or that they have a broader knowledge of programing (I'm sure thy do though), it's that they continue to make innovative songs. Whether they are complex masterpieces or brief whims, B and B are making the most original music I have ever heard.

I can't wait for the next release so I can question their progression then be totally blown away several months afterwards when i'm more familiar with the songs.

As always, there are some tracks I'm not jizzing all over the room when they play. I can't get into perlence or perlence range 7, the other perlences are quality on quadrange. I also can't really get into IO, maybe I'm just tired of that line from hearing it in all the Quaristice live sets, dunno though. I also wish that they mixed Notwo (and notwotwo) a little better, that lower synth reverbs the fuck out of my sub if it's anywhere near loud. the chenc9 dub song is really repetitive to me too, in a bad way.

But really everything else I can find things to love about, and I love just popping on a few of these tracks whenever. If I want to listen to ambient, or WNSN and Tankakern or some other groups. I fucking love this shit. Carry on.

Guest Enter a new display name

Could we say Autechre have completed half of the next release, considering there are often 2 years between each release (except between Untilted and Quaristice)? I am going to be patient until the next album.

I should have paid more attention to Untilted when it first came out, owning Elektrons (or rather trying to emulate) I can now really appreciate how intricate the album is in fact i think it's their most technically acomplished album to date (well apart from Gantz Graf maybe).

Quaristice I feel is more a stylistic venture thats a developing maturity of whats to come methinx.

Of all the "electronic music" big boys I think B&B are only the ones still pushing things forward innovatively in the sonic sense, the rest are even perfecting what they’ve always done, developing their particular musical style or getting a little self indulgent.

AE are far from 'past it' in fact I think they're so far ahead it's taking longer for everyone to catch up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived