IGNORED

So is it okay to like "acid?"

Guest Panoptimist

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Panoptimist
Its definitely not okay to like "acid" if you have to seek confimation.

You need to be more : "Fuck you I poo aphex tranny love fucking goat acid boobs in art confield konklaver bum willy bum bacon"

Its how most people talk round here.

Oh yeah, it's not confirmation I'm seeking. I just want to hear it from the community that IS the scene...that make up the avid listeners, the "informed" ones. Consider ethnographic studies. I'd rather hear it directly from the source.

Regardless of what is considered cool, cheesy, etc. I'm still going to listen to what sounds please me...

But the comment above relaying the conceptualization of acid at this moment was extremely helpful. I'm the last one who would know what the "trendy" shit is or isn't. I'm usually always behind in that respect...

I'm an electronic music noob, really. I love "this side of the tracks" and will always be listening in this area.

However, once my sound interests brought me to the 303 and it's history, I became "entranced" by a lot of the "old school acid house." Simple, yeah, but something about it. One of my truly favorite sounds.

So, again, being new to the whole scene, and having an interest in making some sounds myself, where's the line drawn? What's okay? I mean, Exillon is tearin' shit up... You guys are the best to ask. Inform me.

Hi Panoptimist,

Who cares if you're a noob or whatever? No worries man, only sad sad cunts will complain about that :P Save some cash, get a drum machine, get a synth, get a tape recorder mess about for months and months then add me on myspace. Looking forward to listening to your tracks. Fashions come and go, just look at all the autechre laptop clones on myspace, who cares? It's fucking wicked that people are finally ditching the laptop shit and moving back to how it should always be past present and pHuture... hehehe

Guest Panoptimist
I'm an electronic music noob, really. I love "this side of the tracks" and will always be listening in this area.

However, once my sound interests brought me to the 303 and it's history, I became "entranced" by a lot of the "old school acid house." Simple, yeah, but something about it. One of my truly favorite sounds.

So, again, being new to the whole scene, and having an interest in making some sounds myself, where's the line drawn? What's okay? I mean, Exillon is tearin' shit up... You guys are the best to ask. Inform me.

Hi Panoptimist,

Who cares if you're a noob or whatever? No worries man, only sad sad cunts will complain about that :P Save some cash, get a drum machine, get a synth, get a tape recorder mess about for months and months then add me on myspace. Looking forward to listening to your tracks. Fashions come and go, just look at all the autechre laptop clones on myspace, who cares? It's fucking wicked that people are finally ditching the laptop shit and moving back to how it should always be past present and pHuture... hehehe

Thanks for the encouraging words.

At this point I still feel removed from the whole "scene" but I will see where my interests take me...conceptualizing most of this production for me is like peering behind the curtains into the void...

awesome xbox id by the way...reminds me of cs 1.6 and q3a...

At this point I still feel removed from the whole "scene" but I will see where my interests take me...conceptualizing most of this production for me is like peering behind the curtains into the void...

Mate theres no scene really, it's just different groups of a bunch of mates having a laugh and some sad pricks making nasty comments on the outskirts. Basically it's about getting some music gear, making some wicked sounds for you to listen back to and dance to chill out to and have fun to party to etc. Just make it, whatever comes out comes out, you'll make good music, bad music, stupid music, funny music, crazy music, angry music, annoying music, sexy music, druggy music, etc

Here's an academic diagram:

Synth + drums + having a laugh > tape

Then don't give a shit what any sad cunts say, just keep making it and having a great time enjoying your life hehe

Guest Panoptimist

Mate theres no scene really, it's just different groups of a bunch of mates having a laugh and some sad pricks making nasty comments on the outskirts. Basically it's about getting some music gear, making some wicked sounds for you to listen back to and dance to chill out to and have fun to party to etc. Just make it, whatever comes out comes out, you'll make good music, bad music, stupid music, funny music, crazy music, angry music, annoying music, sexy music, druggy music, etc

Here's an academic diagram:

Synth + drums + having a laugh > tape

Then don't give a shit what any sad cunts say, just keep making it and having a great time enjoying your life hehe

:bowdown:

Guest inteeliguntdesign

hey it's pretty cool you "guys" have taken this opportunity to try to intimidate a new "member" instead of writing anything of "worth". "fuckers".

okay chunky excluded.

hey it's pretty cool you "guys" have taken this opportunity to try to intimidate a new "member" instead of writing anything of "worth". "fuckers".

okay chunky excluded.

I think someone needs to read the rules!

You need to be more : "Fuck you I poo aphex tranny love fucking goat acid boobs in art confield konklaver bum willy bum bacon"

Oh yeah, it's not confirmation I'm seeking. I just want to hear it from the community that IS the scene...that make up the avid listeners, the "informed" ones. Consider ethnographic studies. I'd rather hear it directly from the source.

Regardless of what is considered cool, cheesy, etc. I'm still going to listen to what sounds please me...

But the comment above relaying the conceptualization of acid at this moment was extremely helpful. I'm the last one who would know what the "trendy" shit is or isn't. I'm usually always behind in that respect...

Its actually quite an interesting time for electronic music, the advancement of new markets and distribution methods music is becoming simultaneously more personal and more pervasive. There is the maistream but there but there is also endless hours of great music out there. Don't narrow it down to just acid. You should look around at some of the music people reccomend. This is where I broadened my musical tastes.

Guest tv_party

Its actually quite an interesting time for electronic music, the advancement of new markets and distribution methods music is becoming simultaneously more personal and more pervasive. There is the maistream but there but there is also endless hours of great music out there. Don't narrow it down to just acid. You should look around at some of the music people reccomend. This is where I broadened my musical tastes.

I'm totally disillusioned with electronic music at the moment. Recycled simple rock done in the right way has an earnestness that grabs me in a way that electronic almost never does. It's like a life affirming moment that hits you in the chest versus an interesting intellectual curiosity that arouses momentary interest and then passes.

edit: please woo me back electronic music

i wouldn't look for "acid" or "breakcore" or "drill'n'bass", i'd just check out shit that looks or sounds interesting.

but really, fuck music. it's all a pile of pretentious fags trying to get famous doing shit that isn't worth a second of anyones time, especially those who created it.

I'm totally disillusioned with electronic music at the moment. Recycled simple rock done in the right way has an earnestness that grabs me in a way that electronic almost never does. It's like a life affirming moment that hits you in the chest versus an interesting intellectual curiosity that arouses momentary interest and then passes.

I feel like this a lot these days.

When I'm feeling this way, I like to listen to electronic music that is performed all or mostly live, using hardware synths as traditional instruments, such as BMSR. This "live band" feel or lack of a "human element" might be what you feel is missing in the electronic music you are listening to.

Guest Panoptimist

And that's what's so great about this music.

I did start broad, and I am broad at heart, but I went through/still am in an acid phase. And once I began to recognize sounds influenced by it in production I previously listened to, my interest gained. It was/is a new discovery for me.

i think you need to start talking less like-you're-reading-satre and more acid[]/i... eg.

HEY Yyyyyyyyyyyy WFUCKin mentaliSt CoMPaderz u all up fr sum aamzimg acid hshit its crazy shit

fccooking mental

=)

1138-1138-20050721_125751-320x240.jpg

edited for better version.

Archived