IGNORED

So is it okay to like "acid?"

Guest Panoptimist

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Panoptimist
why make such a fuss, do whatever you want to do. if you look to make music and don't want to go against the current fads and "sensibilities" then you are in the wrong game.

that said, i won't be listening to any acid, after i got fed up with that acid revival in the early 2000. the stuff made before that was good enough.

See, I want to learn about the history of the culture and genres. I don't know what you mean when you refer to a "revival."

This has nothing to do with deciding what sort of music to make etc. Rather, I just want to know why things are the way they are.

check out this guys release, i heard he is quite 'acid'

Link

Yeah this guy is really the reason I learned about it/fell in love with it...

Guest Panoptimist
So, again, being new to the whole scene, and having an interest in making some sounds myself, where's the line drawn? What's okay?

It's okay to be yourself and listen to what you like. Feel free to emulate it. Do what you goddam want.

As long as you want to read the rules.

Right, I should've made the disclaimer. I'm not looking for approval more so than I'm looking for again, history. What's behind the music and movements? I read class of 88 for some context.

Ultimately, of course, I do whatever I goddamned please.

Right, I should've made the disclaimer. I'm not looking for approval more so than I'm looking for again, history. What's behind the music and movements? I read class of 88 for some context.

Ultimately, of course, I do whatever I goddamned please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_house

av-6569.jpg

I used to have a chameleo back in 2005. Its (i never could have determined if it was a he or a she ; I have been told the males have two "hemipenis") name was Jean-Paul (Sartres). It was a pretty cool pet, except the fact you had to grow crickets to feed it. The hunting scene were amazing, first he slowly advanced toward the prey with jerky movments deisgned to look like a leave shaked by the wind. When he was above the target, its tail curled up around the branch, and he slowly and softly let drop itself, then, all of a sudden, he threw its tongue like a javelin, and crunched its prey. Unfortunately he died of dehydration.

That's the coolest pet ever.

Male chameleons are normally bigger right? Why did it die of dehydration? You know they can't detect water that isn't moving/on leaves etc right? They shouldn't die of dehydration if you are regularly misting its habitat.

Guest Panoptimist
Go and see Ceephax live and u will see the true energy and enjoyment acid can bring.

Don't take your location for granted.

I'm hoping my academic endeavors bring me to that side of the ocean before it's all said and done. Acid le Soken.

av-6569.jpg

I used to have a chameleo back in 2005. Its (i never could have determined if it was a he or a she ; I have been told the males have two "hemipenis") name was Jean-Paul (Sartres). It was a pretty cool pet, except the fact you had to grow crickets to feed it. The hunting scene were amazing, first he slowly advanced toward the prey with jerky movments deisgned to look like a leave shaked by the wind. When he was above the target, its tail curled up around the branch, and he slowly and softly let drop itself, then, all of a sudden, he threw its tongue like a javelin, and crunched its prey. Unfortunately he died of dehydration.

That's the coolest pet ever.

Male chameleons are normally bigger right? Why did it die of dehydration? You know they can't detect water that isn't moving/on leaves etc right? They shouldn't die of dehydration if you are regularly misting its habitat.

He escaped from(let's says it's a he) his terrarium. I found him 3-4 days after the incident, weakened and dying. Then he died

Go and see Ceephax live and u will see the true energy and enjoyment acid can bring.

i hope I will

Guest David R James

Don't take your location for granted.

I'm hoping my academic endeavors bring me to that side of the ocean before it's all said and done. Acid le Soken.

Ummm, just saying

Guest Panoptimist
When I was 16, I registered for an IRC-based chat called VRAVE and it was an offshoot of the hyperreal.org deal. My "handle" (remember when they were handles, wtf?) was tb303. The minute I connected, someone said "You should really look into a new handle. 303's are as passe as Steve Gutenberg" That was 1995.

What are your take-away morals? 1. Be thankful you're posting in an era of Rules. 2. If Steve Gutenberg was passe in 1995, imagine what 14 years have done.

Well as it appears to me it is precisely this system of rules that disables me from understanding things in proper context due to a constraint on context by this system (of rules).

I'm an electronic music noob, really. I love "this side of the tracks" and will always be listening in this area.

However, once my sound interests brought me to the 303 and it's history, I became "entranced" by a lot of the "old school acid house." Simple, yeah, but something about it. One of my truly favorite sounds.

So, again, being new to the whole scene, and having an interest in making some sounds myself, where's the line drawn? What's okay? I mean, Exillon is tearin' shit up... You guys are the best to ask. Inform me.

in response it is in fact extremely trendy at this particular time to be into old school acid techno and new artists mimicking old school acid techno. so no you arent alone, not by a long shot

Its definitely not okay to like "acid" if you have to seek confimation.

You need to be more : "Fuck you I poo aphex tranny love fucking goat acid boobs in art confield konklaver bum willy bum bacon"

Its how most people talk round here.

When I was 16, I registered for an IRC-based chat called VRAVE and it was an offshoot of the hyperreal.org deal. My "handle" (remember when they were handles, wtf?) was tb303. The minute I connected, someone said "You should really look into a new handle. 303's are as passe as Steve Gutenberg" That was 1995.

What are your take-away morals? 1. Be thankful you're posting in an era of Rules. 2. If Steve Gutenberg was passe in 1995, imagine what 14 years have done.

Steve Gutenberg is passe?

Archived