IGNORED

I'm thinking of trying shrooms.

Capsaicin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im sure you couild find someone to sit with you if you tried.. also, if you cant find someone to buy from, try growing them yourself. my brother tried this once and it worked out pretty well. but be careful, if you grow them wrong they can be poisonous..

Guest Panoptimist

Just do them alone. Go ahead and take them. It'll be a trip.

I mean, if you've never taken drugs before, never had drug addict friends/stoner friends/alcoholic friends/even a buddy who is down to eat 'em with you, sounds like this isn't the right time for you to be eating mushrooms...

...which is why I say: if you want to eat them, go ahead and eat them. You're bound to learn something. That's what I do anyway.

Guest David R James
dont do them alone

U had the same problem as me, u couldnt post could u? but u did really and now uve got loads of posts of the same post.

dont do them alone

this shouldnt be a rule for anyone doing drugs, a trip can usually be stronger if your alone and if thats not something you want you probably should have a close friend with you who is also on shrooms or sober. having the guy hang out with you who sold you the shrooms while you are tripping is probably not the best choice of friend.

i just think its a good safety measure in case of a freakout. i freaked out on shrooms once after the friend i had been doing them with went home... certainly wished he would have stayed.

Oh is that true Awepittance. I remember the last time I bought acid (about a month and a half ago), the guy I bought from was pressuring me to take a couple hits right then and there. See I bought weed from him a lot before, and it's fine to sit and smoke a bowl with him and what not, but I had to explain that this was a pretty different situation before he finally laid off. fucker.

Capsaicin, here is my honest advice:

Buy an entire o of shrooms and 100 sheets of acid, along with about 100 bottles of robitussin.

Then, run away to the woods, and built a remote cabin with no windows.

Lock yourself in there for a year, consume it all.

Then check into the local asylum with the men in the white coats.

Have fun!

don't do them alone but for fucks sake don't do them around your parents either, jesus christ. As far as getting them you can probably pick them yourself, but I would try to find somebody first. Oh yeah, and for fucks sake don't smoke salvia, the nice thing about mushrooms is they come on gradually, so you can take half, wait an hour and see how things are going, and then decide if you want to take the other half. If you are feeling uncomfortable I would not take the other half, as that feeling will just AMPLIFY. Do you have any friends that would be into this kind of thing? Thats what I'd recommend.

don't do them alone but for fucks sake don't do them around your parents either, jesus christ. As far as getting them you can probably pick them yourself, but I would try to find somebody first. Oh yeah, and for fucks sake don't smoke salvia, the nice thing about mushrooms is they come on gradually, so you can take half, wait an hour and see how things are going, and then decide if you want to take the other half. If you are feeling uncomfortable I would not take the other half, as that feeling will just AMPLIFY. Do you have any friends that would be into this kind of thing? Thats what I'd recommend.

Yeah I got a couple buddies that are looking into the same thing.

Concerning the actual trip, what are the kinds of hallucinations/visuals that you normally get? This'll help me determine where/when I do it.

Concerning the actual trip, what are the kinds of hallucinations/visuals that you normally get? This'll help me determine where/when I do it.

Everyone reacts a little differently. I have a friend who got really out of it from eating the same dose/batch as me, and almost called his parents...we had to remind him he was tripping...it was a bit tedious.

Turn off your cellphone and have someone else hold on to it.

I typically see a lot of patterns/colors/halo effects on objects. Flat objects (carpets, walls, etc) appear to have "depth"

Wood grain appears to flow, i love that.

I've never seen any imaginary physical objects (zomg pink elefunts!)

But I've gotten a lot of crazy concepts about life and thinking from tripping.

I like showering on any drug, tho i had to remind myself of what i was doing a few times.

Fapping can be fun too, if you can manage it.

for me, the walls start breathing, pictures start bubbling and i start to see images form in patterned surfaces (like the carpet)... different animals and things. but yeah, its different with everyone.

depends on how much you take, what species, etc. breathing walls, vibrant colours, shifting patterns, distortion of size and sometimes fractals or patterns appearing are all pretty common. again, as mentioned it's different for everyone. i've had intense trips without any visuals, and intense trips that were purely visual.

if you're concerning yourself with where to take them; set up a ground base. somewhere comfortable and relaxed that you can hang out and just trip away with music or small things to do. things that you can physically fuck around with is a lot better than sitting around and watching a movie or something, which is still nice. i say ground base because there's a high chance you'll probably want to get outside and go for a walk. somewhere to come back to is nice.

i miss taking them. i used to do them a lot, usually either home alone where i could work on art, listen to music, write, roll around on the floor with my cat or at school (only with small amounts). at school they usually opened my eyes to certain subtitles in my daily routine that would otherwise go unnoticed. i wasn't completely high on them, but buzzed enough to distort my regular perception. when i was off them i felt a lot better about the daily grind.

Guest Panoptimist

The visuals are great.

It's the mindfuck that's the real fucking trip. The trip usually takes me away, takes control, my mind is on autotripilot. Usually when I eat mushrooms (this is personally speaking) I go through a phase of social solipsism if you will...I get to a point where I cannot relate to anyone I'm with or the world, they cannot relate to me, and I usually just sit and think for a while, unable to bring myself to join into the conversation or events at hand. But see, that's where I am in real life anyway so the trip just brings it out and its not something I want enhanced...I experience my "aloneness" every day.

You know any chemistry nerds? I rather enjoyed 4-aco-mipt as it did not have severe mindfuck qualities but amazing visual qualities. I remember seeing my buddie's neighborhood smile and laugh under a clear summer night sky. All the houses were laughing the neighborhood itself was happy. It was cool. I was happy. The end.

just on a completely random note, i think it would be interesting to see what kind of potential mushrooms would have in a controlled, therapeutic setting, under the guidance of a trained psychologist... who knows, you might be able to make more progress in one session than years of traditional psychotherapy..but of course this will never happen. who knows how much money the industry would lose if a person could do in one session what otherwise would be done in forty. and thats not even mentioning the childish attitude we have as a society when it come to hallucinogenic drugs...

Guest hahathhat
just on a completely random note, i think it would be interesting to see what kind of potential mushrooms would have in a controlled, therapeutic setting, under the guidance of a trained psychologist... who knows, you might be able to make more progress in one session than years of traditional psychotherapy..but of course this will never happen. who knows how much money the industry would lose if a person could do in one session what otherwise would be done in forty. and thats not even mentioning the childish attitude we have as a society when it come to hallucinogenic drugs...

weak sauce, Z B Z. the reason therapy takes years is because the therapist can't see inside your head. even if they can't reach in and change things, if a psychologist could read your thoughts, the time would probably be cut down by a factor of ten. but they can't. they have to GUESS what you mean, if you're lying (to them or to yourself!). they have to go home and think about you, your life, and what they can get you to change.

now, let's drop acid -- rushes of thoughts. time slows down. you come up with a half dozen important ideas in less than ten seconds. you start to explain the first to your therapist... but, before you can get a whole word out, you have a cooler idea. you start to explain that... but, then you degenerate into a fit of giggles because everything is just so funny.

even if you could convey everything to the psychologist, a lot of it would be acid logic, and impossible for a sober person to understand.

even if the therapist could read it all and understand it, i wouldn't trust one of those cunts mucking about with my skull while it's in debug mode.

psychedelics are great for helping you work things out, but YOU still have to do it.

weak sauce, Z B Z. the reason therapy takes years is because the therapist can't see inside your head. even if they can't reach in and change things, if a psychologist could read your thoughts, the time would probably be cut down by a factor of ten. but they can't. they have to GUESS what you mean, if you're lying (to them or to yourself!). they have to go home and think about you, your life, and what they can get you to change.

now, let's drop acid -- rushes of thoughts. time slows down. you come up with a half dozen important ideas in less than ten seconds. you start to explain the first to your therapist... but, before you can get a whole word out, you have a cooler idea. you start to explain that... but, then you degenerate into a fit of giggles because everything is just so funny.

even if you could convey everything to the psychologist, a lot of it would be acid logic, and impossible for a sober person to understand.

even if the therapist could read it all and understand it, i wouldn't trust one of those cunts mucking about with my skull while it's in debug mode.

psychedelics are great for helping you work things out, but YOU still have to do it.

ive gone through quite a bit of therapy in my life, am currently in therapy, and was a psychology major for a little while, so im not exactly ignorant when it comes to the subject. the key to therapy is how well you can access certain emotions, traumatic experiences etc that persist in impeding progress in you life, and this can be done in a number of ways. this is why there is more than one school of therapy. psilocybin could be quite useful in helping to uncover otherwise consciously denied thoughts, emotions, or memories. thats what i mean when i say that taking the substance could possibly speed the overall process up.

that being said, i dont think youd just jump right into the process without establishing a comfortable, trusting relationship with the therapist first. and lets remember also that set and setting are key to the experience. you might be less apt to babble acid logic while giggling if you put yourself in "therapy mode" (meditation maybe?) before you take anything..

you should do some research into ibogaine and some of the progress thats been made in treating addicts with that substance..

what I find annoying is how everyone wants to do shrooms and psychedelic drugs and all that shit, but doesn't give a damn about studying the still quite nebulous realm of WHY these chemicals act like they do. Sure, we know the neurochemistry, what is the antagonist of what receptor...but exactly what goes on emotionally and mentally during those periods of consciousness is anyones guess. And the hallucinations are the most interesting phenomenon. Certain patterns occur between nearly anyone who has experienced such mindstates, artificially induced, or without chemicals (astral projection, lucid dreaming)...and I don't know about you guys, but this fascinates me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_constant

sounds like tripping with you would be a hoot!

are you being sarcastic

yeah i was. you getting annoyed at people for not understanding or not caring to fully understand the chemical reaction brought it out of me. sorry

no need to be sorry

it just seems like the natural step above ingesting psychedelic drugs recreationally, is ingesting them with a purpose in mind aka "Psychonautically" and the natural step above that is then styudying it scientifically.

It just seems like a fact of maturity, if the mysteries of the psychedelic mind sparked interest and awe of the phenomenon, its obvious instead of just praising (and basically abusing) it, one should study it, come to understand (the process of stripping all understnading from your mind....kind of ironic, actually).

i agree with you mostly, treating them with respect rather than mindlessly getting off your face is the sensible way to approach it... but just don't think it's necessary to take the workings of it too seriously.

you could study the physics behind freefalling from a plane but would it enhance the thrill of actually doing it?

Archived