IGNORED

I'm thinking of trying shrooms.

Capsaicin

Guest hahathhat
ive gone through quite a bit of therapy in my life, am currently in therapy, and was a psychology major for a little while, so im not exactly ignorant when it comes to the subject. the key to therapy is how well you can access certain emotions, traumatic experiences etc that persist in impeding progress in you life, and this can be done in a number of ways. this is why there is more than one school of therapy. psilocybin could be quite useful in helping to uncover otherwise consciously denied thoughts, emotions, or memories. thats what i mean when i say that taking the substance could possibly speed the overall process up.

that being said, i dont think youd just jump right into the process without establishing a comfortable, trusting relationship with the therapist first. and lets remember also that set and setting are key to the experience. you might be less apt to babble acid logic while giggling if you put yourself in "therapy mode" (meditation maybe?) before you take anything..

you should do some research into ibogaine and some of the progress thats been made in treating addicts with that substance..

i was really saying, i don't think therapy under the influence would be some sort of magic bullet -- more likely a waste of time. however, read the thread a bit more, and taint's post about daily routines made me consider that maybe a gram of shrooms or less, threshold dose, might loosen you up a bit while not going so far as to make you sound like a raccoon. i still think it'd be a frustrating load of nonsense for the doc, but maybe it'd blend.

i feel the PROPER way to combine psychedelics and therapy would be to do shrooms by yourself, think about your therapy sessions, and make notes of anything significant to discuss at your next appointment. just be sure to review your notes before taking them to the doc, as you might realize many of them are nonsense. :)

as to why i have an intense distrust for therapy: my parents dragged me to therapists, amongst other things, for years. i was a strange kid, and rather than accept that, my parents dragged me around looking for some magic man to "fix" me. at first i kind of liked just talking about things with these doctors, then i realized they were there to make me do what my parents wanted me to and stopped cooperating. i can't take therapy seriously now -- in fact, i wager it's done me a lot of damage.

as i had an obvious vested interest, i took a lot of psych classes in college myself. probably could have gotten a minor if i'd done the paperwork...

what I find annoying is how everyone wants to do shrooms and psychedelic drugs and all that shit, but doesn't give a damn about studying the still quite nebulous realm of WHY these chemicals act like they do. Sure, we know the neurochemistry, what is the antagonist of what receptor...but exactly what goes on emotionally and mentally during those periods of consciousness is anyones guess. And the hallucinations are the most interesting phenomenon. Certain patterns occur between nearly anyone who has experienced such mindstates, artificially induced, or without chemicals (astral projection, lucid dreaming)...and I don't know about you guys, but this fascinates me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_constant

I care, and I thank you for bringing this Wiki page to my attention... is there a more detailed page anywhere?

any of the books cited there any good?

anyways, barring mystical shit, i suspect a lot of these "common" hallucinations are essentially visual metaphors for processes in the brain.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick tips for achieving stronger visuals

- go outside to a natural environment like a forrest or park, the less people around the better

- sit in a dark room or blind folded with music on

- stare at something really intricate and complex

I haven't read this thread, I'm just posting this:

Make sure you're in good company or a good state of mind before you take them. You will have an enlightening, adventurous, jolly good time. If you're the slightest bit depressed or anxious, the shrooms will amplify that x100 and you will freak the fuck out.

I never get why people refer to salvia as a hallucinogen.  At best, it's an imagination cataract.

the experiences on it are different for everybody but almost every salvia experience i've had has been pretty hallucinogenic on several sensory levels (tactile, olfactory, auditory, visual)

So that's hallucinogenic?  Things smell, look, taste and feel funny?  That's it?

God, drugs are boring.

nope, sounds like you haven't done it , or if you have you did it incorrectly and think your own experience is representative of other people

people who say 'its boring' or 'its weak' or 'its not a hallucinogen' just haven't experienced it properly

salvia is perhaps the most powerful hallucinogen i've tried besides DMT/5-meo-dmt

ive gone through quite a bit of therapy in my life, am currently in therapy, and was a psychology major for a little while, so im not exactly ignorant when it comes to the subject. the key to therapy is how well you can access certain emotions, traumatic experiences etc that persist in impeding progress in you life, and this can be done in a number of ways. this is why there is more than one school of therapy. psilocybin could be quite useful in helping to uncover otherwise consciously denied thoughts, emotions, or memories. thats what i mean when i say that taking the substance could possibly speed the overall process up.

that being said, i dont think youd just jump right into the process without establishing a comfortable, trusting relationship with the therapist first. and lets remember also that set and setting are key to the experience. you might be less apt to babble acid logic while giggling if you put yourself in "therapy mode" (meditation maybe?) before you take anything..

you should do some research into ibogaine and some of the progress thats been made in treating addicts with that substance..

i was really saying, i don't think therapy under the influence would be some sort of magic bullet -- more likely a waste of time. however, read the thread a bit more, and taint's post about daily routines made me consider that maybe a gram of shrooms or less, threshold dose, might loosen you up a bit while not going so far as to make you sound like a raccoon. i still think it'd be a frustrating load of nonsense for the doc, but maybe it'd blend.

i feel the PROPER way to combine psychedelics and therapy would be to do shrooms by yourself, think about your therapy sessions, and make notes of anything significant to discuss at your next appointment. just be sure to review your notes before taking them to the doc, as you might realize many of them are nonsense. :)

as to why i have an intense distrust for therapy: my parents dragged me to therapists, amongst other things, for years. i was a strange kid, and rather than accept that, my parents dragged me around looking for some magic man to "fix" me. at first i kind of liked just talking about things with these doctors, then i realized they were there to make me do what my parents wanted me to and stopped cooperating. i can't take therapy seriously now -- in fact, i wager it's done me a lot of damage.

as i had an obvious vested interest, i took a lot of psych classes in college myself. probably could have gotten a minor if i'd done the paperwork...

what I find annoying is how everyone wants to do shrooms and psychedelic drugs and all that shit, but doesn't give a damn about studying the still quite nebulous realm of WHY these chemicals act like they do. Sure, we know the neurochemistry, what is the antagonist of what receptor...but exactly what goes on emotionally and mentally during those periods of consciousness is anyones guess. And the hallucinations are the most interesting phenomenon. Certain patterns occur between nearly anyone who has experienced such mindstates, artificially induced, or without chemicals (astral projection, lucid dreaming)...and I don't know about you guys, but this fascinates me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_constant

I care, and I thank you for bringing this Wiki page to my attention... is there a more detailed page anywhere?

any of the books cited there any good?

anyways, barring mystical shit, i suspect a lot of these "common" hallucinations are essentially visual metaphors for processes in the brain.

http://www.amazon.com/MESCAL-MECHANISMS-HA...r/dp/B000J2LWME

nope, sounds like you haven't done it , or if you have you did it incorrectly and think your own experience is representative of other people

people who say 'its boring' or 'its weak' or 'its not a hallucinogen' just haven't experienced it properly

salvia is perhaps the most powerful hallucinogen i've tried besides DMT/5-meo-dmt

I've smoked salvia three or four times, but the most I get out of it is shadows start to look like pinwheels, kinda like

Optical-illusion-wheels-circles-rotating.png

. . . only orange and blue, and things feel plastic-like.  Not hard plastic, like credit cards, but more pliable, like a dog toy or something.  Then scenes play out in my head, usually cartoon-like scenes, not unlike Yellow Submarine.

Then there's the fucking giggling.

the thing you have to remember about mushrooms is that psilocybin reacts with the brain unlike any other known substance, and the reaction is still only partially understood. mushrooms are a mystery, they are completely unpredictable. whatever you expect to happen is exactly what won't happen. this is a powerful chemical that grows from the ground.

interesting thought: there is no evidence to disprove the theory that 'magic mushrooms' really are 'magic'...

OR DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND?!!?!

Archived