IGNORED

I'm thinking of trying shrooms.

Capsaicin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
still recreational innit? that's like saying book reading isn't a recreation if the book is deep and intense and makes you cry

aye it's recreational. in fact i'd advise not to get too caught up in all that spiritual nonsense.

still recreational innit? that's like saying book reading isn't a recreation if the book is deep and intense and makes you cry

well, id consider that to be more than recreation. didnt mean to start anything.. was just stating my personal view of shrooms

well, id consider that to be more than recreation. didnt mean to start anything.. was just stating my personal view of shrooms

and your personal view of recreation

would you say taking shrrooms is like bible reading or something (sticking with my stupid analogy)?

and your personal view of recreation

would you say taking shrrooms is like bible reading or something (sticking with my stupid analogy)?

for me, taking shrooms has always been a deeply personal experience, and its altered me a little bit each time ive done them. i see them more as powerful tools, as opposed to say, a good way to kill an afternoon. but its also important to realize that people experience drugs in all kinds of different ways, so i can definitely understand if someones had a different experience with shrooms...

i've usually mixed the shrooms with some youghurt to get over the chewyness. take the experience with an open mind and you'll have a good time.

I don't know about shrooms, but drinking/eating milk/yoghurt decreases the effects of acid. Actually when Hoffman was for the first time on LSD, his first reflex was to drink milk with the hope it would counter the acid. So maybe it's the same thing for the psylocibin. I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not.

this is why reading about the substances you consume is important, so you don't further spread the already large number of myths and disinfo related to these substances. milk does not counter the effects of acid. you might create a placebo effect if you believe it, the mind is powerful, especially when on psychedelics.

Guest Panoptimist
what I find annoying is how everyone wants to do shrooms and psychedelic drugs and all that shit, but doesn't give a damn about studying the still quite nebulous realm of WHY these chemicals act like they do. Sure, we know the neurochemistry, what is the antagonist of what receptor...but exactly what goes on emotionally and mentally during those periods of consciousness is anyones guess. And the hallucinations are the most interesting phenomenon. Certain patterns occur between nearly anyone who has experienced such mindstates, artificially induced, or without chemicals (astral projection, lucid dreaming)...and I don't know about you guys, but this fascinates me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_constant

sounds like tripping with you would be a hoot!

Fuck Form constant

FRACTALS FTW !

Yeah, fractals are for mushrooms.

All I could see was fractals for four straight hours when I ate a bag of caps at a music festival a couple of summers ago. Needless to say, that was a really fucking cool sunset.

what I find annoying is how everyone wants to do shrooms and psychedelic drugs and all that shit, but doesn't give a damn about studying the still quite nebulous realm of WHY these chemicals act like they do. Sure, we know the neurochemistry, what is the antagonist of what receptor...but exactly what goes on emotionally and mentally during those periods of consciousness is anyones guess. And the hallucinations are the most interesting phenomenon. Certain patterns occur between nearly anyone who has experienced such mindstates, artificially induced, or without chemicals (astral projection, lucid dreaming)...and I don't know about you guys, but this fascinates me.

are you being sarcastic

Guest abusivegeorge

You can't take shrooms unless your already hitting it or really feeling like it, and up for the buzz, otherwise it turns out to be fucking shit I have never "just" taken mushrooms by themselves, I've always had a few drinks first, I'm the same with weed though and I can't smoke it unless I'm drinking, so maybe thats just me.

are you being sarcastic

yeah i was. you getting annoyed at people for not understanding or not caring to fully understand the chemical reaction brought it out of me. sorry

are you being sarcastic

yeah i was. you getting annoyed at people for not understanding or not caring to fully understand the chemical reaction brought it out of me. sorry

no need to be sorry

it just seems like the natural step above ingesting psychedelic drugs recreationally, is ingesting them with a purpose in mind aka "Psychonautically" and the natural step above that is then styudying it scientifically.

It just seems like a fact of maturity, if the mysteries of the psychedelic mind sparked interest and awe of the phenomenon, its obvious instead of just praising (and basically abusing) it, one should study it, come to understand (the process of stripping all understnading from your mind....kind of ironic, actually).

its funny how many people ive talked to do whove done shrooms or LSD whove told me 'man ive never had any visuals on psychedelics, just wavy lines and shit'

almost inevitably they tell me they did Acid at a kegger, a rave, with a group of friends who were drunk or something else very non trip friendly.

try wearing a blind fold with some headphones playing nice music and you will see how quickly you will hallucinate even on a low dose of mushrooms

Archived