IGNORED

'The Simpsons' gets new opening sequence

Squee

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell you the exact moment. Basically, Season 7 was the season that things started going downhill.....I would still go as far as to call it a good season (and worth owning), but it's not as good as the others. There are a few episodes that begin to show the wear and tear that future seasons would display everywhere.

The best seasons of the show are 2-7, with the very best ones being 3, 4, 5, 6 and the very very very best one being tied between 4 and 5 (but maybe 4 wins slightly). Anybody that says seasons 8 and on are funny are simply wrong.

except simpsons never got rude like the newer genre of cartoons. if anything simpsons are not as racey as they once were and are trying to fill the demographic of "everyone". keep it safe is what they are doing and it's not working

seasons 3-9 could beat the shit out of any other cartoon ever made. period.

season 8 was not downhill, was one of the best seasons. shut up.

why you may ask. two words:

Frank Grimes.

Guest analogue wings
Frank Grimes.

you mean the general trend of recycling characters that were meant to be one-offs from back when the show was good?

seasons 3-9 could beat the shit out of any other cartoon ever made. period.

season 8 was not downhill, was one of the best seasons. shut up.

why you may ask. two words:

Frank Grimes.

Seasons 8 and 9 sucked, sorry. I'm talking about as a whole, not every single episode. At least half of the episodes were stinkers from each of those seasons. Oh, and the Frank Grimes episode is HORRIBLE, no offense. Comparing that episode to ANYTHING between season 3 and 6 is beyond ridiculous.

Guest bitroast

the frank grimes episode is hardly a simpsons episode. i mean, it is and all, but its a real stand out ep. you can't say its horrible though, espicially with caps. some love it. i love it. its good stuff.

Frank Grimes ftw.

Beer Baron ftw.

Trip to NYC ftw.

Thomas Edison ftw.

Pretzel Wars ftw.

i could go on and on.

i disagree with almost all of those.

different strokes for different folks i suppose.

Archived