IGNORED

wtf is twitter and why is everyone talking about it?

keltoi

yea it's been around for ages hasn't it? i think i saw it embedded on websites, a long time agoo

Yeah I remember hearing about it for the first time at least a year ago. Microblogging is so jb7.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea it's been around for ages hasn't it? i think i saw it embedded on websites, a long time agoo

Yeah I remember hearing about it for the first time at least a year ago. Microblogging is so jb7.

I thought it was 2.0? Damn you, popculture interpretation of technological trends, you tricked me once more.

Guest hahathhat
I work in the corporate recruiting industry and anyone over the age of 40 thinks this is going to revolutionize the internets. I keep trying to tell them if nobody I know in my personal life or on WATMM is using it, it is not going make any big waves.

ahaha, you've nailed it and made me LOL in diachronic tandem. :beer:

i think people can post shit via text message

so when Stephen Fry got stuck in a lift recently, he was able to post 'i am stuck in a lift', etc. and keep his fans updated. twat.

I think it's quite nice that he bothers. I can't think of any other "celebrity" of his stature who makes any such effort to reach out to their fans. He regularly responds to their comments too. Nobody would think any less of him if he didn't. I can't be arsed with it myself but it's nice to know all the same.

Guest Al Hounos
I work in the corporate recruiting industry and anyone over the age of 40 thinks this is going to revolutionize the internets. I keep trying to tell them if nobody I know in my personal life or on WATMM is using it, it is not going make any big waves. Plus Facebook took the idea from Twitter and integrated it into a much more useful application. It's already obsolete.

I'm in school for journalism and our profs are the same way... told us to sign up for it n stuff. It's funny how everyone who grew up with the web (20-22 year olds in school) thinks its a waste of time and all the oldies are the only ones into it. I guess it's because they missed the first wave so they're grabbing on to anything new and

"Web 2.0" that they can find.

so when Stephen Fry got stuck in a lift recently, he was able to post 'i am stuck in a lift', etc. and keep his fans updated. twat.

I think it's quite nice that he bothers. I can't think of any other "celebrity" of his stature who makes any such effort to reach out to their fans. He regularly responds to their comments too. Nobody would think any less of him if he didn't. I can't be arsed with it myself but it's nice to know all the same.

the flashbulb?

yeah ive been using it for lyke 2 years dis is weird thread twitter is olde hreheh

did you put the dog in the freezer?

no six didn't do it

Now there's one called Yammer, which is basically Twitter for the corporate world. It's basically so your superiors know what you're working on at all times. I boycott it completely.

i too don't dislike steven fry* ... also i have no drive to check out any twitter pages ...

* - not having been exposed to him .. beyond that doco he made on his battle with the bipolar bear .. and a couple of skits up on youtube from the 80's .,..and of course blackadder ... perhaps what he is in terms of media image in the UK and surrounds is a little more painful .. ?? tauboo ... ??

so i added a few famous people... neil gaiman's tweets are kind of interesting.

warren ellis's tweets are pretty cool too.

and stephen fry's are pretty funny.

but i have yet to see anything to convince me this is anything beyond a glorified facebook status bar.

Archived