IGNORED

Quitting Weed

Guest Grizz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat
why is there such a dry spell in the UK ? are the rents sky high there are something?

with indoor cultivation being so widespread these days i would imagine it wouldnt be that much different from obtaining weed in the united states, but it does vary heavily depending on what state you visit.

maybe it has something to do with the decline in shipping (smuggling) the last few months and maybe the crisis as a whole or something?

i'm starting to notice a decline in overall quality here (netherlands), sometimes shops get a real shitty strain for a few weeks

christ, man, i know jack shit about netherlands, but i'm sure it's all grown a bus ride away from the cafes.

Guest hahathhat

more likely shit economy leads to cafes reducing/slowing purchases due to decreased biz, consequently sometimes what's available is a bit crusty.

that's what i've been feeling in the US.

Guest David R James
we used always get a drought here at christmas. it was most annoying

but i don't have that problem any more :shade:

Festival season usually brings a drought as well

When i run out of weed, i usually take a month off before i feel like im ready to try again, i find it really easy not to buy weed.

I've been on a break for over a month now- the longest i've had in 3 years. The main thing holding me back is not wanting to deal with buying more. I still want to smoke, but I know the longer I wait, the better it will be when I do.

I feel more clear-headed for sure, my thoughts move faster and my short term memory is notably stronger, but I'm more nervous and twitchy, a bit more anxious...sometimes I miss the fog, though I know it can't be good for me.

Gotta face the facts eventually.

why is there such a dry spell in the UK ? are the rents sky high there are something?

with indoor cultivation being so widespread these days i would imagine it wouldnt be that much different from obtaining weed in the united states, but it does vary heavily depending on what state you visit.

maybe it has something to do with the decline in shipping (smuggling) the last few months and maybe the crisis as a whole or something?

i'm starting to notice a decline in overall quality here (netherlands), sometimes shops get a real shitty strain for a few weeks

christ, man, i know jack shit about netherlands, but i'm sure it's all grown a bus ride away from the cafes.

That is what everybody thinks. It is still illegal to grow more than 5 plants. It's also illegal to grow if you plan to profit on it. You can own 5 plants, carry 5 grams and have up to 30 grams in the area you call your home. If you exceed the restriction by a bit they don't make a fus but you can get fined and even jailed if you exceed by too much. Shops are allowed to sell but not allowed to buy legally.

Remember, it's not legalised, just decriminalised.

There are government regulated growth farms, but they are intended for medical marijuana. We still have dealers but you don't need to deal with them face to face, the shops do that for you.

Guest David R James
ive been fortunate enough to only ever suffer one drought since i started, couldnt get anything but rocky and some stuff that gave you a banging headache for one summer.

Ur probably the luckiest person ever then, my life has been plagued by droughts

That is what everybody thinks. It is still illegal to grow more than 5 plants. It's also illegal to grow if you plan to profit on it. You can own 5 plants, carry 5 grams and have up to 30 grams in the area you call your home. If you exceed the restriction by a bit they don't make a fus but you can get fined and even jailed if you exceed by too much. Shops are allowed to sell but not allowed to buy legally.

Remember, it's not legalised, just decriminalised.

There are government regulated growth farms, but they are intended for medical marijuana. We still have dealers but you don't need to deal with them face to face, the shops do that for you.

i knew it wasnt totally legal, but thanks for breaking down the specifics, seriously educational :beer:

is it true that in the netherlands it is now illegal to smoke tobacco indoors thus no more spliff smoking at shops?!

im a big enough pot head to want to visit eventually and have the pleasure of smoking spliffs inside a store (i know its a sad life wish)

i knew it wasnt totally legal, but thanks for breaking down the specifics, seriously educational :beer:

is it true that in the netherlands it is now illegal to smoke tobacco indoors thus no more spliff smoking at shops?!

im a big enough pot head to want to visit eventually and have the pleasure of smoking spliffs inside a store (i know its a sad life wish)

It's illegal to smoke in commercial zones like stores, bars, clubs and so on. It's illegal to smoke at work and illegal to smoke in public buildings like train stations. It's not illegal to smoke in your own home or in your own car. And yep, it's illegal to smoke tobacco inside a coffee shop. Gotta go pure!

It's hella backwards.

i was wondering if that got passed

jesus, that must be fucking KILLING warmoestraat

*4 tourists enter tourist coffeeshop on warmoestraat*

*4 small beers, one pure doobie*

*whitey*

*tourists exit tourist coffeeshop, considerably paler*

Heh, yeah that would be the outcome if it weren't for clever storekeepers. See, you can actually build an enclosed space with ventilation, designate it as a smoking area, and all of a sudden it's a legal place to smoke!

Most shops I know are 80% smoking area and 20% business area.

The level of government idiocy is astonishing.

ahhh ok. we have a similar thing here with tobacco. in fact we're the cunts who started this trend in the EU lol

i have no doubt the definiton of 'outdoor space' is as blurry there as it is here, allowing for all sorts of setups involving heaters and retractable canvas roofs and shit

I quit weed for a year and then ended up buying an 8th last weekend. I got so high I couldn't do anything. I literally couldn't even concentrate long enough to open any programs on my computer. I ended up just eating 3 bowls of Cheerios and going to bed.

ahhh ok. we have a similar thing here with tobacco. in fact we're the cunts who started this trend in the EU lol

i have no doubt the definiton of 'outdoor space' is as blurry there as it is here, allowing for all sorts of setups involving heaters and retractable canvas roofs and shit

Hahah we had that same discussion here last summer. Wasn't it the Germans though who started this? I'm only sayin'

I quit weed for a year and then ended up buying an 8th last weekend. I got so high I couldn't do anything. I literally couldn't even concentrate long enough to open any programs on my computer. I ended up just eating 3 bowls of Cheerios and going to bed.

/thread

the most I ever spend on weed is £3.33 - £10, and that depends if there's 3 of us splitting a tenner bag or i'm splitting an 8th.

i only smoke it when there's nothing else to do, and "nothing else to do" includes simple tasks such as going to the shop or going out....

i don't really enjoy smoking it alone anymore, as it just bores me. i had 2-3 friends that i smoke with and we really don't do it that often at all... used to smoke it a lot when i was younger, daily actually. I quit for 4 months once when i was in that phase and i just "stopped".

a few years ago, i got heavily into playing football at 6 a-side level and have been playing 2-3 times a week ever since. that has really helped with smoking too, i've managed to quit a few months at a time in the past, but yet always get drunk and end up smoking rollups again.....

i'm never really bothered when there's no weed available, and i tend to just think "i was only smoking it out of boredom anyway.."

so play football, or play competitive online gaming like joyrex suggested... you won't want to be stoned in that "business" because you'll want full focus to PWN* noobs.

*yeah i used "pwn" watmm, go fuck yourself you hypocritical nerds.

lol i'm high now btw

Hahah we had that same discussion here last summer. Wasn't it the Germans though who started this? I'm only sayin'

yeeeeeahhhh.... the GERMANS. fuck that bunch of fucking fuckers.

hmmmm.jpg

that'll do nicely

and i can't remember last week's posts

Except it's not working all that well to be honest. It's a tricky grey area and a thorn in the eye of the EU. We are trapped. We can't legalize it a hundred percent because of certain arrangements between us and the rest of the EU, but we also can't make it illegal again because of social understanding, overall use and well just general consensus.

It is however largely responsible for a lot of crime. We get a lot of smuggling, widescale illegal growing and dealing, people "crossing" the border on drug runs etc etc.

Some towns are even trying to make it illegal to start a shop there because they are located too close to the Belgian or German border.

In my opinion every country should just take a step back, have a smoke, and proceed to move two steps forward and just all out legalize it and fund proper honest education regarding the drug.

well a blind eye has always been turned to belgian or german citizens who live near the dutch border taking a trip to stock up.

and in some areas, of germany at least - through personal experience, it's laxer again

but this sounds like they're trying to crack down on that

i'm sure the difference in legislation between countries is causing as much of a headache for the dudes in suits with the rubber stamps as it is for jan or johann sixpack

lol

Archived