IGNORED

Quitting Weed

Guest Grizz

Guest AOOproductions
I smoke cigarettes anyway, but I get much more worried about future mental health problems caused by weed.

First off, this makes no sense, and is rather idiotic.

Secondly, all you gotta do is just stop! Weed is not physically addictive, it is mental... and it is VERY mentally addictive. But it all takes brainpower and just a general urge to want to better yourself. I understand it can be hard, but once you get to the point where you completely... I MEAN COMPLETELY forget what it's like to be high(about a month and a couple weeks)... your in the clear.

I smoked 2-3 times a day this summer, then I said no more, I quit for 2 months... smoked once. But was smashed at the time so it didn't do much. Then december came about, smoked like a chimney. And haven't smoked but once since about jan 3rd. I don't plan on smoking again till mid march when I go on vaca. It's not that hard. You just gotta remember what life was like before you started smoking, then this will make the occasional smoke all the more fun, and the week long binges spectacular. trust me.

And yeah, exercise is always good. Maybe even try a vegetarian diet(for a little don't freak) just to detox the body.

Also do you have a GF? cause this could also help. A nice fuck can get the brain off just about anything...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I smoke cigarettes anyway, but I get much more worried about future mental health problems caused by weed.

First off, this makes no sense, and is rather idiotic.

How come dude? I've quit for a few months before (And Yeah know about in the clear, but still when you have that first smoke after you realise WHY you smoked it too!) and it eases me up so much. I become more comfortable socially, my track of thought is a lot quicker, I have much better short term memory and obviously the paranoia lifts.

I know theres no studies to prove it either way but smoking for years must build up mentally, I cannot fathom how it wouldn't when theres so much mental change when I quit.

And I'm looking forward to all those again over the next week or two. I had become bad at even speaking clearly early in the morning and would constantly pause for words and lose track of what I was talking about (usually within first 2 hours of the morning)

Guest melotronic

it's more a case of the lifestyle for me - i smoke shitloads of the stuff every day, and as you say it's so easy to get cripplingly bored if you havent got a nice ganj head on you... from time to time we get dicked around and are without green for a few days and once you literally don't have access to it its just a matter of time before you re-adjust. if you're anything like me, however, youll be dying for a doob even after days of abstinence: i think it just basically does depend on you as a person. a stoner's a stoner :D

and to link back to another point, i smoke tobacco too (depending how much weed is around) and would much much rather quit the baccy than the green... i hate the thought of fucking my lungs so easily.

and to link back to another point, i smoke tobacco too (depending how much weed is around) and would much much rather quit the baccy than the green... i hate the thought of fucking my lungs so easily.

You do realize, while weed doesn't contain the carcinogens that modern cigarettes contain (assuming you know the source of your supplier), that any burned particulate matter inhaled can still cause damage to the lungs, esophagus, and nose/mouth?

Guest melotronic

You do realize, while weed doesn't contain the carcinogens that modern cigarettes contain (assuming you know the source of your supplier), that any burned particulate matter inhaled can still cause damage to the lungs, esophagus, and nose/mouth?

yeah, i know it i just feel like i get more out of a spliff obviously so i feel slightly more justified in slowly killing myself that way :wink2:

Guest hahathhat

while i can't recall ever having wanted to quit fully, i have taken measures to vastly reduce the amount i smoke, if only because i was waking up with coughing fits at 5am.

- Best thing to do is to keep busy. I can have the bong packed, pristine, unhit, next to me for hours if I get into coding or writing a track. Heroin this is not, and if your mind is occupied, it can't fret about not getting high.

- "Just a little further" -- I've waited an hour to have a smoke, perhaps I can find something to do and wait another hour?

- Yes, exercise.

- Healthy rhythms -- wake up and go to bed at reasonable times, same time every day, don't booze too much because it fucks up your sleep (and if you're going to trade weed for booze, well... what are you accomplishing?), and your sleep cycles might be wonky already from quitting

Regarding cessation of cannabis completely -- In a week all the things that were fun high, but aren't sober, will start to be fun sober again.

Orally consume weed and go to a party so your sober motivation to go to the party makes you go and once you get there the weed food will set in and you'll be high and you'll begin to associate pleasurable human interaction with being high, also orally consuming weed removes just about all health risks associated with it.

Im quitting today as well. Im really pissed off because i have fuck all to do. I have no job, my friends are all gone at college, no girlfriend and no money.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO

and i love weed, im definitely going to smoke a lot more of it very soon, but ideally, i want to learn to control my consumption. When i have weed i just feel like i might as well be smoking it. A bowl in the morning before i get my day started, a bowl in the afternoon after exercise, a bowl after dinner (and subsequently every 1-2 hours after until bed. When i run out of weed, i usually take a month off before i feel like im ready to try again, i find it really easy not to buy weed.

And you know, i think i'd honestly not have such a goddamn problem with smoking all the time if i just had shit to do or people to hang out with.

or people to hang out with.

The problem for me is basically the opposite, even if I'm trying to cut back for a while I know if I go out with friends they're going to want to smoke and I don't have enough self control to pass on the offer.

or people to hang out with.

The problem for me is basically the opposite, even if I'm trying to cut back for a while I know if I go out with friends they're going to want to smoke and I don't have enough self control to pass on the offer.

ditto.

it's a bad time to think about quitting pot by the way.

now for the harder question quitting weed a lone is difficult but how do you quit Spliffs?

the deadly but extremely pleasurable and addictive combo of nice tabacco rolled up with marijuana.....

ive been smoking these for too long and id like to at least be able to enjoy weed by itself again. the problem is ive never enjoyed the act of smoking weed, but tabacco has always felt smoother on my throat. I know it sounds odd but its true, so seperating both of these drugs from one another has been very hard for me

for anybody whos been addicted to the 'cone zone' like myself its almost as if you are ingesting a new and more addictive drug than just marijuana or tobacco by itself.

thats true, but something about tobacco smoking Vs weed smoking seems to cause significantly less damage.

also the leaf itself is carcinogenic no matter how its ingested. this is why its possible to get mouth cancer from chewing tobacco

Guest hahathhat

i have about a bowl of actual nugs left, but i'm not sure i want to go through that yet.

i have a lot of vaped weed, bong resin, roaches but those all taste terrible.

consequently, it's nearly 6pm and i haven't had a smoke yet today.

sucks to sit around waiting for your man to call back, and not knowing when more nugs will be about.

edit: fuck it, i'm packing one.

i sometimes think that smoking spliffs is better for you than smoking cigarettes because of the anticancer agents in the weed but what do i know.

I think its strange that you dont enjoy smoking weed by itself. Sure its harsh but people dont smoke it for its smooth musty draws.

try putting less and less weed in your cigs till its gone

or try putting less and less cigs in your weed till its gone

i sometimes think that smoking spliffs is better for you than smoking cigarettes because of the anticancer agents in the weed but what do i know.

I think its strange that you dont enjoy smoking weed by itself. Sure its harsh but people dont smoke it for its smooth musty draws.

well what i think happened is since ive been smoking spliffs for so long ive acclimated my throat to the spikey/burny tobacconess covering up the tickly harsh THC induced throat effects from smoking weed alone.

a lot of vetern weed smokers i know have built up a massively strong throat and/or just will power to hold in these tickly as hell hits, it just LOOKs extremely painful watching them smoke. I mean i guess if i want to continue to get as high as i want to without smoking tobacco i need one of those champion Theocide-ish throats as well.

its hard to explain why the tabocco seems to lessen the harshness of marijuana smoke, intuitively the opposite should be true

i get a lot of dirty looks and people complaining when i smoke weed around them in America because almost nobody here likes smoking spliffs, there is a strong hippy like rule with weed smoking similar to the 'dont do bad drugs' hippy mantra from the mid 70s when meth became popular.

I guess i should feel holier than thou for being a rasta or european elitist esque weed smoker but most of the time i feel kind of excluded from the social aspects of weed for this reason

Guest hahathhat

there are a lot of muscles involved in smoking -- you learn where to usher it along and where to encourage it to linger.

just like drinking beer.

Guest David R James

I find it the complete opposite ,clean spliffs unsatisfying me they have no bite, its as tho the smokes weaker, but the tobacco adds it for me so i guess everyones different.

Guest David R James

oh i dont smoke tobacco on it own i just mean in spliffs. For most people in the uk its just not viable to smoke blunt spills because of the price of weed and because of the demand, there is often terrible dry spells unless u know a shed load of dealers.

Edit: anyway this an anti weed quiting post, so best not encourage it, plus it makes me want a smoke and that aint 'appenin

why is there such a dry spell in the UK ? are the rents sky high there are something?

with indoor cultivation being so widespread these days i would imagine it wouldnt be that much different from obtaining weed in the united states, but it does vary heavily depending on what state you visit.

why is there such a dry spell in the UK ? are the rents sky high there are something?

with indoor cultivation being so widespread these days i would imagine it wouldnt be that much different from obtaining weed in the united states, but it does vary heavily depending on what state you visit.

maybe it has something to do with the decline in shipping (smuggling) the last few months and maybe the crisis as a whole or something?

i'm starting to notice a decline in overall quality here (netherlands), sometimes shops get a real shitty strain for a few weeks

Guest David R James

Yeah its based on ur location, big citys it maybe different but in quieter areas thing are harder.

Things just go dry all of a sudden, its mostly because u rely on certain people to get it and they arent always gona have constant supply. If u know a grower ur sorted obviously if u dont ur not. A summer about 2 years ago the police went on a massive raiding spree and everywhere went dry, and then there was an epidemic of contaminated weed (grit weed) to bulk up weight. At one stage almost any weed that u got from an unknown source was dangerous and it is still around today.

Alot of the weed in the uk is apparently grown by vietnimese imigrant gangs but i know no one who knows one.

Edit: 600 post :smiling:

Archived