IGNORED

Quitting Weed

Guest Grizz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well... it's belgium

main exports: paedos, chips or 'fries' if you're transatlantically challenged (which they advertise with a statue of a little boy having a piss), and bureaucracy

yeah, it's 4:15 am and i'm not tired at all. this is one side effect of suddenly decreasing smokage

Thats one of the worst things about quitting. I get up at 5am and have 3 housemates so even quiet noises from the house keep me up. Reading a book for an hour before bed solves this for me.

on Day 3 now, head feels shitloads clearer and I've been amazingly chipper but I expected all this. Already been drinking though and I dont usually bother. I also remembered that last time I quit I ended up having Cocaine and E a lot more when drunk on a night out, which culminated in one giant session which left me with a horrific 3 day comedown and questioning what the fuck I was doing. This led me to believe that weed was much better than alcohol or alternatives and I went back to smoking again.

I usually pick up weekly on a Wednesday so I'll possibly be smoking again next week, see how it goes. Its just nice to be refreshed at the moment.

Thanks for the opinions, helped me anaylse the situation.

maybe just tone down your weed smoking?

i used to smoke a few bowls a day for a year or so, then it started doing my head in.

nowadays weed is the only drug besides an occasional red bull of coffee that I use.

usually what I do now, is literally smoke one hit and let that sit for a half hour or so, and see if i want to continue, most of the time i dont need to get any more than one or two hits....i cant even really deal with getting uber fucking stoned anymore..

if you say you're heavily addicted and have almost no control about consumption but you've got will to change it. the realistic way would be to first to realize that something is really wrong by reflecting your current state with some reliable information about substance-addiction. and than to make the honest decision wheter or not to work hard&structured in a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy . insight&comphrension of addiction is not enough, you actually have to develop active counterstrategies.

Guest AOOproductions
what's anyones consideration on the difference with quitting weed compared to hash? any experiences?

well you see, hash is harder to quit... because it so fuckin amazing.

Guest hahathhat

dr. penison, i think it was, posted a thread on trying DMT. in it, he mentioned how his DMT-providing friend had a BRICK of hash in his fridge.

i'm not much for goals, but, well, now i got one.

Archived