IGNORED

broken bones thread

Guest JohnTqs

Guest JohnTqs

i've never broken a bone before, but this happened to my bro a while back. the night before this incident, we had lost our dog. so he went out on his bike to put up some flyers . he was riding on the bikepath downhill with one hand, holding on to the flyers with the other hand, and he tried to brake. the brakes on this bike were notoriously bad, you had to squeeze them all the way in to brake at all and they would sqeak really really loudly. so the brakes didn't help and he just kept picking up speed, then the bike started to swerve (because there wasn't much air in the tires), he fell over the top of the bike going pretty fast and broke both of his wrists by bending them so that his fingers could touch the underside of his arm (the part that touches your hips when you put your arms by your side). he was supposed to go to summercamp the next week but had to cancel. he was pissed.

share your broken bones stories.

i broke 7 of my fingers playing drums that were improperly set up, don't ask.

i have broken most of my toes, 4 of them cause my mom slammed them in the front door when i was 8 and 3 when my girlfriend stepped on the toes when they were hanging off the edge of a stair. this time i was drunk enough and got so drunk that i didn't get them looked at for a couple days when i realised my inability to walk was a problem.

i also broke my right hand playing tether ball by missing the ball and smashing my fist into the metal pole. i think it wound up in a "hand" and wrist break. this, again, took time cause i knew my hand hurt but didn't think it was bad enough to get checked out. i've dislocated my shoulder twice though, it makes a weird sound. my hands are shit now btw.

also many huge sprains. not as cool but the bruising is fucking metal.

Guest bitroast

never broke anything. the thought of breaking a bone scares me for this very reason though. have no idea what it's like but i can only image it'd be terrible.

my cousin described breaking his toe when his was young and how he had to hug a pillow while the doctor rammed his toe back into place with his palm. that sounds shit.

Guest hahathhat

i was walking into a train station, some hispanic guys were taking up the whole sidewalk, so instead of walk around them i tried to cut through their line, they knocked me over kicked me a few times and broke my nose before some nice gentleman scared them off. wouldn't break a line of hispanic hoods again.

Guest ezkerraldean

broke my wrist once through falling over while running on a carpark. it was my left wrist, and i'm left handed. and this was the day before my first of about 5 exams. wasn't fun.

my best mate broke my nose in what he assures me was an accident and I broke my elbow by falling off the top of a volkswagen beetle which i was dancing on in the rain.

Guest JohnTqs
never broke anything. the thought of breaking a bone scares me for this very reason though. have no idea what it's like but i can only image it'd be terrible.

i feel the same way

Guest frank belko

i broke my elbow when was seven on halloween. it was like the third time or so i was ninja and for some reason this time the sleeves were too long and i was climbing on some monkey bars, slipped on my ninja sleeve and fell and my elbow landed on a rock. i spent the rest of my halloween in the hospital.

broke my wrist climbing over a fence. i basically tripped on the top of it and landed on some concrete wrist first. i remember seeing my wrist literally bounce off the concrete.

then i broke my finger while playing soccer. i thought it was just really badly jammed, but i went to the doctor a few months later and he was like "yup, it's broken, but there's nothing we can do about." so now my finger has this really weird bend to it.

Guest Stoppit

Broke both the bones in my forearm playing football, and possibly broke my toe...although I'm not sure about that one...

also once bit all the way through my tongue so it was hanging off...I wouldn't recommend it

Archived