IGNORED

oscar the terrible

delet...

or buying cigarettes ....

so i've moved on to an 1 litre jack daniels ... not for the occasion but because the bastard was on special yolL ...and the last bottle had disapeared ... syphoned off by my morning self .. that just minutes before had been enjoying the ending renderings of what was a precious brew slash distilled gruel ...

anyway .. i don't normally sit through these things ... but today i happen to be here ... not enjoying the fact thaqt anything that doesn't box office in the US gets ignored ... dismayed at the fact that apparently only US cG is appropriate for consideration .. in this contest for one single tiny brainless nation ... ala the fucking best effects award goes to i live action pik ...

but yep ... what brought out the need to print a thread in honour of this gaestation event ...

heh .. when presenting the nomineez for best woman ... they teamed joli with kidman ... HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH ... totally suitable ...

comment re: cerecrony ..

lol shaun(sp) penn ... no shit ... i must run upstairs and mock a flatmate ... i said more than half of holiwood was gae damnit ... well at least those with votes ... and i was right .... either best pik or actor ... and i got one boilt from hard blue .. [she's playing japanese guys on ps3 in little big planet .. (re: flatmate .. lol) .. ] ...

lets see about picture eh .. ;-] ... it'll have to be the shanty town movie ..

unbless i can't button up my fly ..

Guest David R James

Im quite chuffed about Slumdog millionaire and Danny Boyle. Ive havent seen it and probably wont but still.

Who'd of thought a 'Skins' character would be in an oscar winning film just a year later.

acting in holocaust movies, acting gay or retarded seems to be a surefire way to get oscars. also if you die.

I was just reminded of the speech about the Oscars RDJ's character does in Tropic Thunder. Now I'm wondering if they gave him a nomination out of spite or something.

Guest Soothsayer

I find it funny you'd talk about serious business and then post a mourning thread in earnest for a celebrity's dog whom you never met. Serious business, indeed...

And combatting someone being smug with "they're hot", really just stands to make them seem even more smug.

acting in holocaust movies, acting gay or retarded seems to be a surefire way to get oscars. also if you die.

didn't winslet say something like that in Extras

yes, 3:30 in

Guest AOOproductions

The only reason sean penn won is because of all the social and political shit he's contributed to hollywood over the years, and it only add's to it when the movie is about a socio/political issue like Gay rights. Not only that, but Micky Rourke hasn't exactly been the most pro-hollywood person, more or less an outsider from the scene. The oscars and the hollywood insiders are a cult and you have to play they're game to win. Micky Not winning isn't exactly a big surprise.

The category that usually represents originally, Independent releases, and artistic vision is always Original Screenplay. Look at the winners of that over the years, it's always the people who are most unknown to the hollywood circuit and least appreciated by the big names.

I find it funny you'd talk about serious business and then post a mourning thread in earnest for a celebrity's dog whom you never met. Serious business, indeed...

And combatting someone being smug with "they're hot", really just stands to make them seem even more smug.

oe noe ... ie kuldnt bee mor smug .. noesiree ..

[heh]

didn't winslet say something like that in Extras

yes, 3:30 in

hahahahah fucking awesome play my friend .. well done ..

Archived