IGNORED

I wanna go traveling

Guest my usernames always really suck

Guest my usernames always really suck

So I've been out of work since November and have a shitload of cash I've saved up.

I'm getting frustrated in my job hunt and want to just fucking travel for a month instead.

What can I get done with a $7k cap, WATMM? What countries are good to visit considering the US Dollar, and what countries will be too expensive for American currency?

I've a feeling Japan is out of the question. I've also considered the possibility of visiting Germany where half my family is, though I have to remember these days my cousins are now middle-aged adults with real lives and full time jobs who probably wouldn't have time to travel with me around the rural countryside like we used to when I was a kid.

It's mostly remote locations I've had in mind. I really would like to see Iceland some day, but holy shit plane tickets alone are $3,000 FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Really, I'm about as un-travel-wise as they come. Feed me information, WATMM, please!

Guest Al Hounos

south / central america or eastern europe are cool places where your money goes far. and forget iceland, even Danish people think that place is expensive. that's saying something.

Guest abusivegeorge

I say the same I say to everyone about travelling, visit Prague (Chezc Republic), Aachen in Germany and Venice, and knob chicks in all 3. Although this will probably only cost you about $3500 of your American Dollers, if not less, so the rest just spunk.

Guest Drahken

Places I've been that are really inexpensive (once you get there) that I would recommend:

Philippines

Peru

The Philippines by far takes the cake for me of those two, but that probably has more to do with my connections there than anything else. None the less if you want to go somewhere warm and sunny with beautiful women and friendly people its a great spot to go. Really inexpensive, especially if you go away from the major metropolitan areas. The locals will literally bend over backwards to accommodate you. I had one hotel owner on Bohol boil water for me every morning so I could take a hot shower. I'd advise against flying into Manila unless you want to see stuff on Luzon. The only spots on Luzon I'd recommend is the rice fields, Hidden Valley (natural springs), and if you can find someone to take you, the hills with all the 'greenage'. Otherwise I'd recommend flying to Cebu City which is a lot smaller, cleaner and otherwise travel friendly than Manila. Your also a short hydrofoil ride from Bohol island - which you'd most definitely want to visit to see the Chocolate Hills. Some of the best scuba diving in the world on Panglaou, which is on the shore of Bohol. You can get certified for scuba in a week for a couple hundred, quite a bargain over the states.

Japan was awesome as well, unbelievably awesome for me, but unless you have friends over there lodging can get pricey. I still have wicked bouts of nostalgia whenever I smell diesel trucks. If i had the money, thats where you'd probably find me.

Guest greenbank

i'd go to germany, latvia, poland or the czech republic - quality scenery and not bad prices. or come to scotland, see what expensive cold drizzle is like.

I would backpack through Europe when it gets warm, to be honest. I've never been to Europe and really want to go before it's too late.

Guest abusivegeorge
ah yes czech republic!! great place to go

go to prague or italy, learn about kafka

You never read any of the thread before posting did you?

Archived