IGNORED

I didn't know Joyrex made music

beneboi

i know brian ellis and i had a pretty good laugh while he was making the tracks.

it was my understanding that since he has a pretty relaxed job that he has to be present at (customers don't come in too often) he just has a shitload of time to pump out music on his laptop and those songs (some of them) take longer to listen to than they did to make. if he was a person with a normal music productivity rate i would say your observation was a somewhat pwn but like the Wisps and Mileu's of the world Brian E can pump out music ridiculously fast, the rate in which he sends me new complete sounding mixdowns is pretty astouding

Maybe they just thought it was funny? A lot of other people certainly did. And i imagine making those songs mustve been entertaining... making that myspace wouldve taken an hour tops. You guys act like youve never wasted time doing something silly.

edit: wow im getting a lot of top page posts today

yeah i mean lots of people had the same take on my brian tregaskin myspace page and autechre hoax trying to psychoanalyze why i did it instead of just having a good laugh. not saying cats on earth was personally offended by the Joyrex tracks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod
i'm struggling to find the point in all of this. i mean, is it supposed to be a total burn that someone went through all the trouble of setting up a myspace page, typing all those captchas, waiting for the confirmation email, activating the account, making 5 or 6 tracks (with some amount of work put into them), sitting there and individually uploading each track using myspace's incredibly clunky interface and then on top of that taking the initiative to actively go around searching for people to add as friends as well...and returning to the page several times to update and post new songs...all for the sake of making fun of a guy who made an internet messageboard that they got banned from?

because last i checked that was pretty fucking lame.

jesus christ, way to take everything too seriously. the tracks made me laugh and i highly doubt it took more than half an hour to make that myspace. who cares? you write paragraphs and paragraphs on this board that are maybe read by two or three people all for the sake of convincing someone like me that i shouldn't troll your favorite tv show and i could easily say that's a complete waste of time. but you do it and it's fine, because that's how you're gonna spend some free time. i'm actually impressed that brian ellis took the time to do this, it's funny and it gets funnier when he continually updates the tracks. the more elaborate it is the funnier it is.

so making fun of joyrex is funny, but making fun of the guy who spent hours and hours on a myspace prank is taking things too seriously?

Guest zaphod

well, yes, since cats is just being sanctimonious and not actually funny. so, he is taking things seriously, whereas brian e obviously isn't. if catsonearth wants to actually, like, be funny, instead of just getting on a high horse about things, then maybe we can talk.

well, yes, since cats is just being sanctimonious and not actually funny. so, he is taking things seriously, whereas brian e obviously isn't. if catsonearth wants to actually, like, be funny, instead of just getting on a high horse about things, then maybe we can talk.

sentiment shared

lol the bitterness in those songs, plus the fact that theo and co. set up their own forum bashing everything WATMM, makes it hard to believe that he's taking it all in good stride. i think the shit is funny as hell, but cmon guys.

Guest zaphod

yeah i'm not defending theocide. i don't think his little forum is funny, i'm just defending brian ellis and these tracks.

i'm struggling to find the point in all of this. i mean, is it supposed to be a total burn that someone went through all the trouble of setting up a myspace page, typing all those captchas, waiting for the confirmation email, activating the account, making 5 or 6 tracks (with some amount of work put into them), sitting there and individually uploading each track using myspace's incredibly clunky interface and then on top of that taking the initiative to actively go around searching for people to add as friends as well...and returning to the page several times to update and post new songs...all for the sake of making fun of a guy who made an internet messageboard that they got banned from?

because last i checked that was pretty fucking lame.

to be honest it seems just as lame to bitch about it on said forum.

if aphex did it it'd be awesome.

anyway, who the fuck cares.

Guest IRARI

i don't love brian e

i don't love theocide

i don't love watmm.com

frankly i don't love nothing they got to do with

Guest abusivegeorge

Despite liking all the members on the xltronic apart from dickyboi, it's such a fucking shit arse boring site and a total waste of time lol.

Guest my usernames always really suck

so I'm thinking of getting my hair cut tomorrow but last time i went about 8 months ago the barber gave me a haircut like a woman

should i take my chances this time watmm?

Guest Iain C

Most traditional barber shops, although they're lovely places, are generally pretty crap at giving you anything other than a short back and sides. Swallow your pride and go to a salon. You even get a woman shampooing your hair and touching your head.

Alternative, get a short back and sides you hippie.

Archived