IGNORED

J Dilla - Jay Stay Paid

takeshi

From Prefixmag.com

"Jay Stay Paid, a 25 track collection of beats"

"Mixed and arranged by Pete Rock, the album is mostly instrumental, but features a few familiar voices such as Black Thought and MF Doom"

June can't get here soon enough.

bb13222b2f5a4bdf8db5f68db978cef4.jpg

FUCK YES! Dilla 4 life! I picked up the Yancy Brothers intrumental and it just didnt do it for me.

Stones Throw release?

so is j dilla now tupac and odb with like 10 unfinished (but finished by someone else) albums coming out after he's dead

Pretty much. He was insanely prolific.

Anyone listened to J. Rocc's newest 'Thank You Jay Dee' Mix? Bananas.

Guest Rogueofmv
so is j dilla now tupac and odb with like 10 unfinished (but finished by someone else) albums coming out after he's dead

Who wants to write the biopic screenplay?

Love jdilla, but let a motherfucka rip

Seeing as how his two daughters and mother are still alive, I'd think he probably wouldn't have a problem with people releasing his shit, as long as they're getting the money.

Seeing as how his two daughters and mother are still alive, I'd think he probably wouldn't have a problem with people releasing his shit, as long as they're getting the money.

according to this article LINK that i read on Stones Throw a while back... his family does not make a dime off dilla's shit since his passing. That's why Stones Throw keeps pushing all this Ma Dukes merch' to help fund her and her family.

Guest blicero

yeah, no one wants to hear all the amazing beats that were never released, or only put out on rare beat tapes...

fuck off

according to this article LINK that i read on Stones Throw a while back... his family does not make a dime off dilla's shit since his passing. That's why Stones Throw keeps pushing all this Ma Dukes merch' to help fund her and her family.

Yeah, I'd heard she's been having problems getting the money from his releases. Hopefully this release will be different. I assume it will since she (Ma Dukes) is listed as the producer.

Cool, I definitely be checking this out, especailly since pete rock pieced it together and that the $ appear to be going to his family as they should

But seriously though there's a fine line between paying tribute and cashing in, and each one of these posthumous releases inches closer to that line

and each one of these posthumous releases inches closer to that line

thats kind of why i mentioned the ODB tupac comparison, its cool to get his unreleased stuff but at a certain point who is cashing in on this and where are they getting it from? I guess in general i just don't automatically trust that say 'these are purely jdillas beats' some snarky fucker could be releasing his own stuff under dillas name and he could go undetected.

there is no verification for chain of custody as far as i can tell.

sorry to be so negative but being a hoaxing person myself i am a tiny bit disturbed by this phenomenon

Guest awsbyern
some snarky fucker could be releasing his own stuff under dillas name and he could go undetected.

only people whose ears are broken would not detect it

dilla lived for his beats... any interview I have read/watched regarding him all revolved around the same theme that he lived in his studio... the dude probably chopped records in his sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if they are still releasing beat tapes of his 10 years from now.

I hope it's not, I'm really looking forward to this, especially after the absymal 'Jay Loves Japan' bootleg/official release/whatever it was. "Can't You See" is still one of my favorite dilla tracks, though.

Guest AOOproductions

ill look into this for sure. if its as good as say donuts and has a couple well known MC's rippin on it, then why not?

Archived