IGNORED

Bon Voyage

Alzado

I went to a going away party on Saturday night to bid farewell to a good friend. He's moving 700 miles away for a new job. He and I worked together for two years, ending in 2004, and we've remained close over the past five subsequent years. He is a kind, gentle soul, unlike anyone else I've ever known. He's the type of person who challenges you to be better by simply being as good as he is. He listens to the quite people with sincere interest. He's a wonderful guy and has been a dear friend. My young daughters love him to death.

I've been fortunate to have many close friends in my life. And, as I've gotten older, I've realized that people pass in and out of our lives. But no one has left a mark on me like my friend Jim. I will truly miss him. We will keep in touch and I'm happy for him that he's found a new opportunity. But things just won't be quite the same without him around.

Guest blicero
sorry blicero. i'll start a thread making fun of some poor girl with disabilities instead.

thank you. i can't wait.

you posted this thread so people would give you shit, right? i mean, you've been to this forum before, right?

that's like my work friend marketing steve. he comes around here sometimes. i suck at keeping track of people via phone and lately email as well. it's tough. but if marketing steve were here we'd go have lunch together and talk about hard nights. i named my last ep hard nights because it's an in joke between us. (not gay).

Guest glasse

i think the avatar is hurting you in a thread like this. people can't help but associate it as the photo that goes with the article, even though they know better consciously.

i will go ahead and do a hijack to say bon voyage to the danzig thread. you were a beautiful rose that got clipped before your time. it is too bad that you can't account for taste, particularly the poor taste of the powers that be. you will be forever missed.

in all seriousness good friends are hard to come by and even harder to replace. make sure to keep in touch with this person.

Guest glasse

thrown out like a baby with the bathwater, to the nonsense/crap heap.

nonsense/crap would be really awesome if i could add new posts. i would stay there exclusively.

I feel as though I've not really had a truly close friend like that. I've had acquaintances, lovers, friends, "best friends", and coworkers over the years, but I was never particularly heartbroken to see any of them go, and often dissolved contact of my own accord. Maybe one day I'll stumble upon that kind of connection, but for now I'm surrounded by superficiality; people who are simply waiting for their turn to talk, not really conversing and exchanging ideas in a truer sense. Everyone I've ever known just wanted a person to fill the void of self-doubt and loneliness, someone to talk at not to, someone serving as an ornament to keep near as though to say "If I have people around, I'm not really lonely." This has never been the foundation of an enjoyable relationship for me, and they usually fall apart after a year or so. I suppose that fault lies on me for expecting too much out of people, but I can't escape the feeling that there's some deeper connection out there besides discussing the weather, latest movie, or bullshit that was on television the night prior. I guess the problem lies in me, not them.

Guest assegai
gay

That's a geniuLOL™. I was thinking the same thing. And I agree with

Autopilot:

I feel as though I've not really had a truly close friend like that. I've had acquaintances, lovers, friends, "best friends", and coworkers over the years, but I was never particularly heartbroken to see any of them go, and often dissolved contact of my own accord. Maybe one day I'll stumble upon that kind of connection, but for now I'm surrounded by superficiality; people who are simply waiting for their turn to talk, not really conversing and exchanging ideas in a truer sense. Everyone I've ever known just wanted a person to fill the void of self-doubt and loneliness, someone to talk at not to, someone serving as an ornament to keep near as though to say "If I have people around, I'm not really lonely." This has never been the foundation of an enjoyable relationship for me, and they usually fall apart after a year or so. I suppose that fault lies on me for expecting too much out of people, but I can't escape the feeling that there's some deeper connection out there besides discussing the weather, latest movie, or bullshit that was on television the night prior. I guess the problem lies in me, not them.

Although I do have one "best-friend" that I've known my whole life.

The other "best friends" I actually feel more disconnected with them than most other people I know.

Archived