Phobias

Squee

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mrcopyandpaste

yes?

of?

oh i get you. what i mean to say is i dont have a phobia in the way most people use the word, like i dont shit my pants when i see a milk bottle. i just dont like it and theres no real reason. i could drink milk out of an unchecked bottle if you forced me too.

FUCK!!!!

SHIT...

FUCK!!

OH SHIT

FAPS

i dunno how to put it exactly, afraid of my place burning down. ever since i can remember.

doesn't help that the last 2 apartment buildings i've lived in, the building next to mine has seriously caught fire. and one building i was working in caught fire big time while i was working in it.

cursed or lucky?

Guest JohnTqs
i dunno how to put it exactly, afraid of my place burning down. ever since i can remember.

doesn't help that the last 2 apartment buildings i've lived in, the building next to mine has seriously caught fire. and one building i was working in caught fire big time while i was working in it.

cursed or lucky?

hehe, reminds of me of this news story i saw on the tv when i was young. an old lady was in a house burning down and was the only one to make it out alive. and she said that whenever anyone tells her that she was lucky, she slaps them in the face. She was pissed about losing all her shit.

Guest Franklin

I'm deathly afraid of insect eggs, and pretty repulsed by roe.

Oh fuck Yegg, I hate insect eggs too--I also don't like frog egg clusters in the water but pollywogs are cute as a button.

I can't believe this thread came up. I am a straight-up anxiety ridden neurotic, let me count the ways

Flying--once took 11 mg. of xanax for a 3 hour flight from LA to Kansas City. The airport staff asked my wife if I would be needing a wheelchair when I got off.

Disease contraction--I work in autopsy specifically because you can suit up like going to the moon and use caustic chemicals on everything, including the body. Fluids and people are unpredictable when alive *shudders*

Cigarettes--people smoking fills me with anxiety and dread in a way I can barely describe. These smoking bans have been setting me free

Death--I can get rational and be my normal naturalistic self and accept death as a final recycle bin to the Earth. Then, I get the "Pascal's Wager" fear like--what if God will be pissed at my sins and send me to hell? FML

Snakes--I can't go for that, no can do

Insanity or brain damage--although, I guess if it was done right, I wouldn't know the difference anyway

Sweating--I'm afraid that when I do things in front of others, I will sweat so much that they'll think something is wrong, which will make me explain that everything's okay, which will make me sweat more from anxiety, etc.

yall are fucked.

seriously though, if anyone has questions about getting rid of phobias you can hit me up. I specialize in phobia and ptsd recovery.

This stuff is not hard to fix--if you can do enough stimulus desensitization and habituation, you can conquer anything. The problem is like calling a moving company who says they can move an apartment. You realize you have a mansion to move and so the time and money needed would be legendary.

to paraphrase your post: "I could get better because the theory of basic CBT and desensitization is easy, but on the other hand my problems are too many and too complicated, so I will just continue to live with them"

This is a pretty common rationale of course, but you can see the avoidance pretty clearly. of course the money concern is legit and a real barrier for most... but the time factor shouldn't worry you too much, you've prolly got a lot of years left to live right?

Guest assegai
I have a fear of being rejected.

I have a fear that people may not like me, which causes a reaction in me that thinks "Fuck them I don't care if they like me or not" this is actualy a defense mechanism of fear.

Hm, that got me thinking...

i believe i have a needle phobia

last time i got a shot / blood drawn

the cops had to force me

:( not a good day

that's fine if you also get decreased libido. But the state I'm in, due to high blood pressure from job stress and perhaps other factors, is the little guy isn't as lively as he once was...but my libido remains unabated.

Have started going to the gym tho, so hopefully that will fix it.

Guest tv_party

large centipedes or spiders. saw one of those (above) at least 3 inches long in body, walking up a curtain next to me in the middle of the day. a bit schocking.

I used to have an irrational fear of being hit by someone at random.

Then, I randomly got hit in the face on my street.

Now I have a rational fear of being hit by someone at random.

Archived