IGNORED

Phobias

Squee

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Deep Fried Everything

getting (electrically) shocked

i'd only say a phobia because i got to extreme lengths to make sure it doesn't happen, it's a primal sort of reaction and i seem to (over)react whenever it happens.

getting (electrically) shocked

i'd only say a phobia because i got to extreme lengths to make sure it doesn't happen, it's a primal sort of reaction and i seem to (over)react whenever it happens.

same with me and having my head completely underwater. needless to say i cannot swim, but am halfway through swimming lessons now :/

Guest Deep Fried Everything
same with me and having my head completely underwater. needless to say i cannot swim, but am halfway through swimming lessons now :/

wow, really? i'm sure you're not alone but that's quite odd. how did you react to having baths when you were little, did you scare the shit out of your parents? lol

you can swim without having your head underwater, but you can't swim *well (or quickly)... so are you now putting your head underwater as the result of these lessons?

wow, really? i'm sure you're not alone but that's quite odd. how did you react to having baths when you were little, did you scare the shit out of your parents? lol

you can swim without having your head underwater, but you can't swim *well (or quickly)... so are you now putting your head underwater as the result of these lessons?

i dont know how i reacted when i was little but i always remember not liking to go underwater.

when my head is underwater my mind just screams to get above water. it is hard to control, but yes, i am trying to control it for these classes and i am doing everything they are teaching. i feel like once i have the breathing down and learn to relax when my face is underwater it will go better.

Guest Rogueofmv

Holy God, that would hurt like a motherfucker tearing your chest in half and feeding on your warm, tasty innards.

Only instead of your chest, it's your urethra... :sick:

Newayz, my only fears are heights, intense pain, and not knowing how I'm going to die.

Oh, and failure.

Guest Quixote

horses. and other animals larger than me. but mainly horses.

i grew up on a farm. never got kicked, but got bit by a horse once. it made a big swollen red "0" shape across my chest/torso. i was five years old. my friend, the one throwing shit at the horse to piss it off in the first place, ran away and left me to cry alone.

I hate fear horses and i hate that guy

insects and bugs in general

spiders being the top most feared

also people restraining me or getting in my way, i go fucking mental when anyone tries to stop me from continuing on my intended path be it to get toast or steamroll some cunt with my fist.

when i was a kid and had a high fever i used to have nightmares about a thread aligning around the revolving tube. it seemed a very delicate procedure and could go wrong very easily, causing the thread fly all around the space making a terrible, irreversible mess, and because the thread was not aligning to the tube anymore the space around it inflated out of its proportion and i could feel its weight on my chest. the fear of this happening was so immense i was scared to death by it. i used to scream and run around the house in delirium.

also i'm scared of suffocation and repulsed by needles.

Guest mrcopyandpaste

whats peoples problem with snakes? im not hating, even though i have one as a pet, ive just never been afraid of them and would like to know what it is that people fear so much about our reptilian limbless friends

arent insect phobias just psychological residue of a time were we lived in the jungle and snakes, spiders and colourful insects actually posed a serious threat to our survival? im not sure theres any particular reason.

most bugs are scary to me but wasps fucking terrify me. partly because they're gross, the sound they make, but also because most of my family is deathly allergic to them, whereas I've never been stung and don't know.

I think it's a shame because I can appreciate the interesting forms of them, wasps and alot of bugs look really cool, but it's hard to get past the disgusting factor i compulsively associate to them.

It's hard to describe the phobia. where you look at a bug, you might just look at the bug. when I look at a bug, I feel a hundred of them crawling down my throat, trying to get into every orifice, etc. I mentally exaggerate their limbs and what they do.. It's just like, I subconsciously feel they're expressing "I'm coming to get you." with their buzzing and movement. It's also like another member pointed out, that they're abit irrational and erratic in their flight.

Actually, Insects and Spiders are more predictable than most other animals, they're like little robots that just react, unlike more complex animals that might well jump at you for no apparent reason. Insects won't do stuff like that, and they're usually very "clean" compared to our beloved cute furry little cuddle friends with all their hidden mite- and tick-business going on. I prefer letting stick insects walk over my arm over petting someone's mangey little hospitalistic guinea pig :angry:

I dislike (not a phobia, just random dislike) tinfoil with water drops on it and the noise in your head when your teeth scrape against the wooden stick of a popsicle. I don't mind any of the usual "scratch the blackboard"-esque noises at all. It's just that one.

My real fears are mostly quite rational I guess... Being afraid of height or of flying makes sense to a degree. I don't want to fall either. I once notified some employee at the Madrid airport after accidentally observing a little black hose-like object falling out of some hatchway of the plane we were supposed to get on and got laughed at for doing so by the people who were with me, and I still think it's kind of foolish of them to just blindly trust the mechanics without questioning them at all.

I'm watching a show about bugs that lay eggs on or in other animals... ewwwww!

ewww.jpg

EDIT: Hmmm... now they're talking about bugs that have been living inside 3 dead people...

Guest Caustic

repost for sheer nightmare factor

i'm glad we live in a country full of animals that can only give you a mild nip.

and big dogs.

Guest bitroast

spiders - although i haven't come across any bad ass spiders lately so it's not too bad. had a cubby house as a child, but as we grew older we never went in it. over time it became this small dirty cubby house with whole bunch of redback spiders chilling back in toys and corners.

i think i've got a phobia to bees and wasps. i get totally scared when around them despite knowing they wont do anything unless i do something to them, but i still get piss scared and i guess thats what makes it an irrational fear as opposed to a fear of something like spiders which most people are scared of anyway.

i didn't see anything on a phobia list for "afraid of flying objects like heliocopters or small aircraft directly above me while i'm driving!"

Archived