IGNORED

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

Guest Stoppit

Guest melotronic

two things about this week's episode

1. stewart lee began ranting about jack dee and his copying of curb your enthusiasm/moody humour - me and my mates pointed out from episode one lee is clearly doing a jack dee impression in this show, he's dressed in a dee-like way, moans about stuff, even the beginning sequence reminds me of jack dee's happy hour. so as much as i love stewart lee, fucking hell pot kettle black hypocrite.

2. he needs to either stop getting drunk during the show or stop being self-pityingly depressed in a mid-life crisis, watching the old, past-it, fat, grey presenter of a comedy show vocally wishing for death isn't that funny

i miss fresh-faced 90s lee :fear:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
me and my mates pointed out from episode one lee is clearly doing a jack dee impression in this show, he's dressed in a dee-like way, moans about stuff, even the beginning sequence reminds me of jack dee's happy hour. so as much as i love stewart lee, fucking hell pot kettle black hypocrite.

Balls. Although they both share some of the dry wit in delivery, their styles and content of their stand up are utterly different. Whereas Dee generally covers day-to-day moanings about why everything is all so gloomy, Lee (fuck - Dee and Lee what's that all about !) tends to cover much wider (and usually much darker) topics and critiques the absurdities of the topics in quite a literary fashion.

Guest Stoppit

'I got the individually wrapped biscuits, and I chewed them up in my mouth, until they were a paste; like a wasp would do'

Guest melotronic
me and my mates pointed out from episode one lee is clearly doing a jack dee impression in this show, he's dressed in a dee-like way, moans about stuff, even the beginning sequence reminds me of jack dee's happy hour. so as much as i love stewart lee, fucking hell pot kettle black hypocrite.

Balls. Although they both share some of the dry wit in delivery, their styles and content of their stand up are utterly different. Whereas Dee generally covers day-to-day moanings about why everything is all so gloomy, Lee (fuck - Dee and Lee what's that all about !) tends to cover much wider (and usually much darker) topics and critiques the absurdities of the topics in quite a literary fashion.

oh yeah, no i agree, all i meant was it struck us as odd how, in the point of his career where he shares the most superficial similarities with dee, lee (tut, too much assonance, you're right) begins drawing attention to it by publically berating dee jack dee. when to be frank, stewart lee isn't quite on career best. although i agree he is better

• 4 weeks later...

"The show received a negative review in Time Out, which described Lee as "fat" and his performance as "positively Neanderthal, suggesting a jungle-dwelling pygmy, struggling to coax notes out of a clarinet that has fallen from a passing aircraft", however, this in fact was a satirical "self-review" by Lee himself."

wow, wasn't expecting a stewart lee thread on the watmms

great stuff, i think the extra red button content is my favourite stuff though. really funny

no one else here knows who he is though...so i dont get to talk about him much

coffee and a nan

Guest maoam

halfway through but does the fat beardo get up and swing for him?

also lee looks like terry christian/sam allardyce

i watched two and a half hours of lee on the youtube last night. you know, the youtube, you see it on the telly. it on, y'know the computers as well, i had... an error the other day - had to install the latest version of adobe flash.

anyway; i saw stewart lee on my computer using the youtube. like justin lee collins has on that show on sky, you see it on the telly. y'know the computers as well, i had... an error the other day - had to install the latest version of adobe flash.

i had... an error the other day - had to install the latest version of adobe flash. it fixed the problem, and then i watched two and a half hours of lee on the youtube last night. you know, the youtube, you see it on the telly. it on, y'know the computers as well, i had... an error the other day - had to install the latest version of adobe flash.

• 1 year later...
Guest Coalbucket PI

Holy tits, I didn't know this was back yet and now I'm mega ultra going to watch it

Not bad, enjoyed the mock inability to deliver a stupid gag.

too much meta-comedy in this episode imo. still the best comedian going though.

Guest jim

Not bad, enjoyed the mock inability to deliver a stupid gag.

too much meta-comedy in this episode imo. still the best comedian going though.

Yeah I agree. I think he was using the first episode to comment on the critical reception of the last series so hopefully he'll move on to something else with the next episode.

Archived