IGNORED

5 star meals

Guest weed

so we've all been there, are currently there....just end up there when the food starts to run out.

what are your best creations with the random food left over in your pantry - fridge - or freezer?

Like the food items you wouldn't usually fix for yourself yet in any desperate time...could pull together a 5 star meal?

recipes and pictures wanted :) lol

1. boil a bunch of water

2. throw in a bunch of chopped up vegetables (carrot, potato, celery, etc.)

3. add herbs, chilli, pasta and salt to taste

4. cook for a while and then you have awesome soup!

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud
Nowadays I just eat out when that happens.

lol wheres your creative side?

I leave it at work.

Guest ms-dos

they're only five starts if you're using a scale of 100, but store brand hot dogs are super affordable. if you actually put them in pieces of bread (buns are too expensive) and do them up with condiments, you can get some precious calories and carbs on the cheap without feeling disgusted.

how about

take 8 items or less from your fridge -pantry - freezer right now and see what you could make with it

Guest bitroast
they're only five starts if you're using a scale of 100, but store brand hot dogs are super affordable. if you actually put them in pieces of bread (buns are too expensive) and do them up with condiments, you can get some precious calories and carbs on the cheap without feeling disgusted.

when we used to make chili con carne, the next day we'd go down to the shops and get hotdogs and buns and make chili dogs with cheese. i guess this is a bit too specific compared to using whatevers in the fridge, but they were real tasty :)

Guest hahathhat

eggy toast -- slice of bread, egg, butter, salt, pepper.

i baked cookies tonight... out of milk, no real food in my fridge (unless you count olives or pickes) but i had three eggs, two were required for cookies. i'll probably fry the last egg sometime this week.

i don't have any bread, so i can't make eggy toast.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

noodles available

oil from something

spice

mustard

ketchup

dried oregano (scraped from shelf)

beans

combine in filthy pot

"heat"

pour on bread heels

how about

take 8 items or less from your fridge -pantry - freezer right now and see what you could make with it

well, my previous recipe still stands, but here's another simple thing that i used to do when unemployed and poor (i still eat it actually because it's quite nice, but i add chicken or chorizo sausage)

chick peas (from a can, don't bother with dried ones)

jar of tomato puree/passata (and a little bit of tomato paste to thicken it up)

italian herbs mix (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, etc. probably pretty easy to find a pre-made mix)

one or two chillies, depending on how spicy you want it

one clove of garlic

half an onion

pasta of your choice (you can use rice as well if you like but i find it's not quite as substantial as pasta)

romano/parmesan cheese as an optional extra

boil water and cook pasta, while you're doing that, cut up the chilli, garlic and onion. throw it all into a hot oiled pan with the chick peas and fry it until it's all nice and cooked. add passata and tomato paste, then the herbs and maybe a little bit of salt to taste. stir it around and let it simmer while the pasta finishes cooking. when it's done, drain pasta and mix the sauce in. put in a bowl, sprinkle some cheese on top, and there you go! super cheap, awesome pasta, with almost no effort whatsoever.

for an added bonus, you can add mushrooms, capsicum or whatever you like to make it extra excellent.

Guest Karnov

Just always make sure you have garlic and chilli to hand. Any old crap can be livened up with garlic and chilli.

2 words......ghetto pizza

definitely. i used to make pizzas from tomato paste, cheese, masterfoods steak seasoning, bbq sauce and whatever else i could find that would be suitable. pita bread is really great as a pizza base too. thin and super crispy.

pita bread

there is so much you can do with pita bread, in israel i loved the veggie stuffed pitas. but i'd never have any of these ingredients in the house (maybe the onion and cucumber) lol

59816447.jpg

always got to have wraps or pitta in freezer.

i'm dislike having to put bread in the freezer - but sometimes u can't help it.

its either that or throw it away

but fresh bread that has never been frozen ftw

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

we food every two weeks so by the lat few days we're always down to the dregs. we never run out of cereals so sometimes that becomes dinner. my wifes dad introduced me to pasta and peas which is just pasta, peas in butter. he eats it every day without fail, i eat it the day before shopping if i'm unlucky. infact we're getting better - my wife is doing the shop right now and last night we ate chilli, very simple meal to throw together.

in short: chilli & cornbread

we food every two weeks so by the lat few days we're always down to the dregs. we never run out of cereals so sometimes that becomes dinner. my wifes dad introduced me to pasta and peas which is just pasta, peas in butter. he eats it every day without fail, i eat it the day before shopping if i'm unlucky. infact we're getting better - my wife is doing the shop right now and last night we ate chilli, very simple meal to throw together.

in short: chilli & cornbread

some good ol country style cookn

Archived