IGNORED

which is the better disc on meat beat manifesto's "subliminal sandwich"

Fred McGriff

which is better  

23 members have voted

1. 1. PICK THE FUCKING DISC

• disc 1
    • disc 2

someone said it earlier best, that it was like having to choose your favorite child. but even mothers have their favorite children. i have thought and thought about this, and i've decided that disc 1 is better. i'm listening to it right now and the shit still sounds 9 million years ahead of its time. fuck me, is this album one of the greatest albums of all time. fuck me. *cries into pants out of penis*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't mean to turn this into a hate thread but jesus Subliminal sandwich is one of theee best and most diverse electronic albums produced and then comes Autoimmune. ..... I loved 'at the center' albeit a little bit less diverse than previous works but when Jack Dangers started doing really generic sounding dubstep i kind of lost hope.

kind of dropped off after RUOK and actual sounds, i dont know something about those two albums never had the magic for me that made MBM so appealing before. 'At the cente'r i think is the best thing they've done as a band since Subliminal Sandwich

this solo Dangers album 'loudness clarifies' knocked the absolute shit out of me. One of my favorites of the last 10 years certainly

dangers.jpg

the only song off autoimmune i think that stands up to old MBM is Spanish Vocoder

Subliminal Sandwich harkens back to the days when Trent Reznor has really good taste in music

Guest tidbit

question, why you american so often praise mbm?

dont get me wrong, surely lots of europeans like it too.. but it seems to me its always you

guys mentioning them.. theres gotta be soemthing behind all this, im sure

ok, then.. so did they play there a lot? or do they have especially wide american distribution?

i'd imagine it probably started with Wax Trax records releasing their first stuff, it popularized a lot of European made music to American culture. The first 2 MBM discs were on wax trax records(a chicago based label)

Guest tidbit

hmm.. that would make sense

could there be any musical attributes to it?

(was that the correct term?)

My bro played satyricon for me in 1994 and I was hooked. Shortly after I heard aphex twin, through my brother who would get promo records and what not, as he worked in a record store.

Archived