IGNORED

Mr Scruff

Guest abusivegeorge

Guest Stoppit
I once convinced some friends to see Mr. Scruff instead of the rubbish band they were proposing. It didn't occur to me until we reached the front of the queue that there was no way a bunch of 14-year-old girls would be allowed in, but they did all seem very enthusiastic. Although I doubt it was the music that attracted them, I can pretend.

Are you friends with Joshier, at all?

Guest bitroast

!!

record shopping with friend few years back (dagger who has like 5 posts in this forum) and we came across this place that had this dance song with FISH FISH FISH FISH vocals. the shop owner looked up at us "you boys like fish?"

.. listening now, i think that song might've been off this album :D

I once convinced some friends to see Mr. Scruff instead of the rubbish band they were proposing. It didn't occur to me until we reached the front of the queue that there was no way a bunch of 14-year-old girls would be allowed in, but they did all seem very enthusiastic. Although I doubt it was the music that attracted them, I can pretend.

Met him on MySpace, chatted, very similar interests, gave me loads of help with making money, I arranged to meet him at a night club after we saw each other a few times, then I was with this emo boy who looked 15 and had braces and basically touched me all night and I didn't say a word to him hardly.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

trout are underwater fish and have underwater weapons pow pow pow.

that said, i saw him live a year back and he was awful.

Guest abusivegeorge

Thanks for all your feedback guys, have checked out all the stuff mentioned as well pretty good, but as you say, sort of simple chillout really not much too it, but sometimes I like that.

Guest Coalbucket PI

the track 'crisps' on mrs cruff is great but some of that album/compilation drags a bit. trouser jazz and keep it unreal are really good albums. haven't given the newest one a proper listen yet.

seen him dj three times I think and its always been brilliant, plays good tunes and gets everyone going

Great DJ, medicore (slightly naff) producer with a few good tunes. Ug is the best and has already been mentioned. Anyway, I've not seen him play out for a few years now, but it's not like a Russell Haswell show or anything. You could take any given member of your family and they'd probably enjoy at least some of it.

Guest abusivegeorge
Great DJ, medicore (slightly naff) producer with a few good tunes. Ug is the best and has already been mentioned. Anyway, I've not seen him play out for a few years now, but it's not like a Russell Haswell show or anything. You could take any given member of your family and they'd probably enjoy at least some of it.

I've had fresh experience of this, both my mum and dad like his stuff, but seperate tracks!

Guest Jimbob

<--------------Mr Scruff is a Stockport lad like myself, and his nights are well worth getting down for.

Not too keen on his studio stuff myself, but this is a fantastic video

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

10 years ago (or so) mr scruff did his best to make my (and sqaurepusher's) birthday as dull as he could

but fortunately squarepusher followed him and opened a fantastic set with "this is penis"

Guest Iain C

Met him on MySpace, chatted, very similar interests, gave me loads of help with making money, I arranged to meet him at a night club after we saw each other a few times, then I was with this emo boy who looked 15 and had braces and basically touched me all night and I didn't say a word to him hardly.

lol

Guest Hanratty
He's famous for the song, "get a move on" that is more or less unmistakable. Easily the most exposure a Ninja Tune artist or even downtempo artist ever got with that song.

easily the most exposure a homeless new york busker has ever got. he sampled moondog.

i liked that scruff song until i heard the Moondog original. now i like moondog.

Guest sero_13

He also makes a damn fine teabag (of the beverage variety - I don't want to propagate unfounded rumors) and selection of tea related merch.

In my house everyone one knows that the Mr Scruff mug is mine and mine alone. Noone touches that shit...

Guest margaret thatcher

saw him live about 4 years ago. he was dj when we got there and still djing when we left about 5 or 6 hours later.

keep it unreal is a stone cold classic.

keep away from the trout!

He also makes a damn fine teabag (of the beverage variety - I don't want to propagate unfounded rumors) and selection of tea related merch.

In my house everyone one knows that the Mr Scruff mug is mine and mine alone. Noone touches that shit...

I thought this might just be a gimmick - is it actually a good brew? For English breakfast tea, most people I know rate Yorkshire teabags.

Archived