IGNORED

Max Payne 3

Squee

custom_1237811317319_MP3_Poster.jpg

New York, NY – March 23, 2009 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled for a winter 2009 release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.

The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction.

"We’re starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we’ve never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

Max Payne 3 will be available in winter 2009 for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC.

*backflip boner*

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's being made by the people that made Bully, not the team that made Max Payne 1 & 2.

Yeah, Remedy has nothing to do with this one but I believe in Rockstar Games...

Guest abusivegeorge
shit. where have I been? I didn't even know there was a max payne 2.

now I'm embarassed. for real.

WHAT?!?!?!

shit. where have I been? I didn't even know there was a max payne 2.

now I'm embarassed. for real.

WHAT?!?!?!

word

you should check it out, lots of fun with one of the first decent rag doll features in a game, there are also lots of great mods out there for the game

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is probably the best third person shooter I've ever played. I even wrote a paper on about a year ago. It might be an extremely short game but the storytelling is just so compelling even though it's extremely melodramatic and over-the-top. But the world of Max Payne is grim and dark, so rife with depravity and awfulness. It's horrific and unflinching in its portrayal of nearly everything that is cruel and monstrous in the world - and that's why it works. There aren't really any comic reliefs except for a few memorable quotes, but then again they're actually kind of dark and fit into the world quite nicely.

All in all it's a beautiful game. The whole presence of Max Payne 2, including the box design, theme music, and menus, show beautiful quality and attention to detail. The graphic novel looks and sounds great and tells the story very well, narrated again by Max himself throughout.

Having played it again only a year ago I still think the game looks remarkable, so Jefferoo... log onto Steam and buy it. It's available for $9,99.

Guest Pennywise

In Max Payne 2, I always look forward to killing the old woman who gives you a shotgun. I enjoyed throwing a motolov cockatil straight into her face a little too much. She is asking for it though....fucking bitch. Innocent generous bitch!

Guest Iain C
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is probably the best third person shooter I've ever played. I even wrote a paper on about a year ago. It might be an extremely short game but the storytelling is just so compelling even though it's extremely melodramatic and over-the-top. But the world of Max Payne is grim and dark, so rife with depravity and awfulness. It's horrific and unflinching in its portrayal of nearly everything that is cruel and monstrous in the world - and that's why it works. There aren't really any comic reliefs except for a few memorable quotes, but then again they're actually kind of dark and fit into the world quite nicely.

All in all it's a beautiful game. The whole presence of Max Payne 2, including the box design, theme music, and menus, show beautiful quality and attention to detail. The graphic novel looks and sounds great and tells the story very well, narrated again by Max himself throughout.

Having played it again only a year ago I still think the game looks remarkable, so Jefferoo... log onto Steam and buy it. It's available for $9,99.

Couldn't have put it better myself, what Squee said. Really excited about this - let's hope they live up to the history of the franchise!

.. log onto Steam and buy it.

I want to so bad! Unfortunately I have a mac and they only make Max Payne 1... or a bunch of crap Disney games.

Fuck. Sorry to hear that.

Well then - I guess there's nothing left for you to do but buy an Xbox360 and Max Payne 2 for the original Xbox. That way you can finally catch up on what you're missing out on plus you would be ready for Max Payne 3.

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/mp2_home.html

^Check out the theme for Max Payne 2. It's one of the best game soundtracks ever. I just kinda wish it would have been more subtle because at the end it gets a bit over the top.

Guest Iain C
What I remember most about Max Payne is those fucking awful "nightmare" levels, sod that muff.

The nightmare levels in the original were crap, agreed. The nightmare levels in Max Payne 2 were golden!

Ah, I can still remember the first guy you kill in Max Payne 2... You're in the hospital, and you've just woken up from surgery and in matter of seconds there are guys out to kill you. The first guy you kill flies back into the wall behind him and knocks down a medicin closet which then lands on his head. Meeeeemories...

Guest Renivatio
Ah, I can still remember the first guy you kill in Max Payne 2... You're in the hospital, and you've just woken up from surgery and in matter of seconds there are guys out to kill you. The first guy you kill flies back into the wall behind him and knocks down a medicin closet which then lands on his head. Meeeeemories...

"I'll get Payne, he's as good as dead!"

"FREEZE, NYPD!"

"Got him!"

*pchew pchew aaargh ragdoll physics*

Archived