IGNORED

i'm officially an old codger

Alzado

and I fucking love it!

i read the new yorker on the train every morning. and, I'm hopeful that it could save news agencies across the world from the financial mess their in.

get a kindle folks. support good journalism.

that's because you've never used one. i had the same opinion.

it was given to me as a birthday gift, complete surprise. i thought i wouldn't like it, but it's really great.

and I fucking love it!

i read the new yorker on the train every morning. and, I'm hopeful that it could save news agencies across the world from the financial mess their in.

A Kindle doesn't make you an old codger.

I want to get one for my wife for our next anniversary . . . maybe sooner if she keeps buying books.

Guest abusivegeorge
and I fucking love it!

A Kindle doesn't make you an old codger.

I want to get one for my wife for our next anniversary . . . maybe sooner if she keeps buying books.

Your wife? Lol contradiction of terms dude.

Guest zaphod

is it really that difficult to take a book somewhere? are you planning on reading 1500 books while you're at work? i just don't get this at all. the ipod makes sense because of how music is taken in. books are a bit different, at least to me.

Your wife? Lol contradiction of terms dude.

She's older than I am, anyway.

is it really that difficult to take a book somewhere? are you planning on reading 1500 books while you're at work? i just don't get this at all. the ipod makes sense because of how music is taken in. books are a bit different, at least to me.

It makes sense if you buy a large volume of books.  If my wife had her way (and unlimited funds) she would come home with a new book before she had finished the last three she bought.

Guest Mr Salads

i would love the kindle too if i got it as a gift

forking 200 over for it seems silly though

and i have an iphone. they have a kindle app on there so you can just dl it that way.

Can your wife read you like a book?

No one can read me like a book.  Not in person, anyway.  I could talk to someone for hours, and their expression would never change from a blank, dumbfounded stare.  

I don't think it helps that I only speak in Klingon.

how come people who read multiple books a day always seem to be dumbest people? is it because they read any crap book and surely just scan read the books?

how come people who read multiple books a day always seem to be dumbest people? is it because they read any crap book and surely just scan read the books?

They are suffering escapist fantasies and lack social skills.

e-paper is the future. I think it will replace televisions someday. Real newspapers are nice though. Its a shame. I like the sound of the paper and the feel. I love to listen to people reading the paper.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the man who reads everything published in his lifetime is dumber than someone who reads no books

- crappy stewart lee comedy vehicle

Guest Quixote

I also started using the Kindle app on the iPod Touch. Very convenient for me since I always walk or take the bus where ever I'm going. I always have my iPod - so now I always have a book and get much more reading done.

Plus the E-books are cheaper, environmentally friendly, and instantly available instead of waiting a week to get it in the mail.

Really the only reason to complain is that now you can't show off your book collection on a shelf to impress your friends, and if that's what you're doing then you're reading for the wrong reason anyway.

Archived