IGNORED

Del The Funky Homosapien - Funkman

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logId=476015284

The sample track, and single, "get it right now", is horribly mixed, and of shit quality. So I'm hoping this won't be all some shitty tracks he's dug out, that aren't mastered and giving for free. I'm hoping for a quality product. I for one really dug his newest releases, The 11th hour, and I like the direction he's going in. Especially his production style. Here's to this being the best deal of the year so far :beer:

There will also be a tour for this release.

Guest AOOproductions

This isn't really new news at all, just something you would never no, unless you've been to his myspace... I never go there. So I'm sure Bob Dobalina has been licking his chops at this for a while.

Cool thanks. what was that one record from elektra that never made its way out? is that worth seeking out? is it downloadable somewhere? did deltron 3030 ever do anything else, that was a killer record.

Guest AOOproductions
Cool thanks. what was that one record from elektra that never made its way out? is that worth seeking out? is it downloadable somewhere? did deltron 3030 ever do anything else, that was a killer record.

To your first question, that was Future Development(recorded around 96/97). And yes, it is worth seeking out. It is amazing. Really groovy downtempo beats, lots of melody, and some of his best story telling to date. His most mature work I think. It was free for download around 2003, but not anymore, at least by any major cites. I would just look around on google, and file sharing networks. Will be pretty easy to find, especially since it was free to begin with. As for Deltron, there has been rumors of an album in the works for a long time. Kid Koala has said his scratching is complete and Dan the automator has also confirmed his tracks are done as well. Dan originally stated that production would be in 06 and it would be released in 07... it seems to be mostly del who is holding it up, well it is del! So I wouldn't get your hopes up. Hopefully one day.

Future Development - Corner Story.

isn't it del tha funkee homosapien or has he changed his name

originally i believe it was indeed del tha funkee homosapien, but over time he's had various permutations including the more straightforward del the funky homosapien!

either way, basically, amongst hip hop circles you can just say "del" and people know whats up.

i believe he's got this song on his myspace and it's aight, nothing ohmygod-amazing that really makes you shit your drawers and go OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS SHIT REDEFINES MY HORRIBLE SEMANTICS FOR LIFE!@$#!@ kind of in the vein of his last LP, which btw he made all the beats for.

maybe i can be arsed to dig it up 2morrow when i've got bandwith, but i once had a quick little myspacial e-mail conversation with del. i reminded him that i could kick his sorry monkey ass at x-men versus streetfighter, and he responded with a pagelong message about his theory about how playing video games has transferred over to making beats, as the timing and patterns you memorize pushing buttons/d-pads on video games is the kind of spasmodic twitchery that you use whilst making beats. indeed, did you know he made all of the beats on his last LP, the eleventh hour?!@ yeah that was quite an undertaking for him, and a few of the beats are holy shit, especially track #13 which i believe is called "i got you" or something... it's hte one where he does a back and forth with the chick and the whole thing has a classic boombap 1-2 step and it's got a gong-like hting in the background going WHOOOONNG whilst the beat goes back and forth and literally right out of the gate it smacks you in the face and lets you know it isnt fucking around, which endeared itself to me rather well.

he's starting up a tour next week to support the 11th hour/this EP and i cant wait to catch him circa may 9th @ reggie's for the chicago leg of the tour. i've seen del live about 3-4 times, and the most notable juxtapose was seeing him on the both sides of teh brain tour in milwaukee in june 2000, where the show was live as fuck, only something like 250-300 people or something, but the whole front row of the crowd was lined with hiero logos on their back, and during the set del must've been given damn near a 1/2oz of dank from various people and even tho he didnt have the bravado to up and light it up on stage (as aceyalone did in 2006 @ the metro in chicago when i saw him there) he said it would go to "proper use" after the show. he was live as fuck, did a freestyle about sega video games / sega heads leading to him dragging out khaos unique for a stirring rendition of "proto culture" off'a both sides of the brain. he said that this was one of his favorite shows he's performed in his whole life and he was always gonna remember milwaukee/brewtown and keep the quality pumping because this city knows whats up. all in all it was a fucking excellent show that stands as one of the best live experiences i've ever taken in.

on the other hand, i saw him on the deltron 3030 tour in november of 2000 at the house of blues in chicago and he mailed the show in... he had dan the automator there in the background with a MPC 2000 and some sort of slideguitar-like-thing where he was able to manipulate some pitch/tone qualities of certain elements of the songs live, alongside someone else doing traditional DJing of the base instrumentals. del came out and did the songs, although it seemed like he wasn't really really into it, i even remember him sitting on the floor between songs and just looking around, perhaps hte direct antithesis of the show i had seen approximately 5 months earlier some 90 minutes up I-94 in brewtown. it was a little bit of a letdown, but shit, quoteth standup comedian arite lange responding to a criticism from diehard fans who complained they got the same mateiral when they saw him at different shows only a couple'a months apart "stop seeing me so goddamn much, i'm a professional but i'm not superman creating a brand new 90 minute set every fucking week"

in the middle, i caught del actually headlining the calicomm 2004 tour and i dont remember too much of it, cuz i was all geeked to see haiku d'etat there (aceyalone, abstract rude, mikah 9) and they were on right before del and the friend with me had to be home at a certain hour and yeah it was solid... interestingly enougn, a couple'a months later i was at gramaphone and saw a used copy of the calicomm 2004 CD/DVD combo, and on the DVD they had reality-show-like videos of the various guys doing their thing on the road, and whilst the haiku d'etat guys were out stomping around boulder, CO gokarting, freestyling at the park, going to little hole-in-the-wall restaurants and telling the imbred hick girl employees that they were world famous rappers in jay-z's entourage, hence the camera crew, del's video had him hanging out in his hotel room smacked out of his fucking mind rambling on about making beats and playing with all of his equipment cranking out little parts and talking about odd minutiae about various people, with my favorite story being him talking about an ex girlfriend who he told to "get the fuck out of [his] car before [he] caught a felony over her dumb ass"

and that's the kind of shit that years later resulted in him doing all of the beats... he's one of those aphextwinlike figures where his back catalogue is so fucking impressive he's always going to be compared to his past works and it's hard to fuck with, say, catch a bad one or the i wish my brother george was here LP or even no need for alarm, which were early/mid 90s classics that helped establish the hieroglyphics brand more than anything, but yeah, i caught the eleventh hour 2x12" LP for $11 a few weeks back, after like 10 months of always seeing new sealed copies for $18-22 at a handful of places, i finally came across one that someone opened up and listened to and hence $10.99 and boom i was all over that shitlike flies on shit and i gotta say whilst it's not exactly some oh my god shit like finding an old early/mid 90s del 12" somewhere, still, once you hear the name you know it's quality rap cuz the guy is a super-talented motherfucker lyrically... easily the best rapper out of his family, which includes ice cube, who has made the transition over to fullblown cubevision moviestar rather nicely, to be honest.

oh yeah and i saw someone talking about future development up top... i dont know if it was ever properly released on vinyl/CD, but back at the both sides of the brain show up @ the rave in milwaukee in june 2000 they were selling cassette tapes of the future development LP for like $8... i copped one, likely had it stolen from my car, and have since had to get my mp3 version of it... basically, the title track "future development" is the fucking shit with that hook "future development too too intelligent. future development too intelligent" and there's that one track tales from the corner where he talks about coppin shit from the corner nad how it goes horribly wrong... i think there's a couple'a other tracks that you've heard elsewhere in life and you're like "whoa yeah it's THAT song" but basically the LP is some golden age del from i-wanna-say-1996, which means it's the follow-up to no need for alarm which i think is 1994 or 1995, and for whatever reason elektra was in the process of dropping him/hiero, or their not putting it out caused him to leave with or without the rights to it, hence its availability only on cassette, but basically it's akin to having a "lost" LP from a top-10-of-alltime rapper's career, so it's definitely worth the effort to get.

i'll post the tour dates to the tour section for anyone who cares. support your local venues and give ups to a longtime stalwart of the game who even on his off days still puts out a professional show thats always worthy of your $15

# s.key-Z

Guest AOOproductions
isn't it del tha funkee homosapien or has he changed his name

originally i believe it was indeed del tha funkee homosapien, but over time he's had various permutations including the more straightforward del the funky homosapien!

either way, basically, amongst hip hop circles you can just say "del" and people know whats up.

i believe he's got this song on his myspace and it's aight, nothing ohmygod-amazing that really makes you shit your drawers and go OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS SHIT REDEFINES MY HORRIBLE SEMANTICS FOR LIFE!@$#!@ kind of in the vein of his last LP, which btw he made all the beats for.

maybe i can be arsed to dig it up 2morrow when i've got bandwith, but i once had a quick little myspacial e-mail conversation with del. i reminded him that i could kick his sorry monkey ass at x-men versus streetfighter, and he responded with a pagelong message about his theory about how playing video games has transferred over to making beats, as the timing and patterns you memorize pushing buttons/d-pads on video games is the kind of spasmodic twitchery that you use whilst making beats. indeed, did you know he made all of the beats on his last LP, the eleventh hour?!@ yeah that was quite an undertaking for him, and a few of the beats are holy shit, especially track #13 which i believe is called "i got you" or something... it's hte one where he does a back and forth with the chick and the whole thing has a classic boombap 1-2 step and it's got a gong-like hting in the background going WHOOOONNG whilst the beat goes back and forth and literally right out of the gate it smacks you in the face and lets you know it isnt fucking around, which endeared itself to me rather well.

he's starting up a tour next week to support the 11th hour/this EP and i cant wait to catch him circa may 9th @ reggie's for the chicago leg of the tour. i've seen del live about 3-4 times, and the most notable juxtapose was seeing him on the both sides of teh brain tour in milwaukee in june 2000, where the show was live as fuck, only something like 250-300 people or something, but the whole front row of the crowd was lined with hiero logos on their back, and during the set del must've been given damn near a 1/2oz of dank from various people and even tho he didnt have the bravado to up and light it up on stage (as aceyalone did in 2006 @ the metro in chicago when i saw him there) he said it would go to "proper use" after the show. he was live as fuck, did a freestyle about sega video games / sega heads leading to him dragging out khaos unique for a stirring rendition of "proto culture" off'a both sides of the brain. he said that this was one of his favorite shows he's performed in his whole life and he was always gonna remember milwaukee/brewtown and keep the quality pumping because this city knows whats up. all in all it was a fucking excellent show that stands as one of the best live experiences i've ever taken in.

on the other hand, i saw him on the deltron 3030 tour in november of 2000 at the house of blues in chicago and he mailed the show in... he had dan the automator there in the background with a MPC 2000 and some sort of slideguitar-like-thing where he was able to manipulate some pitch/tone qualities of certain elements of the songs live, alongside someone else doing traditional DJing of the base instrumentals. del came out and did the songs, although it seemed like he wasn't really really into it, i even remember him sitting on the floor between songs and just looking around, perhaps hte direct antithesis of the show i had seen approximately 5 months earlier some 90 minutes up I-94 in brewtown. it was a little bit of a letdown, but shit, quoteth standup comedian arite lange responding to a criticism from diehard fans who complained they got the same mateiral when they saw him at different shows only a couple'a months apart "stop seeing me so goddamn much, i'm a professional but i'm not superman creating a brand new 90 minute set every fucking week"

in the middle, i caught del actually headlining the calicomm 2004 tour and i dont remember too much of it, cuz i was all geeked to see haiku d'etat there (aceyalone, abstract rude, mikah 9) and they were on right before del and the friend with me had to be home at a certain hour and yeah it was solid... interestingly enougn, a couple'a months later i was at gramaphone and saw a used copy of the calicomm 2004 CD/DVD combo, and on the DVD they had reality-show-like videos of the various guys doing their thing on the road, and whilst the haiku d'etat guys were out stomping around boulder, CO gokarting, freestyling at the park, going to little hole-in-the-wall restaurants and telling the imbred hick girl employees that they were world famous rappers in jay-z's entourage, hence the camera crew, del's video had him hanging out in his hotel room smacked out of his fucking mind rambling on about making beats and playing with all of his equipment cranking out little parts and talking about odd minutiae about various people, with my favorite story being him talking about an ex girlfriend who he told to "get the fuck out of [his] car before [he] caught a felony over her dumb ass"

and that's the kind of shit that years later resulted in him doing all of the beats... he's one of those aphextwinlike figures where his back catalogue is so fucking impressive he's always going to be compared to his past works and it's hard to fuck with, say, catch a bad one or the i wish my brother george was here LP or even no need for alarm, which were early/mid 90s classics that helped establish the hieroglyphics brand more than anything, but yeah, i caught the eleventh hour 2x12" LP for $11 a few weeks back, after like 10 months of always seeing new sealed copies for $18-22 at a handful of places, i finally came across one that someone opened up and listened to and hence $10.99 and boom i was all over that shitlike flies on shit and i gotta say whilst it's not exactly some oh my god shit like finding an old early/mid 90s del 12" somewhere, still, once you hear the name you know it's quality rap cuz the guy is a super-talented motherfucker lyrically... easily the best rapper out of his family, which includes ice cube, who has made the transition over to fullblown cubevision moviestar rather nicely, to be honest.

oh yeah and i saw someone talking about future development up top... i dont know if it was ever properly released on vinyl/CD, but back at the both sides of the brain show up @ the rave in milwaukee in june 2000 they were selling cassette tapes of the future development LP for like $8... i copped one, likely had it stolen from my car, and have since had to get my mp3 version of it... basically, the title track "future development" is the fucking shit with that hook "future development too too intelligent. future development too intelligent" and there's that one track tales from the corner where he talks about coppin shit from the corner nad how it goes horribly wrong... i think there's a couple'a other tracks that you've heard elsewhere in life and you're like "whoa yeah it's THAT song" but basically the LP is some golden age del from i-wanna-say-1996, which means it's the follow-up to no need for alarm which i think is 1994 or 1995, and for whatever reason elektra was in the process of dropping him/hiero, or their not putting it out caused him to leave with or without the rights to it, hence its availability only on cassette, but basically it's akin to having a "lost" LP from a top-10-of-alltime rapper's career, so it's definitely worth the effort to get.

i'll post the tour dates to the tour section for anyone who cares. support your local venues and give ups to a longtime stalwart of the game who even on his off days still puts out a professional show thats always worthy of your $15

# s.key-Z

Since I luv del, and am still learning about him. This was a nice read.

yea, thanks for all the info folks. i guess i have to check out 11th hour and future development. the last thing i got by him is both sides of the brain, which is killer.

Guest AOOproductions

Ok, well I guess it's ready for download! Not April 7th but it will do haha!

AND GUESS WHAT! It's free in 320 kb and FLAC! and a bunch other formats! never seen anything like this before. Can't wait to hear this. Not to mention the whole setup of the cite is really well done, and simple. bravo for spreading culture with great quality and simplicity del!

http://delthefunkyhomosapien.bandcamp.com/

BTW... just to re-state. This is his Legit official 7th album.

Guest neremic

cheers for the heads up on this - love del and the samples on the site sound pretty good. downloading as i write this.

Guest AOOproductions

My fav tracks so far are And They Thought That Was Hell, News Alert, Hardcore punks can't take it. Get it right now also has some ridiculously dirty minimal production. But a lot of the tracks seem like the vocals are either under mixed, or on a track like King Of Fighters where he uses that tiny sounding filter on his voice. Also, The funks tracks like Go against the grain and land of funk are almost overbearing! But w/e, he obviously didn't use a studio for this haha. And when del is on, you can tell he can be pretty original behind the boards. Still this is a sweet deal. And i will be blazing to this very much this summer.

Archived