Pick the more IDM thing of each match  

133 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardness of the act
    • smoking a pipe inside a space helmet
  2. 2. who wins?

• large hadron collider
    • antarctica

it's been a long road to the semifinals but we finally have our Final Four in the 2009 What is the Most IDM Thing Tournament! Out of the Northwest we have The Rush, the Adaptation, and The General Backwardness of the Act, who, carrying the supreme "meme" chip on their shoulders, have not faltered in their determination to prove their naysayers wrong. Are they a meme? are they emo? is emo IDM? Do they surprise their opponents with irony? If that is the case, then they will need to dig deep to penetrate the aloof nonchalant style of defense of Smoking a Pipe Inside a Space Helmet out of the Southwest region. SPISH are a wise veteran team who suffocate their opponents' offense while nimbly floating about and measuring each attack with contemplation and poise on their side of the ball. It's going to be a matchup of youthful determination against tried and true tactics.

Emerging from the Northeast is second-year veteran Large Hadron Collider, whose rabid fan base has no qualms about employing sexual innuendo in their chants, giving them a distinct home advantage when they need it most. They've ended many dreams thus far with apocalyptic shock and awe, but if any team can withstand extreme adversity it's Antarctica from the Southeast, who have been slowly warming up with each passing day. It's a game of speed and precision versus ice-cold emotionless execution, and this too shall prove to be an exciting, close match.

We're getting close folks, and the tension is thick enough to dickslap. Round 5 starts....

RIGHT NOW!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very disappointed in the final four

none of these things seem IDM to me

what were you pulling for

antique anatomical illustrations

Guest IRARI

what is antique about idm?

spish and antarctica. i voted trutadat gebota (as i like to call it) in some rounds, but i just don't think it has what it takes to be a contender for the final.

spish is suave yaknow?

remaining suave in your spishing, maybe sippin on some single malt - whilst unleashing bullets of quadrophonic and polyrhythmic snare rushes uponst an unsuspecting crowd - idm.

antarctica. it's cold and glacial. it should have vletrmx as a soundtrack.

it's also where the hole the nazi ufos in the centre of the earth fly out of (idm), where the ancient city of leng is (idm) - as well as whatever the fuck lies beyond that (full of obscene geometry [idm]). full of old ones who are more plant than animal (idm) and shoggoths, who can adapt their body to whatever task is required (idm). also there's underground lakes full of million-year-old bacteria (idm), and volcanos (idm). antarctica is so full of idm shit that the contents of antarctica deserve their own fuckin poll.

and that's why antarctica is better than spish, as IDM as spish is.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

oh shit that is tough

the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardness of the act VS smoking a pipe inside a space helmet

thats the final right there and i can't decide

if i switch off my IDM detector and try to work out which is the best compilation.....i'd probably go for the rush but SPISH is a great image.

i'm not gonna vote yet. need time. when does this close?

and antartica obviously

my dad is an antique dealer and i'm quite idm, that's all i can think of

Guest tv_party
How did Antarctica make it this far?

the south pole is very cold

that was a tough choice between the lhc and antarctica. I went for spish because I think it's a theme that bears exploring, the eternal question of mans relationship with space and tobacco products.

Guest IRARI

i prevail upon you all again to consider the idm-ness of a 55-character comp. title! or is that breakcore?

my dad is an antique dealer and i'm quite idm, that's all i can think of

fair enough

Antique anatomical drawings are an almost perfect marriage between ART and SCIENCE, dating back hundreds of years.

They are drawings from medical textbooks and diagrams, used by the world's best doctors for surgery. They have a very surreal classical art aesthetic with combined with organs, veins, and the little bits and pieces that make up all of us that so few know about. The amount of autopsies that must have been done in order to fully understand even the smallest detail must have been astronomical. To me this seems to be very IDM.

il_430xN.41546427.jpg

d4960012x.jpg

il_430xN.49213104.jpg

d4960046x.jpg

Guest IRARI

Antique anatomical drawings are an almost perfect marriage between ART and SCIENCE, dating back hundreds of years.

They are drawings from medical textbooks and diagrams, used by the world's best doctors for surgery. They have a very surreal classical art aesthetic with combined with organs, veins, and the little bits and pieces that make up all of us that so few know about. The amount of autopsies that must have been done in order to fully understand even the smallest detail must have been astronomical. To me this seems to be very IDM.

il_430xN.41546427.jpg

d4960012x.jpg

il_430xN.49213104.jpg

d4960046x.jpg

i don't know they seem more sopor aeternus to me

chax, if you don't shut the fuck up moaning about the fail of antique anatomical illustrations in the IDM bracketology - now notably absent of said antique anatomical illustrations - i'm going to kill you.

go make a thread about it or something.

Archived