IGNORED

should i be scared of windows vista?

Chris Moss Acid

How easy is it to pirate XP? I'm not asking how, just how easy it is. Like to get a corporate licensed version pirated?(those don't have and activation, I used to install it on computers at work.)

search for "Windows XP PRO Corp SP3 Unattended Bootable CD" at your favorite torrent site, very easy, no activation and passes wga

Guest fiznuthian

yeah my opinion of vista is that until you disable the fucking "are you sure you want to..." warnings that pop up for EVERYTHING and get some security/permissions options reconfigured it will drive me entirely insane..

i installed audiomulch on a copy of vista and audiomulch threw a whole slew of errors my way only because vista blocked AM from accessing it's own fucking folder in the program files folder... i know this is because of some weird default permissions it keeps for computer newbies but at this very point in my life i'm always too lazy and/or never think to actually disable it. thing is i actually know how to.

oh yeah, and if you're dead set on XP, do as beneboi says and download XP Corp SP3 Unattended edition. It's ridiculously amazing in that it will completely install with no user input. you'll go jack off in the bathroom for an hour and come back to a fresh XP desktop that's so stripped down damn near everything runs like butter.

question, i installed XP corporate sp3 on a macintosh but i must have used a bad key because now it wants me to authorize my copy. Is there a way to change the activation key post installation? or should i just get a good working key and reinstall ?

alternately, if you're feeling frisky you could try upgrading to the Windows 7 beta, don't know anything about it other than it tries to correct everything wrong with vista

Archived