IGNORED

my netflix queue

Guest tht tne

Guest IRARI

1. 1940 the thief of bagdad (ludwig berger)

2. 1946 la belle et la bête (jean cocteau)

3. 1959 the 400 blows (francois truffaut)

4. 1960 la dolce vita (federico fellini)

5. 1962 lolita (stanley kubrick)

6. 1967 the fearless vampire killers (roman polanski)

7. 1973 the wicker man (robin hardy)

8. 1975 picnic at hanging rock (peter weir)

9. 1977 suspiria (dario argento)

10. 1982 fitzcarraldo (werner herzog)

11. 1984 dune (david lynch)

12. 1987 evil dead 2: dead by dawn (sam raimi)

13. 1988 beetlejuice (tim burton)

14. 1990 miller's crossing (joel and ethan coen)

15. 1992 dead alive (peter jackson)

i ordered them by year released with a concentration on greatest directors

does anyone have anything good or bad to say about any of these movies

Evil Dead 2 is one of my faves of all time. Bruce campbell does a GREAT JOB!

Dead Alive is also awesome, but is it the uncut version? The rated R version leaves out a lot of Great gore. I'm not a "gore" guy per se but jackson does it creatively.

Guest IRARI
Dead Alive is also awesome, but is it the uncut version? The rated R version leaves out a lot of Great gore. I'm not a "gore" guy per se but jackson does it creatively.

it's whatever netflix has, probably the r

it's whatever netflix has, probably the r

you'll get the gist. Great movie. Funny as fuck.

"Rich and creamy, just the way oye loyke it!"

Guest IRARI

i think the one on my list that i'm most excited to see is the extended edition of dune

i'm toying with the idea of making an idm track in homage to the bene gesserit order

i think the one on my list that i'm most excited to see is the extended edition of dune

i'm toying with the idea of making an idm track in homage to the bene gesserit order

ya know, i'm a big Lynch fan but I've never seen this. I've heard mixed reviews. Mulholland drive is my fave of his, but I haven't seen Inland Empire yet either.

I have to admit I never really got why Dolce Vita is THAT great. 400 Blows is really enjoyable tho. Wait for the lol when the french dude unceremoniously rubs the wife's tits. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

Guest Glass Plate

you chose dune to represent David Lynch? WHY??

Sam reimi/Tim Burton is a good/important director?

What?

I mean even Coen is stretching it.

Guest my usernames always really suck

You should already own Dead Alive, what are you doing renting it? I ritually watch it every Friday midnight, on-the-hour. So should you.

I love Lynch's 'Dune'...

saw it in the theatre when I was young...

amazing set design, great actors, great story, and the Guild Navigator...

would love to see the new extended version, have seen a long version that Lynch took his name off of but was not very good quality.....

and I like the original more than that version....

Yep, make you some Bene Gesserit music....

What?

dude you are going to far.

As far as Burton goes, how the FUCK can you say that the man whos debut film was "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure"?

Guest melotronic
ya know, i'm a big Lynch fan but I've never seen this. I've heard mixed reviews. Mulholland drive is my fave of his, but I haven't seen Inland Empire yet either.

fuck, inland empire is messy stuff. im preparing to write a piece on lynch atm, mulholland drive is sweet.

at IRARI i'd have to agree that dune is a weird choice to represent lynch, but good luck to you with it man, the other films all looked good (although fitzcarraldo lost me slightly overall)

let us know how it goes yeah

feel free to recommend some great films by female directors; i feel like i excluded them inadvertently

Decline of Western Civilization 1 , 2 and 3 are really good documentaries

the 1st one is about the 70s punk scene in america, they closely follow the Germs, original Black Fag, Fear and a bunch of other weird ones.

2nd movie is about the fallout from cock/glam rock scene in the 80s and how all the stars are now burnt out morons

3rd one is about the lifestyle of homeless gutter punks

all directed by the female director of Wayne's World and Suburbia ( a film i have not seen but heard is really good)

Penelope Spheeris. she also directed that experimental movie about Tom Arnold and the retarded kid 'the kid and i'

Guest IRARI

What?

i have already seen most of david lynch's other movies and this is just a personal list

as for the others i decided upon them after consulting this greatest film directors list

Archived