IGNORED

WATMM - The Final Solution

kakapo

As discussed in this thread here, some of the senior members have been in discussion with how to restore WATMM to its former glory. Joyrex has given us a tentative yes, although the plans are yet to be completely finalised. However, there are two main proposals:

1. All members with a member number greater than 800 will be made 'redundant', and lose their posting rights. They will then have to re-apply for full membership. Applications will be assessed by a committee made up of some of the senior members.

2. We have identified 17 members in particular who we feel are having a negative impact on watmm. Joyrex has agreed to ban these members. However he has insisted on one proviso, a week long amnesty in which these members can apologise to the rest of watmm for being shit. We arent going to list these members, but hope that a degree of self-awareness can be taken as a sign of sincerity and desire to change .

As such, if you believe you are a member of the WATMM 17, please use this thread to confess. Simply state why you're shit and the steps you are going to take to address this. If Joyrex accepts your apology you will be placed on probation, rather than banned outright.

I know some of you will be left disappointed, confused and angry by events in the next few weeks. However, I want to assure you that myself and the other senior members truly believe in the transformative power of the Watmm experience, and that at the end of this restructuring period, Watmm will be better placed to tackle some of the problems, and opportunities, that IDM faces.

Cheers,

kakapo

Guest abusivegeorge

I think I am one of the WATMM 17, and I am sincerely apologetic for any crap I may have bought to this forum, I don't mean to troll but I love you guys and this place so much, the music all of you guys make, hits my spot in different places, and deep down I love you all as people (hell half of you are on my msn). Joyrex is actually a fucking good bloke if half of you took 10 minutes to looks at the shit he has to deal with, and has always dealt with me in a more than reasonable manner.

I love you WATMM, and you kakapo.

Just in case anyone has the slightest misguided notion this is 'real', it's not - sorry to spoil the fun cacapoop, but some people here read too much into this kinda stuff.

Just in case anyone has the slightest misguided notion this is 'real', it's not - sorry to spoil the fun cacapoop, but some people here read too much into this kinda stuff.

Christ Joyrex, no one's that stupid. The responses in the other thread were in on the joke.

Anyway, there was a point to this, I'm sure I don't have to spell it out. But I will anyway. I don't believe in a watmm golden age. This forum ebbs and flows and there will always be periods of many lols and interesting threads followed by a glut of essentially teenage aim conversations. However, I do think the quality has been slowly dipping. My personal take on it, like many others, is that the subforums have certainly contributed to it, as have the bannings, but I accept this is a lost argument. So any ideas, what's your take on this Joyrex?

watmm actually lulls when everyone gets too self-aware

i don't want to see rubbish members like me copying lol alzado

because they think that's cool

Guest Rambo
watmm actually lulls when everyone gets too self-aware

i don't want to see rubbish members like me copying lol alzado

because they think that's cool

rofl

thing is, member numbers shmember numbers.

this site has broken a few times, at which point you had to re-join.

so all a senior member would have to do is be off the grid for a while and return to a new-iteration WATMM and would miss the 800 thing through no fault of.

sure, you could re-apply for your old username etc but there was no threat of this then so why bother?

i know this is a windup, but if you could de-tyrannize it kthx

Guest abusivegeorge

Yea I've been here since 02, but thats not what my thingy says.

Everyone please look at my post number and my member number.

Archived