IGNORED

Sam Rimi's new film

Guest thanksomuch

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it but it doesn't haunt me....

The Beginning had some great images in it....

Creepshow is where it's at....

"Where's my cake?!"

'The Thing' freaked me out as a kid.

me too, and so did Halloween, but I just think John Carpenter has a certain aesthetic that I love but don't think of as frightening anymore...

He's just cool....

tl1sleep.jpg

Just got back and found this movie to be completely awesome, anyone hoping for a classic Raimi mix of scares and the ridiculous will not be disappointed. I haven't had such a fun and horrifying time in the cinema since hooking up with a complete stranger and discovering outside that in the cold light of day she had an uncanny resemblance to Miss Piggy.

Just got back and found this movie to be completely awesome, anyone hoping for a classic Raimi mix of scares and the ridiculous will not be disappointed. I haven't had such a fun and horrifying time in the cinema since hooking up with a complete stranger and discovering outside that in the cold light of day she had an uncanny resemblance to Miss Piggy.

wait it's already out?

give me some classic raimi moments, like how many cool first peson flying at you camera views were there, lots?

I'm fairly certain that there are a few but none quite as noticeable as in the Evil Dead movies.

I think the main reason anyone will dislike this is that it treads a fine line between horror and comedy, some will think that a few moments go too far but I saw it with friends and we were in hysterics. It has a few shocking moments but none of the horror will stay with you and keep you up at night. It's just ridiculous fun that will have you jumping out your seat, it's not to be taken too seriously and is all the better for it.

Guest Mr Salads

This is one of those movies thats having "fun" so you cant knock it. Its just having a good time, and chilling out with a corona on the beach.

Just saw a midnight show in Manhattan.

Raimi knocked it out of the park.

I screamed like a little girl at least 5 times and my stomach hurts from the tension. It was funny, too.

This film totally delivered.

Unquestionably he best since Evil Dead 2 (including Darkman).

Go see it opening weekend.

This movie was great! It is pretty much the closest thing to Evil Dead 4 Sam will be doing any time soon!

The bits with the old lady in the car were funny as. And the bits in the mansion were lifted from Evil dead 2 and slapped in 2009

Oh one more thing

LOUDEST FILM EVER!!!

Kinda hurt my ear drums in some places

This movie was great! It is pretty much the closest thing to Evil Dead 4 Sam will be doing any time soon!

The bits with the old lady in the car were funny as. And the bits in the mansion were lifted from Evil dead 2 and slapped in 2009

Oh one more thing

LOUDEST FILM EVER!!!

Kinda hurt my ear drums in some places

I know! Loud as shit! The sound design was incredible!

I kept feeling like the film was going to punch me in the face!

ps

Apparently Raimi is developing an Evil Dead re-make, as well as an Evil Dead 4.

looks kind of like it might be similar to the Gift, i actually enjoyed Spider-man 3 a lot and it reminded me of Raimi's older more cartoonish work (hudsucker proxy & crimwave) not so sure about Drag me to hell but definitely plan on seeing it.

Hudsucker Proxy is Coen Bros.

Apparently Raimi is developing an Evil Dead re-make, as well as an Evil Dead 4.

Evil Dead 4 i am 100% all for, but Evil Dead Re-make/reboot what ever you want to brand it as is just cashing in on this remake Era we seem to be in at the moment.

woah just got back from this, good job Sam Raimi !

i actually liked Spiderman 3 but i could see why so many people hated it. I don't know if this is his best movie since Evil Dead 2 but it's the best horror comedy i've seen in a long time probably since Shaun of the dead.

my favorite part was actually in the parking garage when the old gypsy does hand to hand combat i couldn't stop laughing during it. and wtf was with that insane scene with the anvil and the ice skate?

does anybody else think raimi has a fetish and/or a fixation on gumming + fisting?

like a lot of people have been saying, if raimi has been waiting to become a powerful money making machine just so that he can unleash a weird movie like this once in a while i am a very happy man. I don't think any director has tried to return to his original genre like this and succeeded with flying colors.

Would this be a good movie to take a date to, Awepittance?

there are really really disgusting parts in the film (ie a mouth geyser maggot bath), but for the jolts and scares alone i think it's a great date movie shell be bracing onto your arm the whole time.

edit: i also had a chance to catch about an hour of Terminator Salvation, i felt pretty good not paying for it based on what i saw. i recommend those curious about T4 go pay for Drag me to hell after it's over walkon over to a T4 screen survey the damage for yourself.

Would this be a good movie to take a date to, Awepittance?

there are really really disgusting parts in the film (ie a mouth geyser maggot bath), but for the jolts and scares alone i think it's a great date movie shell be bracing onto your arm the whole time.

Cool. Sounds like it's got the usual horror film stuff but is also something I'd enjoy. I'm still angry about having to spend money on 'The Strangers'.

Watched this tonight, thought it was awesome. Laughed so hard at times, was really a fun movie, even got some people walking out after some of the better vomit/corpse vomit moments which just added to the whole event.

Guest zaphod

oh man. this was the most fun i've had at a theater in years. we went to a sold out showing in a predominantly black neighborhood in dc. people were yelling at the screen, throwing popcorn. this really huge guy went "that's some shit!!" and flipped his pepsi up a few aisles when the old hag vomited maggots into the chick's face. i was laughing throughout most of the movie. basically a perfect summer movie experience.

Guest tronicphace

dude, I just saw this flick tonight. the crowd was basically laughing the whole way through it ... I saw Terminator right before it, though, and enjoyed that one much more.

Archived