IGNORED

Project 168

Braintree

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
listening via the website doesnt really work for me. i need them all lined up with some volume control.

Here's one way to get them all:

head over to this thread on the p168 forum

http://www.project168.co.uk/discussion/vie...9d853784bd55dce

there is a link to every track

you can then use Firefox + the DownThemAll plugin to download them all

edit: but dont all go and do it at the same time! maybe throttle the downloader down to 1 file at a time and leave it running overnight.

Guest MajaIloveyou

Tauboo and AW made a good job. I know someone from the Manson board who submited his EP as well, don't think you're the only ones who can make IDM.

Guest Saskrotch
Tauboo and AW made a good job. I know someone from the Manson board who submited his EP as well, don't think you're the only ones who can make IDM.

cool dude

I'm only halfway through listening to all the EPs - there is so much good stuff.

The full list of 90 eps can be a bit daunting so I was trying to think of a way to pick out the popular ones.

I needed to practice some C# so I wrote a program to scrape the web site and order the EPs by analysing the comments. Ordering by the total length of combined comments seemed to work quite well.

So here at the 'top ten' eps at the moment, judged by the total length of all the text in the comments on their pages.

(I know thats a bit approximate, but i thought it would be better than nothing, or worse, my own subjective judgement)

cover.jpgMichelNicholas - The Metroid Renaissance E.P. (Comments: 20, CommentLength: 2278)

cover.jpgCoppice halifax - Miniature Q Trax (Comments: 19, CommentLength: 1875)

cover.jpgScratlin - Trevor Distance EP (Comments: 11, CommentLength: 1676)

cover.jpgCandlestickmaker - Open (Comments: 8, CommentLength: 1591)

cover.jpgAutopilot - Surreal Estate (Comments: 13, CommentLength: 1552)

cover.jpgNew City 16 - Glimmer (Comments: 13, CommentLength: 1484)

cover.jpgThe Jaffa kid - Rabid champion (Comments: 10, CommentLength: 1475)

cover.jpgRooftop Access - Excellent Universe (Comments: 13, CommentLength: 1373)

cover.jpgSaskrotch - Exploding Head Disease (Comments: 22, CommentLength: 1372)

cover.jpgThisket - ...Nothing But... (Comments: 8, CommentLength: 1350)

There's lots of other cool stuff besides these, but there's the list, just for fun ...

edit: explained the ordering a bit more clearly

Guest analogue wings

I'd rather have heard your own subjective judgement.

Nothing against the #1 EP (haven't heard it yet), but the only reason it has 20 comments is because it's covers of Nintendo music and all the comments are people being nostalgic about Nintendo.

Guest vodor

i know it's just a free online EP buried in the corner of the internet and that no one really cares, but i still think it's kinda weak to lift a famous artist's oil painting straight up for your album art.

a lot of stuff being ignored produced by non watmm members

I'm not too sure about that, but am surprised at the lack of comments that certain eps have. in particular... Tristan Corrales, The Wrong Everyones, and Yarn Noble Gordy.

Nothing against the #1 EP (haven't heard it yet), but the only reason it has 20 comments is because it's covers of Nintendo music and all the comments are people being nostalgic about Nintendo.

f u a w.

listen to it though.

Guest analogue wings

yeah it's on my list sorry.

i can only listen at work (not enough bandwidth at home)...

a lot of stuff being ignored produced by non watmm members

this may be partially true, but i commented on the stuff that i either really liked or really hated (not done listening though). if it didn't move me one way or another, i didn't bother to comment. A lot of the watmm people are using pseudonyms i think, so I don't know their watmm identity anyway.

yeah it's on my list sorry.

i can only listen at work (not enough bandwidth at home)...

I understand. if it's any consolation, I didn't do a cheesy chip-tune remake of those tunes. I used more braindancy synths and drums.

I'm only halfway through listening to all the EPs - there is so much good stuff.

The full list of 90 eps can be a bit daunting so I was trying to think of a way to pick out the popular ones.

I needed to practice some C# so I wrote a program to scrape the web site and order the EPs by the total amount of comments. Ordering by the total length of combined comments seemed to work quite well.

So here at the 'top ten' eps at the moment, judged by the total length of comments on their pages.

(I know thats a bit approximate, but i thought it would be better than nothing, or worse, my own subjective judgement)

cover.jpgMichelNicholas - The Metroid Renaissance E.P. (Comments: 20, CommentLength: 2278)

cover.jpgCoppice halifax - Miniature Q Trax (Comments: 19, CommentLength: 1875)

cover.jpgScratlin - Trevor Distance EP (Comments: 11, CommentLength: 1676)

cover.jpgCandlestickmaker - Open (Comments: 8, CommentLength: 1591)

cover.jpgAutopilot - Surreal Estate (Comments: 13, CommentLength: 1552)

cover.jpgNew City 16 - Glimmer (Comments: 13, CommentLength: 1484)

cover.jpgThe Jaffa kid - Rabid champion (Comments: 10, CommentLength: 1475)

cover.jpgRooftop Access - Excellent Universe (Comments: 13, CommentLength: 1373)

cover.jpgSaskrotch - Exploding Head Disease (Comments: 22, CommentLength: 1372)

cover.jpgThisket - ...Nothing But... (Comments: 8, CommentLength: 1350)

There's lots of other cool stuff besides these, but there's the list, just for fun ...

im not sure that number of comments is a good indicator of quality, but anyway, my submision to p168 has more comments than 7 of that "top 10" list but does not feature on your list

im not sure that number of comments is a good indicator of quality, but anyway, my submision to p168 has more comments than 7 of that "top 10" list but does not feature on your list

Mine, as well.

Archived